X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 03-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Feeling Alienated From Humanity

Hey there everyone! Does anyone else here feel completely alienated from people? I feel like I don't connect at all. Socializing is supposed to be innate but it feels so forced and unnatural when I try. Also lately I've been feeling spiteful towards people. I don't know why, usually I try not to judge. Even with my best friend I've been feeling anger towards her! I don't understand why, she's done nothing wrong. I don't think she is aware of my feelings and I hope they will disappear soon. Otherwise it'll ruin our friendship and I will be completely alone.

Other than the fact that I suck at socializing and am feeling spiteful, I feel like I'm losing the basic traits that make people human. What I mean is that because of my anxiety I barely eat. I can't remember the last time I felt hunger!! I'm not getting a lot of sleep and I don't really feel tired. What's worse is that I think I've been supressing a lot of emotions. I feel so detached and unaffected by what goes on around me. I'm not passionate about anything in life. All of this stuff adds up and makes me feel like a robot. I hate it. I think I need a hug. Anyways I just needed to complain about all that stuff. Maybe I'll talk to my social worker about it. Dunno if she'd be able to help though, I mean it's not really anxiety related.

Anyways, yeah. Do any of you feel at all alienated? Or am I alone in feeling alienated?? Lol.
I'm on the persuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold. I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good. Tell me what you know about dreamin' dreamin'. You don't really know about nothin' nothin'.
**The Daydreamer**
The Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

You are definitely not alone, sometimes I myself feel completely alienated from the world and people in general. There are days where I simply cannot connect with them and everything I say feels forced, but those days eventually subside.

I would suggest investing time and energy in a sport or workout plan. You would be able to interact with others and use some of the energy that is preventing you from sleeping. It would also help to vent the suppressed emotions and frustrations you have. Just a thought .

Keep us posted on your progress.
-Properties.
Properties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think most people on here feel alienated from others... it sounds like you're suffering with depression if you're having sleep and appetite problems. Also "detachment" which is probably feeling numb I guess? I suffer from these things too
tranquildream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquildream View Post
I think most people on here feel alienated from others... it sounds like you're suffering with depression if you're having sleep and appetite problems. Also "detachment" which is probably feeling numb I guess? I suffer from these things too
This. You are clearly depressed, OP. Get help for it.
bmwfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've been there and would definitely recommend getting professional help, if possible. I waited too long & am now paying the consequences. As others have mentioned, it sounds like you're depressed & that should not be ignored. (Take it from some one who denied it for years, get help.)

I can also identify with the alienation & anger toward others. It's a rough situation to find yourself in, just know that you are not alone.

Best of luck to you
Old 03-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies, it's comforting to know that I'm not as alone as I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properties View Post
I would suggest investing time and energy in a sport or workout plan. You would be able to interact with others and use some of the energy that is preventing you from sleeping. It would also help to vent the suppressed emotions and frustrations you have. Just a thought
That sounds like a great idea. I used to exercise and I think that it really helped. I've been meaning to get back to it but just haven't found to momentum to start. But you raise some good points so I'll see about exercising again.

As for what tranquildream, bmwfan07 and ImHiding all said about the depression I'll definitely mention it next time I see my therapist. I've always been hesitant to say I was depressed because I don't really feel sad, at least not consistently. But I do seem to have a lot of the symptoms of depression. So I'll see what she says about it. Thanks. I needed a little push to get myself to talk with someone who can help about all the things I've been feeling. And your advice to get help is enough to convince me to do something about it.
I'm on the persuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold. I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good. Tell me what you know about dreamin' dreamin'. You don't really know about nothin' nothin'.
**The Daydreamer**
Old 03-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Most of us here probably feel alienated i'm guessing. It's rare when i actually manage to genuinely connect with someone.

Paragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Why, hello. I am a fellow creature. I don't really feel that it's related to depression, however. I am just not right. It is, however, nice to meet another of my kind.
njodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

I've noticed when I feel like I'm getting close to someone, if they know me too much I begin to alienate myself and back away from them.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

I've never felt human.It is like there are two races.One is humans and the other is me.I really dont like people.
princessdarkness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njodis View Post
Why, hello. I am a fellow creature. I don't really feel that it's related to depression, however. I am just not right. It is, however, nice to meet another of my kind.
It's nice to meet another of my kind finally! Yeah, I'm still dubious that what I have is depression. But I'll ask about it anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessdarkness View Post
I've never felt human.It is like there are two races.One is humans and the other is me.I really dont like people.
I have to agree with you there. I've never felt human either. When I was a kid I used to come up with all kinds of wacky things to explain it. Personally, my favorite was that I was actually a magical shape shifter named Syvica. I feel that is more plausible than the possibility of me ever being "normal".
**The Daydreamer**
Old 03-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

I constantly feel alienated. I wish I could have a real conversation with someone and really connect with them. I have no similar interests with people my age therefore any conversation I engage in is painfully forced. I want to feel so much more. I really want to communicate with people on another level... But it seems that's just not possible...
fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #13 (permalink)

Omg!!! Yes, socializing is sooo unnatural for me too...I always have to put on an act and sound perfect. I pay attention to every word and facial expression I make..it's pathetic and fake but I can't help it...I wish I could be myself but I don't even know who I am!
AngelEyes11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

ive often felt alienated..and on many different levels. during the worst times with anxiety and depression, ive felt like i was cut off from the world and i belonged to a different world. Like i longed to exist in a different time, a better world, where i could be happy.
Along with feeling disconnected with the world, ive questioned society and everything about it, like it was strange and unfamiliar.

That was during the worst part though. Now i just feel really alienated at school, like whenever i go there im completely alone and i have nothing to base myself on. And talking to people is so over my head. I feel like the things people say are so complicated-i wonder if im reading to much into it- people are always using implied humor and half the time i dont understand their jokes. everyone else seems to be fast socializing, theyre quick thinkers, whereas i feel so behind..
guitarmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

my anxiety is like a wall that keeps me from reaching people. I always feel like I'm in a separate world from everyone else.
trendyfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daydreamer View Post
What I mean is that because of my anxiety I barely eat. I can't remember the last time I felt hunger!! I'm not getting a lot of sleep and I don't really feel tired. What's worse is that I think I've been supressing a lot of emotions. I feel so detached and unaffected by what goes on around me. I'm not passionate about anything in life. All of this stuff adds up and makes me feel like a robot. I hate it. I think I need a hug.
I've been experiencing the exact same thing. No hunger, no passion. God, I feel like I'm reading my own thoughts. It's not good to supress those emotions, because feelings that are squashed down have a habit of breaking free in a rather explosive manner, in my experience, at least. You need a hug? Hopefully an e-hug will do for now.
ConfusedMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendyfool View Post
my anxiety is like a wall that keeps me from reaching people. I always feel like I'm in a separate world from everyone else.
same here.
guitarmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Same same @ Princessdarkness and @trendyfool.

I'm still figuring out the problem with me, or should I say the problem with THEM. My counsellor told me that they're being aloof. So then everyone else is aloof then?
Namida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:43 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daydreamer View Post
Hey there everyone! Does anyone else here feel completely alienated from people? I feel like I don't connect at all. Socializing is supposed to be innate but it feels so forced and unnatural when I try. Also lately I've been feeling spiteful towards people. I don't know why, usually I try not to judge. Even with my best friend I've been feeling anger towards her! I don't understand why, she's done nothing wrong. I don't think she is aware of my feelings and I hope they will disappear soon. Otherwise it'll ruin our friendship and I will be completely alone.

Other than the fact that I suck at socializing and am feeling spiteful, I feel like I'm losing the basic traits that make people human. What I mean is that because of my anxiety I barely eat. I can't remember the last time I felt hunger!! I'm not getting a lot of sleep and I don't really feel tired. What's worse is that I think I've been supressing a lot of emotions. I feel so detached and unaffected by what goes on around me. I'm not passionate about anything in life. All of this stuff adds up and makes me feel like a robot. I hate it. I think I need a hug. Anyways I just needed to complain about all that stuff. Maybe I'll talk to my social worker about it. Dunno if she'd be able to help though, I mean it's not really anxiety related.

Anyways, yeah. Do any of you feel at all alienated? Or am I alone in feeling alienated?? Lol.

this was from a long time ago, but i feel EXACTLY like you to a T. i also felt anger towards my best friend, which we arent best friends anymore cause i was highly jelous of her and when she was talking about how "she tries to be such a good person and how everyone thinks shes so sweet and beautiful it made me really distant. and after she talked to my exes behind my back it drew the line, i could just NOT forgive her and felt insecure being around her cause she made me feel less then her, idk if she even tried to, but i just thought too deeply about it i guess. ever since that happened my SA got WAY worse and ive socially isolated myself. i feel no connection with anyone and too depressed to even attempt to hang out with people. im hoping to overcome this one day. i hope you do to. hopefully we can chat sometime.
cassie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

Default hi

i'll hang out with you i know you said this was from a long time ago, but idc!
Deadpoolxlll is offline   Reply With Quote