Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Frustration (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/)
-   -   Creepy pedophilic co-worker. (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/creepy-pedophilic-co-worker-621194/)

Staticnz 09-08-2013 10:34 PM

I think he's 22. If it's all bluster that would be good. If something happened I'd be sick to my stomach.

Zeeshan 09-08-2013 10:37 PM

I wouldnt call a man finding a 16 year old attractive a pedophile

Sorry its not like she is 11 or something, high school girls are usually around 16/17

millenniumman75 09-08-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staticnz (Post 1066546514)
I think he's 22. If it's all bluster that would be good. If something happened I'd be sick to my stomach.

This would happen...:lol
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/Ch...XHeatherXD.jpg

Just Lurking 09-08-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeshan (Post 1066546610)

Certainly, it would be highly ignorant to do so.

The issue, though (to me), is the teaching. He's basically a 22-year-old horndog of a teacher who seems to be actively lusting after his students. Is this why he got into teaching? And then the rape/molestation chatter on top of it?

Really, you can't punish someone for their thoughts, but the information we have here definitely raises some eyebrows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by millenniumman75 (Post 1066546666)
This would happen...:lol
[img]

I never figured Chris Hansen's crew to be particularly useful. Any clips of that show I ever watched involved guys and 15-year-old girls. Technically illegal, sure, but there are bigger fish in the sea, are there not: How about the guys who are doing prepubescents? Now those are some "predators". NBC always dealt with the small fish.

Persephone The Dread 09-09-2013 12:19 AM

It's not always that hard to get English teaching jobs in Asia though is it? Japan is a little pickier than some other countries but even considering that. I can't say I'm surprised they probably thought he's just really bubbly and charasmatic.

He's probably just bluffing op and will be moving on back home in a year or two. I can't imagine him doing anything with a student since he'll not be likely to find teaching work again after that and supporting himself money wise would get difficult.

If you think he is that dense maybe get some opinions from coworkers who agree with you who can attest to his inappropriate behaviour. Otherwise it's one persons word against another with no solid proof.

Staticnz 09-09-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeshan (Post 1066546610)

Sorry its not like she is 11 or something, high school girls are usually around 16/17

Yeah I do think that's missing the point a bit, cos it's an abuse of power, isn't it? And maybe I'm more scared it will lead to uhh, rapey behavior. And targeting high school girls in general is creepy in my honest opinion. Even if some of them are not underage, isn't purposefully targeting the youngest possible age group kind of weird? I think it is.

Staticnz 09-09-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread (Post 1066548058)
If you think he is that dense maybe get some opinions from coworkers who agree with you who can attest to his inappropriate behaviour. Otherwise it's one persons word against another with no solid proof.

Well; I talked with a coworker about him today.

He said another coworker told him that in the school gym at a junior high school (so kids around 14 probably), he randomly picked up a girl, holding her by her sides, and lifted her up so her legs were kicking in the air.(he could possibly see up her dress)

Apparently a teacher saw this and told him to put her down. Then they told him he isn't to do that.

Next, he told me how at school sports events he has been constantly hugging the girl students, and I'm not sure how that's being perceived or what's being done about it.

All I know is with things he has said and the things I've heard about him, that bodes badly. Maybe he will get kicked out. That would be for the best.

Malek 09-09-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread (Post 1066541722)
It's **** like this that gives English teachers a terrible rep in foreign countries :no

He probably think he's living this song:

http://www.youtube.com/v/XVOnhCf7G2I

I had a guy friend who would practically always only talk about sexual stuff, and jokily try and flirt and stuff (it got worse the longer I knew him, he did this with everyone though...) so I just ended up having to cut them off in the end... It wasn't even creepy per se, but when the only thing someone wants to talk about is sex and stuff... I like more meaningful conversation sometimes from people in my life.

There's guys like this around, (like the one you've spoken about here) and I've met a couple and women can usually tell from a mile away so hopefully they'll be sensible to avoid him/make sure he knows they're not interested.

I have a coworker who acts like this. I never like talking about this sort of stuff and refuse to checkout female customers with him. Laughing at me as if I'm the weirdo, wtf. He's one of the type of guys who has to rate every attractive girl he sees. Needless to say, a lot of coworkers are tired of his one track mind.

mattmc 09-09-2013 06:32 AM

I've heard Japan is far too lenient and forgiving of their teachers misconduct. That may not apply equally to non-Japanese. Like you said though, they don't as easily suspect non-Japanese. You should do something or at least investigate further.

housebunny 09-09-2013 06:56 AM

You are not overreacting, there is absolutely something wrong with his behavior, especially in that setting. He isn't just finding the students attractive, his actions are inappropriate. I agree with those who have said to report him.

Kalliber 09-09-2013 07:08 AM

O my god.. record it and report him..

housebunny 09-09-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalliber (Post 1066552258)
O my god.. record it and report him..

Yeah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TicklemeRingo (Post 1066529714)
Japan seems like a good place to buy an easily concealable recording device.

I like this idea, even if you don't use it, it would be good to have it for those times when something is happening and no one believes you. I used to live next door to a psycho who only harassed me when no one was around.

Glass Child 09-09-2013 08:29 AM

Do you think that parents would be feeling safe letting their children go to his class?

If not, report his *** and make sure nothing happens before he decides to try something. His type makes me sick.

namebn 09-09-2013 08:58 AM

well if they're 18, then he's not really a pedo.

DeeperUnderstanding 09-09-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namebn (Post 1066553514)
well if they're 18, then he's not really a pedo.

They're not. They are high school students.

Anyway, I generally don't see anything wrong with fantasizing about high school students, because they are sexually mature. And the media throws it out in your face that these are the most attractive girls out there right now...the older women, like Jennifer Aniston? Washed up! They were nothing after they turned 25. People look to girls like Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus when they want to see what's hot.

It's only natural that men will react to something that society throws out there. And Japan is an even more backwards society, because they have anime, and that portrays children as adults...which leads to completely backwards adults. Most men in Japan are asexuals, because they can relate to only children and are hiding their desires. I'd say that the fact that this is happening in Japan is more likely what it has to do with.

WhyEvenBother 09-09-2013 10:42 AM

Really you got to stop this now, please don't keep coming back to this thread to tell us how horrible he is, just tell his superiors that he's a freaking pedophile before he rapes someone!

BigBlueMoon 09-09-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staticnz (Post 1066548874)
Well; I talked with a coworker about him today.

He said another coworker told him that in the school gym at a junior high school (so kids around 14 probably), he randomly picked up a girl, holding her by her sides, and lifted her up so her legs were kicking in the air.(he could possibly see up her dress)

Apparently a teacher saw this and told him to put her down. Then they told him he isn't to do that.

Next, he told me how at school sports events he has been constantly hugging the girl students, and I'm not sure how that's being perceived or what's being done about it.

All I know is with things he has said and the things I've heard about him, that bodes badly. Maybe he will get kicked out. That would be for the best.

A real red flag right there. Now THAT really crosses the threshold into pedophilia.

DeeperUnderstanding 09-09-2013 11:09 AM

Yeah, that seems really out of order.

guitarmatt 09-09-2013 11:33 AM

How the **** does he a have a job. Especially being a teacher. I'd think he'd be behind bars if he was in the states.

Just Lurking 09-09-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staticnz (Post 1066548874)
...in the school gym at a junior high school (so kids around 14 probably), he randomly picked up a girl, holding her by her sides, and lifted her up so her legs were kicking in the air.

...at school sports events he has been constantly hugging the girl students

Not surprising.

I doubt school officials would act on this stuff, though. It would probably take actual abuse before something was done (either that, or some complaining by parents or students).