Be the best at what you do - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Daring
Be the best at what you do

Self confidence is a major lacking point in people with social anxiety. What I have found that has helped me is to be the best at whatever I do. Wake up in the morning and look forward to going to work. Lets say you work as a business consultant. Make goals for yourself, evaluate your surroundings, take note of your coworkers. Say to yourself "I want to sign deals with 50 clients this month and no one will *****ing stop me". By setting big goals you will never sell yourself short. And once you reach your goals you will have a feeling of accomplishment that no one can take from you. I personally have fitness, financial, and social goals for myself. I think its the best way to achieve them since you can visually see them every day. Write it in your notes on your phone, write it on your white board in your room, write it on the *****ing PB&J you make every morning. Just make sure you get it done. I recently achieved my $5000 mark goal from investments i made in cryptocurrencys and I'm going for $10,000 now. Goals like these distract you from the depressing thoughts of social anxiety, since your mind is constantly on improving whatever you enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:08 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
I'm basically with you. I have always hated working--it has almost always caused me a lot of anxiety. But about 5 weeks ago, I found a job that fits me, for the most part, and I don't feel the anxiety at night and in the mornings like I used to when thinking about going to work. I can tell everyone at work is really happy with the job I'm doing. And I finally feel like my career is going somewhere. Now I'm looking for a second part-time remote job to help achieve my financial goals of getting out of debt as fast as I can (student loan debt). I have always wanted to write for a living, so every day I look for a writing job that actually pays per article or at least per word--no more writing jobs that don't pay for my time/effort or only pay per click. I plan to put all of that income towards paying off debt.

I feel so good that I can't tell if it's the anxiety/mood supplements I ordered off Amazon or just finally having the right job and having plans to get what I want out of life. Whatever it is, my attitude is definitely better with regards to my career and financial situations.

I am actually also interested in investing, so I'd love to know more about what you're doing and what resources have helped you.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Abendfuchs

My Mood: Fine
I've tried making those goals and habits, I've just been having a hard time sticking with them.

I've also been investing in cryptocurrency and made about the same amount, it's a crazy market, wish I started sooner.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:21 PM
N/A

My Mood: Bored
So you want me to be good at being depress?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:29 PM
SAS Member

For people with SAD, a business consultant would be at the bottom of the list for achievable careers. If you're a business consultant, your SAD is probably extremely mild, which means it's not SAD.

That said, I agree that we should do our best at everything we do. It bolsters self-esteem and is the best way to have a successful career. The other option is to be a good B.S. artist, which SAD sufferers are usually not.

Don't forget to breathe.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilightforce View Post
So you want me to be good at being depress?
There must be something else you are good at but being depressed, you haven't been giving this part of your personality any attention.

I Almost let go
I felt like I just couldn't take life any more
My problems had me bound
Depression weighed me down
But God held me close
So I wouldn't let go
God's mercy kept me
So I wouldn't let go
-Kurt Carr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page