Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What makes you feel good?

3K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  embraer 
#1 ·
If you've had a bad day or are just feeling bad, what makes you feel good and lifts your spirits? For me: writing in my journal, exercising, keeping busy, painting.

#6 ·
I like watching my favorite movies because it is sort of an escape from reality. It tends to make me forget about my trouble. I also like making pottery.

Music also brings me some tranquility, but it has to be upbeat otherwise I could be depressing

#9 ·
I love drawing and actually being satisfied with the result. I like the beach, but only the ones without tons of people and where it's cold and windy. I love, love, love concerts, even though lining up and walking around an enclosed area with hundreds of other people make me nervous. I like watching cheesy 80's movies. Cleaning my records is fun (yes, I'm a little weird). Sleeping is nice too, since I don't have to think about anything.

#12 ·
Human contact. A smile. A genuine compliment. Some type of acknowledgment that i am a good person and that i exist . Sometimes i am fortunate enough to bump into these type of people and it raises up my moral, mhttp://www.socialanxietysupport.com/fo ... be0c63ef2#
:rainy spirit and my self esteem. They make up for the rest that can be very selfish and mean spirited....soulless materialistic individuals that are constantly negative. puppies and young children always make me smile! :lol

#15 ·
lifting weights, being so tired, taking a hot bath, then falling into bed. :)

#17 ·
Slurpavillia said:
a plate of nachos with 20-30 jalapeno peppers does the trick.

i guess i should lay off jalapenos if i wanna get some hugs though huh? :lol
:lol

really though the only thing that i can think of that would REALLY make me feel good right now is physical contact. even just a hug or two.
:sigh I could use one, too. I haven't had a hug since I last saw my mother. :(

#19 ·
Half_A_Person said:
I love drawing and actually being satisfied with the result. I like the beach, but only the ones without tons of people and where it's cold and windy. I love, love, love concerts, even though lining up and walking around an enclosed area with hundreds of other people make me nervous. I like watching cheesy 80's movies. Cleaning my records is fun (yes, I'm a little weird). Sleeping is nice too, since I don't have to think about anything.
You sound pretty cool to me!!!!!!

Could you explain what is meant by your avatar. I am intrigued...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.