what are some good memories you have from the past ? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Smile what are some good memories you have from the past ?

or what are some things that bring back memories?

- In elementary school me and my friend liked the same guy. I used to always bring lunchables to school and I would give him the candy to prove that I liked him more.

- Handing out Valentines day cards and candy to our classmates in elementary school.

- In the summer when me, my brother and our friends went to Blockbuster to pick out movies/video games and candy and then going swimming after that. That day was fun and I miss my old friends a lot.

- In gym class in elementary school we used to play with parachutes

- Pretending that wafer sticks were cigarettes and eating candy like Altoids,baby bottle pops,warheads,fruit gushers,soda candy,squeeze pop, ouch bubble gum and wrapping fruit rollups around my thumb and sucking on it lol.

- Me hanging out with my brother and his friends at their house playing video games like Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party 4 ,Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Mega Collection etc. I love listening to video game music and just thinking about the fun times we had.

- Me and my friends outside having a hula hooping contest and eating popsicles.

- When I watched a movie on Blu Ray DVD it would say "Coming soon to own on DVD and Video".

- Watching Hallowentown, Casper, Twitches, and Hocus Pocus every Halloween.

- Building blanket forts.

- Me and my brother playing Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh cards.

- Waking up every Saturday morning to watch Pokemon and Sonic X and watching shows like The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Ed, Edd N Eddy, Codename: Kids Next Door, Teen Titans and Jimmy Neutron etc.

Sorry this is long but theirs a lot of things that bring back memories. I wish I could go back in time and relive them. My life was so fun back when I lived in Texas. I found some of my old friends online so that's good :P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 10:14 PM
SAS Member

Fighting over a crush is not worth it. I remember I got offended when my crush was hitting on my brother but I got over it. Best memory from the past was my 22nd birthday. I celebrated with my family at a nice restaurant and it was my first non ****ty birthday. It went smoothly. My other best memory was doing my morning walks at this park I spent my childhood years at. I would go there every day and stay for an hour. Now I can't do that since my work schedule is full time. Oh well. You clearly don't have time for anything when you enter into adulthood.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 10:20 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bashful
Everything is different and sad for me now. But I do have some good memories though:

Playing tomba with my mom

Watching my dad play metal gear solid on ps1

Playing GI joes and watching the matrix when my dad lived in a motel for a while

Going to see mastodon live and that was barely last year

First finding out about system of a down from the scream 3 soundtrack

Watching Christmas cartoons with my mom and sister

Watching wwe with my dad and brother!

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 12:30 AM
SOS Member

Play Contra. Play fireworks/firecrackers. Prank call the firemen. Ride bicycle. Slingshot birds. Watch horror movies.

"I read somewhere...how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong...but to feel strong." - Chris McCandless
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 07:27 AM
SAS Member

I have a thing about having an older brother. And I used to be left alone while both my parents work so I carry around the house key. Once when I was in elementary school I had an older boy to come home with me. He helped me with homework and stuff. But I forgot his name and face. All I remember is holding on him as he took me home on his bike. I remember thinking how skinny he was lol. When I think of it now, I'm not sure if it has something to do with some early and latent homosexuality or just over romanticized fantasy of an only child about having a brother.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 06:06 AM
SAS Member

[QUOTE=Shy Girl14;1079377217
- Handing out Valentines day cards and candy to our classmates in elementary school.

[/QUOTE]

These are favorite memories, too. Valentines Day and Gym class were way more fun and happy at elementary school.
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 07:53 AM
Orange Alert

My Mood: Worried
Nearly all of my good memories are gaming nostalgia. The real world has overwhelmingly more pain than anything else for me, it seems. I struggle to come up with even one really fond memory of a time when I was outside/with someone. Maybe when I used to go swimming, but again, I always zoned out and went my own way.
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 08:05 AM
SAS Member

Had true friends in the past and how it feel to have true friends.Now I m crying.

Where There Is Light, There Is Always Darkness(HATRED).
-Madara Uchiha
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 08:11 AM
SAS Member

Riding my bike around as fast as i could go and doing laps

First year of high school
Having friends who wanted to hang around with me
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 05:26 PM
SAS Member

Senior year of high school - the good, the bad, and the rocky, I loved it all. Yup, just all of senior year of high school. Um... My childhood was good. My trip to Europe (well, honestly, only half of it - I got sick and my travel companion and I weren't clicking for the first half). Camping with friends during college (before they drifted away). I actually have quite a lot...
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 07:38 AM
SAS Member

church camp, not the preaching but the environment and my peers when I was a kid and teenager, those were the good times, so much to explore, so many good looking girls back then, few close friends, it's all over now, now I'm 30 and surrounded by boring adults and females who turned ****ty and very cocky and I get annoyed by them just by looking at their cocky always smiling faces like they are the sh*t but they're not, I can't relate to these fools, to these adults the only way they know of having a good time is to go to strip clubs and drink, how lame is that?
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 07:41 AM
SAS Member

I had some bloody good ice cream in Melbourne once.

I'm tempted to go back there just to visit that ice cream shop.
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 07:51 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Girl14 View Post
or what are some things that bring back memories?

- In elementary school me and my friend liked the same guy. I used to always bring lunchables to school and I would give him the candy to prove that I liked him more.

- In the summer when me, my brother and our friends went to Blockbuster to pick out movies/video games and candy and then going swimming after that. That day was fun and I miss my old friends a lot.

- Pretending that wafer sticks were cigarettes and eating candy like Altoids,baby bottle pops,warheads,fruit gushers,soda candy,squeeze pop, ouch bubble gum and wrapping fruit rollups around my thumb and sucking on it lol.

- Me hanging out with my brother and his friends at their house playing video games like Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party 4 ,Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Mega Collection etc. I love listening to video game music and just thinking about the fun times we had.

- Me and my friends outside having a hula hooping contest and eating popsicles.

- When I watched a movie on Blu Ray DVD it would say "Coming soon to own on DVD and Video".

- Watching Hallowentown, Casper, Twitches, and Hocus Pocus every Halloween.

- Building blanket forts.

- Me and my brother playing Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh cards.

- Waking up every Saturday morning to watch Pokemon and Sonic X and watching shows like The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Ed, Edd N Eddy, Codename: Kids Next Door, Teen Titans and Jimmy Neutron etc.

Sorry this is long but theirs a lot of things that bring back memories. I wish I could go back in time and relive them. My life was so fun back when I lived in Texas. I found some of my old friends online so that's good :P.
Ed, Edd and Eddy was a good show. It reminds of other shows I liked on that channel like Dexter's laboratory.
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 07:56 AM
SAS Member

The days before the first symptoms of my sleep disorder where I could stay awake the whole day.

Being happy to go to school and to learn.

Summer camp during elementary school excluding soccer and golf camp. NOPE.

My 8th grade year.

Going to outdoor school with friends.

and a lot more....
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 11:04 AM
SAS Member

Friday afternoons in fifth grade, we got to play outside until we went home.

Waking up at 4 in the morning on Christmas, running to wake up my parents and being told to go back to bed, where I would stay until 5 or so and do it again.

Going to the beach in the summer, the excitement of getting there and seeing it, and the smell in the air. And finally getting in the water.

My mom and I playing video games.

Visiting my grandparents for a few days sometimes.

Summer of sixth grade when my family went to Disney World a few times.

Before I started high school I went to my aunt and uncles with my grandma and spent two weeks. Then we went to their place on the coast and I canoed and took swimming classes.

My senior year physics class, when we went on two field trips.

College when I was off on Fridays and hung out with my friends on Friday nights.
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 04:47 PM
SAS Member

Smoking weed and driving around LA with friends while blasting music.

Walking home from college on overcast days and listening to Boards of Canada on my iPod.
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 03:14 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angry
Playing video games.

That's about it.
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 08:04 AM
SAS Member

On swim team, we used to prank freshmen. We would do dumb stuff like steal one of their shoes, put it on a kickboard, and let it float to the middle of the pool. Memories

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 08:18 AM
SAS Member

what are some good memories you have from the past ?

College graduation
Promotions
Asst. Managing a Training Restaurant
Happy Hour
New Years' festivities (Times Square, etc.)
Bowling League (not competitive, thankfully)
Time in Germany, Mexico, Canada, etc.
Random Road Trips
Going over-the-border to Montreal for breakfast.
- It took us longer to drive to/from than we stayed.
Disney World (and Land)
Ice skating in Rockefeller Center
IKEA 'put-the-s***-together' parties

Good stuff. Pre-SA but still good.
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 06:10 AM

circa 2001. With Mitch (and possibly Jonas) behind the school gymnasium in grade school and having fun with those destroyed badminton racket handles and hiding them in the sand, saying that we'd get back to them in the future, maybe in high school.

circa 2003. With Mitch and Carl Jason in front of the small chapel beside the HS faculty room, a girl passed by making the sign of the cross - ninja style! The 3 of us stared at each other for a few seconds, dumbfounded. We swear we could also hear her make swishing sounds. That was totally random and hilarious!

circa 2001. School play in 5th grade and its rehearsals with best buds and classmates, playing Pokemon and stuff when it wasn't our scene.

circa 1999. Watching cousin RJ walk away, pretending nothing happened after getting slightly electrocuted by a light switch.

circa 2002. Dinner at the lawn outside JL's house those summer nights with Justin and Popoy when we were kids.

circa 2014. All guys "retreat" at Dean's family beach house far from the city. We held exclusivity over the place and had a beer-pong tournament all night and went swimming before the sun rose. Vince apologized to me for not bringing some weed. I had mentioned weeks before this that I've always wanted to know, at least once, what being "high" feels like. It's all a joke, of course... partly.

circa 2006. Freshman in college. First time I ever went to a sleep-over at a friend's house. 4 guys and 7 girls. This was after our college Christmas party. (Disney) movie marathon and breakfast by their pool the next day. I think we only had soda that night despite planning to try out beer earlier.

circa 2011. Field trip to a far off city. On the first night, our Fine Arts professor invited me and my classmates to try out Tequila and how to properly drink it. On the last night of our stay, I and a female college-mate decided to experience what it felt like to be drunk (for the first time). We were actually excited on the prospect, but we overdid it and I could remember other college-mates dragging me back to our hotel hours later.

circa 2011. Mike (Zerg), Jackie (Terran), and I (Protoss) teamed up in StarCraft II and after several matches, we actually made it to 4th place in Diamond Division.

circa last weekend. I went hiking with Bern and Dondi and 2 more people to a local WWII memorial site up in the mountains. We went swimming afterwards.

Hey! Writing these down actually made me feel better.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page