X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Secondary Disorders

Old 07-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default so depressed i dont want to do anything

Old 07-09-2005, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

, i feel the same way, hang in there!
I'm unemployed, too, mostly doing lazy stuff besides the ruotine workouts and meditation...my life could use some changes, but its been difficult with my parent's working and my sister in college, the only people who can give me rides to apply, i don't know what to do. I'm sure we'll think of something
Old 07-10-2005, 03:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Working is the only aspect of life that I am barely functional in, and I hate the type of work I do....If it were not for work, I would never leave the house or socialize....Other than work, I have no energy, motivation, interest, or confidence...Right now, I don't even seem to have the energy to want to change....

Everytown is a movement of Americans working together to end gun violence and build safer communities. Gun violence touches every town in America. For too long, change has been thwarted by the Washington gun lobby and by leaders who refuse to take common-sense steps that will save lives.

http://everytown.org/who-we-are/
WinterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

WinterDave.......I can empathize with what you wrote.......How do you find the energy to get up and go to a job that you're not so crazy about? I've found when I'm feeling like this it's almost impossible........It's as if time stands still.
Bon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanHermit
If it weren't for work I couldn't pull myself together to do anything.

No matter how hard I try, I fail to see a reason for doing almost anything.
Me either.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterDave
Working is the only aspect of life that I am barely functional in, and I hate the type of work I do....If it were not for work, I would never leave the house or socialize....Other than work, I have no energy, motivation, interest, or confidence...Right now, I don't even seem to have the energy to want to change....
:dito

Thats how i feel most of the time.
missnat84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm in the exact same boat.
ShyViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

I identify with both German Hermit & WinterDave in that, when I was working, that was the singular thing that kept me going, made me get out of the house, in essense, gave me purpose. Now that I'm home with the kids, I feel pretty useless, a maid & cook, not much else. At least when I was working, I was making my own money & was able to do things on my own. Now, I have to look on a calendar to see what day it is because I tend to lose track of the days anymore.

~Def Leppard~
leppardess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

I go to work because it's part of the routine, a change of pace, and something to do....If I am going to be bored and miserable, I might as well do it at work and get paid for it....I just sit around doing nothing on my days off anyway, I might as well go into work and get paid overtime if I can.....

Everytown is a movement of Americans working together to end gun violence and build safer communities. Gun violence touches every town in America. For too long, change has been thwarted by the Washington gun lobby and by leaders who refuse to take common-sense steps that will save lives.

http://everytown.org/who-we-are/
WinterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

I feel the same way. I feel so empty inside, I don't know what to do with my life or where to go from here. I just keep hoping something will just happen, but I know that's not realistic.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Ding ding! here too.

Also unemployed right now, and I feel so ill-matched to any of the available jobs to me. It's depressing just thinking about a possible job, because they're so not me!
My bf's been getting on my case about it though, and I know I should just take something...
But he just doesn't get how hard it is for me!

Then I know the best option is to start going back to school, but I can't decide what to study, and I just keep going around in circles thinking about what to do with my life! Arrrrrggggghhhh!
Old 07-17-2005, 01:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'm depressed, too. So many things have been going wrong (lost my best friend/former boyfriend-only person I really spent time with outside of work- after he said some rotten things, didn't get promotion-apparently mainly for sa reasons, don't have energy to cook and even when I do, can't seem to make myself eat as I have no appetite, etc). I don't have a support system around me to say it's not that bad, etc. I don't feel comfortable letting acquaintances know me on a deep enough level to help me. I don't have the energy it takes to pull myself out of this. I feel stuck. I am trying to look at this like I am temporarily experiencing pain, because without going through it I can't get to something better.

Soon I'll be I can feel it.
Yeah.

Hope you feel better soon.
brokenlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

I feel depressed too. Everything I do takes a lot of effort. I don't want to do anything, but just sitting in front of the computer and TV are driving my crazy! I'm too scared to actually go out and get a job and be alone in life, so I just sit here miserable, trying to force myself to do the things I need to do. I can't become interested in anything. Just the thought of a job and having to go into work every single day for so many hrs. just depresses me even more, especially when there aren't any jobs available that I'd like even the slightest.
Like someone else said, I just keep sitting here, waiting for something to happen, even though I know nothing's going to happen unless I make it happen.
Due to all of this keeping me from being able to get a job, I don't have any medical coverage, so I can't afford to see a doctor. I just don't know what to do; I feel completely stuck. And, to top it all off, I don't have anyone to support me in this. My step-dad just tells me to go out and get a job and my mom just says to not let it bother you and go on. But, they have no idea how difficult this is. It's not as simple as just go out and do things. That's extremely difficult. They'll tease me about it and joke around with my fears (like watching a scary movie turned up loud where I can hear it in my room at night) and that just makes things more difficult by adding more anxiety.
I just wish I knew what to do to get out of this downward spiral that is my life right now!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

If it weren't for my therapist appointment today I don't think I coulda pulled myself out of bed, too depressed.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Note: majority of typos are from posting on my phone
Noca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebfancy
Just the thought of a job and having to go into work every single day for so many hrs. just depresses me even more, especially when there aren't any jobs available that I'd like even the slightest.
I totally agree Rebfancy. Sometimes I think maybe I'm just being a big baby; everyone has to work, right? Other people get over it, why can't I?

It's just the combination of having to force myself thru my SA to go job hunting, and then not being particulary excited about any of the jobs available to me REALLY makes me wish I never had to work again. I'm 24 and I'm ready to retire!!!
What kind of life is one where you have to go waste a huge chunk of every day doing something you hate?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa
Ding ding! here too.

Also unemployed right now, and I feel so ill-matched to any of the available jobs to me.

Then I know the best option is to start going back to school, but I can't decide what to study, and I just keep going around in circles thinking about what to do with my life! Arrrrrggggghhhh!

:dito This sounds just like me. I've been out of work for at least 3 months now. It's strange, when I working, I complained because I hated working. And I don't even go to school anymore because I'm not sure what I wanna do with my life either. It's so frustrating.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Default to depressed to go anywhere

Wow at least I'm not the only one. I got laid off 2 months ago and have done nothing but watch movies and waste time on my computer. I guess work was the only thing I had going for me. My friend helped me get a job that I start this monday and now the anxiety begins. At least If i can handle the new job it will be better than being alone at home focusing on my S/A.
couger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

ive dont that same thing al summer.... jus eat sleep, watch movies and be on the computer and i feel sooo down, i hate it

http://www.myspace.com/lacey_
bloodywrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #19 (permalink)

It's been hard for me to find the energy to go out. Depression has really hit me heavy this summer. I am not sure if it's because I was so busy with school and work that I am just crashing down from all it during the summer. But at least I have a job, even though I go out very little on my days off. I really feel for you, not having a job. I was unemployed for almost a year and it's sucks but hang in there.
gemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Yep, this is definitely the way I've felt for the past couple years. I lack motivation to do practically anything. A lot of days it's just hard to get out of bed, because I know that my day will basically consist of going online or watching TV, because I have no desire to do anything else. Sometimes I truly wonder if I really want to get better...