X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 08-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dependent on parents

I feel bad still being dependent on my parents. Im 19, almost 20 and I hate still asking my parents for money or for rides to places. It doesn't make it better with SA and trying to find a job:/ ive been trying to atleast get a job and then get a car but it's hard sometimes when my mom doesn't want me to get a job?! She still does certain things for me with the exception that I cook, clean and take care of my lil sis but I feel like she's not taking into account that I need things too:/ all I want is a car and job, but with the way my parents made me so used to them always providing for me it's hard. Is anyone else still dependent with their parents?
Tess4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Your mum doesn't want you to get a job? It's not often you hear that at all, when I was 19 and unemployed I was sent on constant guilt trips about it.
SIM 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM 83 View Post
Your mum doesn't want you to get a job? It's not often you hear that at all, when I was 19 and unemployed I was sent on constant guilt trips about it.
^^^yea it's really weird especially when most people my age do have a job and here's my mom telling me she doesn't want me to
Tess4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm 19 going on 20 as well, no job, no car, still dependent on my parents. I HATE having to ask them to buy me stuff, and I hate that they need to drive me everywhere.

That's weird that your mom doesn't want you to have a job, I say get one anyways. I don't have one because I don't have any transportation and there aren't any jobs that I can just walk to, not to mention every place that I've applied at hasn't called me back, so.

hearts that kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Worked since I was 14. Paid rent since I was 14 and moved out.
Lived on my own for years but moved back home because i am allowed to stay here for a third the price of decent apartment in a decent neighborhood in my city.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Really got to take a stand and start doing things your self, the more you let your parents wrap you up in a blanket the harder things will get, trust me i know.
Eski is offline   Reply With Quote