Self conscious about eating - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Self conscious about eating

So basically my anxiety with eating around people has worsened, it started when I was 15 when people kept telling me I would get fat (just because I was having a roll for my lunch) and now its horrible. I can't eat around friends, and definitely not around strangers. And now it's at the point where I can't eat around my family for dinner, I feel far too uncomfortable, I just keep walking out usually because I get too stressed. And my Mother isn't understanding at all, she just tells me that I'm looking for an excuse to eat food in my room. This isn't the case I just cannot handle eating around anyone, and now that its worsened I can't eat around my family, but they don't understand.

Anyone else have these problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 11:19 AM
SAS Member

Same here. I can eat fine when there's just a few family members, but when it's in a place with a bunch of people I feel like I can't swallow or breathe and I get nervous. I eat alone in my room most of the time.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 02:02 PM
Middle name Eccentric

My Mood: Pensive
Not exactly but i know what it's like to be EXTREMELY self conscious and self Aware. I can't wear shorts because I have really skinny ankles and as a result of people telling me i was to skinny growing up. I think you need to work on self acceptance and learn to be comfortable with your weight. If someone tells me something about my physical appearance it doesn't bother me because im at a weight now that I feel good in. This issue most definitely has to do with your self esteem and self acceptance. Until you feel comfortable in your own skin you'll continue to be scared of very specific judgement. Accept the way you look or become comfortable with the way you look and you won't be scared of people telling you ****.

You can't talk yourself out of feeling fear, you can only face fear.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page