X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 06-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default fear of new places/things/people

usually once i get familiar with a place or a person, im fine but when i enter a new place i have never been to its like im back to square one. to even the extreme of going to a new supermarket or something where i have never been i start freaking out. anyone else have an intense fear of new places/things/people?? and what do you do about it??
Old 10-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default hello

I have the same problem as you. i even freaked out in a metro station once. i also have the fear of getting lost. what i usually try to do when i have to go somewhere new is i try to have a friend go along with me. sometimes we even turn the whole thing into a chill day and explore whatever place we are at and that way im more comfortable being there by myself. also, even if im with friends, i make sure to have at least 2 copies of directions on where i am so i don't get lost if i have time to make them
JRWhitechaple is offline   Reply With Quote