X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 02-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Don't you feel stupid when people don't text you back?

I know that sometimes they might be busy, I am too once in a while and I can't asnwer texts promptly. Well it happens to everyone.

I just hate when it's a constant thing. Like this guy who talks to me like twice a day, he's mostly the one who comes up saying "hi, what's up".
We chat blabla, and then I ask something.. he won't answer for an hour or more.
This happens all the time with him. He even asked me why I have been so quiet lately. I told him, "I never know if you're really there or ever answer me back so... "
He just answered with a "smile" like this ---> ':P'

Anyway, when I'm chatting with someone on internet (whoever it is), if I have to go away, I usually say something like "hey, I have to do stuff, we talk later, bye". Or if I had a problem and let the person talk alone for a long while I say "sorry, I was busy, had to do this and that".

Lie if you want, but at least say something LOL I may believe it or not, it's up to me.

Seriously, I wash my hands. From now on i'll do the same to him.
Keeping my respect to other who never done such.

What do you do when this happens?
Cupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

yes all the time. it also makes me not want to text people. like there is this girl i like who sometimes doesn't text back but will apolgize for not texting back but during that time it stresses me.
quietmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Its annoying indeed
Old 02-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

I purposely do it sometimes to like i am busy and not sitting by the phone waiting for them
Gbx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

If my text was a question or something important and my textee ignored it, I'd be hurt and pissed. However often we just text "status updates" to each other (like "finally off work") or something like that, and it's okay not to respond to those IMO.
CoastalSprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Treat them with the same respect, they'll either leave you alone or actually give you more attention, least from my experience.
Whatev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

I am so guilty of this. I don't know what my problem is but I usually read a text and then put my phone down with the intention to reply later. It's like I'm already socially exhausted just reading what they said that I need a break and time to think of a good reply. Or maybe I'm just super lazy and inconsiderate. But I choose to believe the former. I plan to improve on this though because it's not a pleasant feeling when it happens to me.
layitontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Nope. I'm used to being ignored. I'm usually surprised when someone texts back within the hour.
Toppington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

how similar we are i ahve my best friend on this site n we talk daily..i am chatty n reply him promptly..but sometimes i find him busy on something else..
m really nagging n get offended several times
from some days..m not writing him like i used to do before..whatever the reason be..its insulting..when u r asking tons n tons n he replies some of my msgs..i cant take it...
its really feeling like a fool
Old 02-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbx34 View Post
I purposely do it sometimes to like i am busy and not sitting by the phone waiting for them
My bad, I forgot to mention. I was mostly talking about internet, chat and so on.
I'm not attached to my cell phone anyways, so I easily understand when someone doesn't reply.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by layitontheline View Post
I am so guilty of this. I don't know what my problem is but I usually read a text and then put my phone down with the intention to reply later. It's like I'm already socially exhausted just reading what they said that I need a break and time to think of a good reply. Or maybe I'm just super lazy and inconsiderate. But I choose to believe the former. I plan to improve on this though because it's not a pleasant feeling when it happens to me.
I see that, I feel the same and I end to act same ways sometimes.

I guess I should not judge and not worry if my facebook message was replied or not.
People might not just be in the mood or not interested loosing time with me perhaps. I should accept that and go do my own stuff.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppington View Post
Nope. I'm used to being ignored. I'm usually surprised when someone texts back within the hour.
well I see what you mean... but I'm used to get quick replies (facebook) from my friends. It pisses me off that this guy is the only one who doesn't.

life goes on...
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

Yes, I hate feeling ignored.
andytenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #14 (permalink)

I'm guilty!

I don't get texts/phone calls often so I have a bad habit of wandering out of ear shot of my phone. Often I don't even notice that I received a text until late at night when I'm setting my alarm on my cell phone. I always feel really bad for missing it.
Secretly Pretentious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Happens all the time. And the usual responce is "oh thought i sent you a reply." folliwed by a lame "sorry!" or "never got it" and its like ya right you did.

What i hate more is WORD ONE ANSWERS. I types two paragraphs and all i get back is a "yeah" "yes" or "ok" talk about annoying! Ugh. I hate that. Its called a text conversation for a reason.
izuhbelluh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by layitontheline View Post
I'm the same. Since I'm introverted, I need time to socially recharge & have been known to ignore some texts/messages that I receive even though I don't receive that many. But yeah... Here comes the irony. I do get frustrated when others don't text me back since I'm offended easily. I have an ex friend that would always stop replying to me after I asked him "Whats up?" or said "I miss you". I got tired of it, stopped bothering to message him & haven't spoken since. It could be that he stays busy or something but at least he could have tried to talk to me some instead of me having to.
Jinxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuhbelluh View Post
What i hate more is WORD ONE ANSWERS. I types two paragraphs and all i get back is a "yeah" "yes" or "ok" talk about annoying! Ugh. I hate that. Its called a text conversation for a reason.
That's definitely worse.
Specially when we are saying something important or looking forward for someone's opinion.

And I don't like to be the one to make all the conversation, makes me feel like i'm desperately trying to unbore. And then they reply "yeah" -.-
Old 02-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #18 (permalink)

Lol they respond within an hour? I and my friends often won't respond for 5-6 hours, sometimes a full day. Texts aren't supposed to be like conversations, they're to send things once in awhile, call if you want to have a huge response back and forth.
FabledHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

I don't take it personally. But I get the message they are not too into the conversation.
Mae West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabledHero View Post
Lol they respond within an hour? I and my friends often won't respond for 5-6 hours, sometimes a full day. Texts aren't supposed to be like conversations, they're to send things once in awhile, call if you want to have a huge response back and forth.
Or just recognize that feeling hurt about it is a false feeling. See you feel hurt because of your beliefs. You think they should text back right away, but if they don't have that same belief about texting doesn't mean they don't care about you. Just means they don't text back all the time quickly.
FabledHero is offline   Reply With Quote