X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 08-22-2011, 01:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can't turn my mind off

This isn't really social anxiety but maybe some people can relate. I am literally thinking all day, talking to myself and narrating events. It's to the point where I can't relax or act natural. All day I just isolate myself and think. When I'm in social situations I'm never "there." I'm in my head thinking about something, usually worrying. Needless to say, this has caused me to isolate since interacting with people has become unbearable. I get no joy from hanging out with friends anymore. It feels like a chore. I leave the house just so I can put on the illusion of being normal.
I originally assumed it was just social anxiety disorder but after examining my thoughts a little it has become clear that it is something more. Does anyone else basically live in their head? I'd love to hear people's suggestions and experiences.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yes. I live in my head. In school, before class starts, all the kids are talking. I just sit there with a blank expression, thinking intently about something. If someone tries to ask me something, I feel like somebody is trying to contact me from another dimension. I have given up maintaining the personality of my outward self because I hardly use that part of me. InstrospectiveModeON

HermitModeON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yup, I know what you mean. This is probably because your going throough a change. I call it awakening. Your probably starting to see things differently? Your friends just don't get it?

yeah been though this. It will get easier. It will never end but you will understand whats going on.
5hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

hey. I relate completely. I can't seem to leave my head. It follows me everywhere. Like my cat hasn't come home for a couple of nights and I've managed to get myself so paranoid that my next door neighbour has stolen him (which she hasn't cause she's been away) that i can't even focus on a full page of my study (and i have a HUGE exam next week). I stop my partner from talking to me when I'm stressing out cause my voice is already loud enough in my head.
I'm sending myself insane.
I promise I'm right next to you. I wish I could help you stop it. LOL i wish you could help me stop it too.
But at least we now know we're not alone.

Alexi xx
AlexiKatty is offline   Reply With Quote