Brain on fire from thinking...any one else experience this? - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 09-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Post Brain on fire from thinking...any one else experience this?

This might sound weird, I don't know, but when I think (and especially when I'm trying to focus but am having difficulty concentrating) my brain not only hurts, but it's like it heats up or something. I don't know how to describe it, and I'm not imagining it either. It's just that when I'm trying to think, it's like all the neurons are firing out of control and making my head feel really hot (my head feels hot right now actually, just thinking about all the anxiety-provoking homework I have to do today), and I also feel a good deal of pressure all over my head. I could just be a freak of nature or something, but I am just curious about what others think and if any one else experiences this. It's really irritating. Also, I am almost always fatigued and have extreme difficulty concentrating much of the time. I don't know if anxiety plays a huge part in this or not, but I certainly feel it does. Anyone?
SadRosesAreBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Brain on fire from thinking...any one else experience this?

i think i experience this sometimes, my whole body will get hot though...maybe you should try excersizing cause that helps relieve my anxiety...
--Mr. SandMan--
Mr. SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

My face and head gets hot when it's concentrating hard-it really is-all that blood going to your brain because you're focusing there. I need a fan on my face to cool off.
"A simple man believes everything he hears; a clever man understands the need for proof." Proverbs 14:15-The New English Bible
'O the depth of God's richness and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgements are and past tracing out his ways are!'-Romans 11:33
Anxiety75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadRosesAreBeautiful
trying to focus but am having difficulty concentrating
That's most likely your problem. Your stress level is most likely going up which will cause your blood pressure to rise and you'll start feeling hotter and uncomfortable.
shyvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety75
My face and head gets hot when it's concentrating hard-it really is-all that blood going to your brain because you're focusing there. I need a fan on my face to cool off.
My face will get hot as well. I will cool myself off with a cold drink or a fan, and sometimes in desperation even just take xanax or benadryl to make me go to sleep and just "sleep it off." Probably not the healthiest thing to do, but it's easy.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvr6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadRosesAreBeautiful
trying to focus but am having difficulty concentrating
That's most likely your problem. Your stress level is most likely going up which will cause your blood pressure to rise and you'll start feeling hotter and uncomfortable.
I think it's definitely anxiety-provoking stress. I find that a lot of times when this head thing happens, my muscles all over my body feel very strange, almost like a burning sensation in my muscles, especially concentrated in my legs. It's so irritating
Old 09-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Oh I'm right there with you guys. It feels like an oversized migraine on top of another oversized migraine and that it gets so heavy my brain feels like it's imploding in on itself. But sometimes when I truly feel stressed out and my body is electrified with nervous energy I work it off through rnadom dancing late at night in my neighborhood where people don't see me. I could be out there from midnight to 3am just walking around and dancing. Having been a gymnast for 14 years I do all the mid heavy gymnastics skills like side-ariels and backhand-springs on the side while I'm dancing like a mad woman exorcising the demons out of my body. I tell you, nothing like a great stress reliever than going out and doing some major exercising, or dancing, and making it fun, even if you're talking to anyone. .
Mykelae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

whenever i get anxious, it feels like loads of warm blood rushes to my head which makes me feel dizzy and faint. this only happens when i get anxious, not just thinking in general.
lonelysallywally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Oh big time. I get those all the time. The fact that I suffer from the classic workaholic type and living in the south, you gorw-up learning how to "sweat it out" everyday and yeah when I am concentrating as hard as possible or working with every ounce of strength of in my body, yeah it feels like my brain is on fire or that it's going to explode. I think it has something to do with the change of seasons for me. I tend to look forward to winter and staying out of the heat as much as possible.
CutInStoneByElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Burning sne

I got this problem too..just as u said feel like neurone are burning up... But only my head especially the back of my head and neck heats up whenever i start thinking...its not exactly painful but disturbing the burning sensation as if i touch something hot a little injure feeling ...makes me can't think nor Could i concentrate at all...
Nostalgias is offline   Reply With Quote