X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can't find work =[

Ugh, I'm 28 and I haven't worked since I was stuck at Sears in another state in March 2007. I finished college with a BS in Information Systems in 2009 but I can't find any work at all. I have no experience since I did my college online and never had a real job, I can't even find a job in retail of any sort. I'm too shy to go in and just ask if they're hiring or whatever it is normal people do. I just do their applications online at walmart.com or whatever but I'm starting to think that they don't even read those applications. How do you guys go about finding a real job out of college, or any job.. I can't stand living with family anymore and they have put so much debt in my name.
Ogrt48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Dude I thought the same thing about the online apps; I JUST (Yesterday) got a job at Krogers through a online app, I **** you not. I did it on the 24thish and got the call on the 29th, they DO read them.
OpiodArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

I dunno I'm in the same position. :/
Perhaps try and find work experience or unpaid internships or something? Just to get something on your CV. That's what I'm trying to do. My poor CV's so bare.
Snow Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpiodArmor View Post
Dude I thought the same thing about the online apps; I JUST (Yesterday) got a job at Krogers through a online app, I **** you not. I did it on the 24thish and got the call on the 29th, they DO read them.
Hah wow, I just applied online for Krogers a few nights ago after seeing them hiring for overnight stock in my local store. I just feel horrible getting a hourly job after finishing college, having $45k in school loans, a diabetic dog who needs $4k in surgery to get her vision back but shes still blind since I can't pay for it and like $15k in credit card debt because of low life family using credit cards in my name and I'm stuck paying the bills. I have no idea how I'll even find my own apartment that takes pets once I get a job since the minimum credit card payments will destroy me =\
Old 06-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a real debt ain't one. D:!

And yeah why don't you get a lawyer? You can talk to some of them for free and if they feel they have a good chance of winning they wont even charge you anything; they just take their fee out of the winnings.
OpiodArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm stuck living with them at the moment is the reason mostly.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just keep trying. It's extremely hard to find a job, It took me about 9+ months of signing up almost everyday online...only to get a ****ty retail job that pays a tiny bit more then minimum wage

good luck.
successful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Looking for a job myself. LA is rough place to find one. Or, at least one that you can stomach. Before I moved here I also worked in overnight retail stock...there's something about that job that attracts people with SA, I've noticed. Not having to deal with the public, I suppose.

Sucks about your family situation. That's gotta make it doubly hard. Just keep trying and something will open up.
scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well I finally have an interview tomorrow at 11am and a retail store, I applied for stock. I'm starting to have a panic attack, I'm not even worried about the interview itself but I still don't want to go. I'm already worried about the work, new coworkers and such and I haven't even been hired yet =\