X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Secondary Disorders

Old 03-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: pee shy....public restrooms or even at home...

On to concentrate on bright things Stuck around in hopes to help, didnt seem like there was much left I could do anymore ... good luck and comfort to those who are on their own path and hope for those yet to take their first step! Much Love
yeah_yeah_yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah_yeah_yeah

LoL, yeah that about sums it up!
Motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

I used to have a terrible problem with this. In the past, I even had trouble pissing at home! In fact, I'm still pretty pee shy, but I can generally use public toilets just fine (as long as nobody else is there).

One trick that works great for me: I start reading a book, or a magazine, or anything that diverts my attention (e.g. toothpaste tube, cellphone, food wrapper), and I almost always manage.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

Yeah I wish that was the case for me. If there is anyone in the bathroom forget it. Funny thing is that I really don't care, even if you were standing right behind me I still don't care. If I have to go, I want to go, but for some reason I just can't when others are present. Its VERY frustrating, I wish there was a magic pill to fix it or something.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

Last monday I had to piss if front of my probation officer and literally took me about five minutes. It sucks, after a while my knees starting shaking and I would come so close and get satisfied then its gone. Ha, I noticed how funny it was after a while and started to make a joke but he was a dousche.
reyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #26 (permalink)

Sometimes I'll get that way if family members are in listening distance to my peeing, lol. I also have a hard time taking a dump when other people are in listening distance, cause I'm afraid of embarrassment from the noise my gasses make, lol.
shyvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

I hate using the urinals when someone is standing next to me. I have had guys look at my member before and in one case had to tell a guy to keep his eyes on his own junk. I even had an old guy spy on me once when I was going #2 in a stall. I always try to wait till I am home.
SebFontain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #28 (permalink)

i'm still pee shy

I don't think i've ever been able to go pee beside someone in a urinal... I think if my mind was totally out of the situation of being in that bathroom and that person beside me then I could pee no problem because I think thats what most people have is they are somewhere else mentally thinking about dinner with their bf/gf or some problems

So its all good, its just a bit of a hassle for sure in some situations but I can live with it lol

This is kinda funny on the pee related matter -> VIDEO -> http://www.uncensoredinterview.com/vlog ... Soundtrack
and look in between your moments
theres something good happening
its good to sometimes
slow it down

get your head out from those mags
and websites who try to
shape your style
take a risk just for yourself
and wade into the deep end of the ocean

- Panda
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

Anyone know of medication that helps with this? I'd like to get a handle on this condition.. its ruining my life. Studies show there is only 2% of people with this condition actually fully recover. I would be happy if I could get at least half way there. I can't chance a travel anywhere. This sucks, and there is no reason for it.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoman
Anyone know of medication that helps with this? I'd like to get a handle on this condition.. its ruining my life. Studies show there is only 2% of people with this condition actually fully recover. I would be happy if I could get at least half way there. I can't chance a travel anywhere. This sucks, and there is no reason for it.
What type of transportation? Planes its single style bathroom and usually for me anyway the loud sounds of the engine drown out sounds of people or at least Im not overally focused about how my actions lol in there are audible to others

Buses and traveling with family/friends are usually met with stopping at gas stations and their bathrooms are mostly single bathrooms and if they aren't i usually use stalls and flush toilet to drown out sounds then pee...

I mean it seems so weird when I think about talking about this but its just the norm now i guess for me, when this was first a problem for me I'd get really angry and upset with myself because I was thinking how abnormal this was and nobody else had problems with it but I mean i could feel like **** about myself for such a small problem but i'd rather not......
its good to sometimes
slow it down

and websites who try to
shape your style

- Panda
Old 03-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

If I am relaxed, and the bathroom is private enough I can usually go. If its a public washroom and nobody is using, I sometimes can go.. but only if I am relaxed. Sometimes it takes a few separate attempts. Where the problem starts is I anticipate not being able to go, then it messes up my thought and I cant go. no matter what.

I can't use a stall, because I worry that people will judge me for it.. Like " why is that guy standing in the stall doing nothing?" "Real men don't use stalls" and such. I could sit down so it would appear normal for me to be in there then.. but I have a phobia about sitting on dirty public toilets.

I though I made good progress for awhile. I would be confident and relaxed and be able to go. Now its going backwards again. Now everytime I can't go, it takes away confidence.. which seems to be the root of the problem. I need to fix this problem... maybe medication would help?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoman
If I am relaxed, and the bathroom is private enough I can usually go. If its a public washroom and nobody is using, I sometimes can go.. but only if I am relaxed. Sometimes it takes a few separate attempts. Where the problem starts is I anticipate not being able to go, then it messes up my thought and I cant go. no matter what.

I can't use a stall, because I worry that people will judge me for it.. Like " why is that guy standing in the stall doing nothing?" "Real men don't use stalls" and such. I could sit down so it would appear normal for me to be in there then.. but I have a phobia about sitting on dirty public toilets.

I though I made good progress for awhile. I would be confident and relaxed and be able to go. Now its going backwards again. Now everytime I can't go, it takes away confidence.. which seems to be the root of the problem. I need to fix this problem... maybe medication would help?
I can relate to the standing in the stall with similar thoughts like that...In college, I'd be in the public bathroom stall and i'd hear someone enter the public washroom and what crossed my thoughts was this guy saw these legs/shoes facing towards the urinal to go pee and they immediately left (and they did leave) so those awkward feelings of what i'm doing to make the situation strange are present...but I do things a bit different to make myself comfortable and I'm going to pee in the stall if it makes me more comfortable so sorry buddy if that makes the situation strange but I gotta go or my reasoning for why they left in the first place isn't the case anyway so why trouble myself over it

I've also had these thoughts of moving backwards instead of moving forward and it sucks, i guess if you don't look at what you're going through as some chart of up/down or a mountain of progress then that "game" of where am I now in my progress dissipates and its just you living and there's no better or worse, up or down, where i should be and where I shouldn't...not sure if that makes any sense
its good to sometimes
slow it down

and websites who try to
shape your style

- Panda
Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #33 (permalink)

Missed you halcyon you are the dude
On to concentrate on bright things Stuck around in hopes to help, didnt seem like there was much left I could do anymore ... good luck and comfort to those who are on their own path and hope for those yet to take their first step! Much Love
yeah_yeah_yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:10 PM   #34 (permalink)

I just thought of this.. what about wearing an mp3 player into the public washroom? Might seem a little strange, but it would take care of any distractions. Maybe worth a shot
Old 04-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #35 (permalink)

I hate peeing in public. If there are people in the restroom, I will go to a stall. It may take a minute or more. I also have a tough time peeing at home. I heard everything from having an enlarged prostate to the meds.
BeachGaBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

I just use music like put in some headphones and look up at a wall so its like im not there or something, but still when i know someone walks in my bladder is like "uh can't do it boss, someone's here"
Ace1560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #37 (permalink)

I'm extremely pee shy. In grade school, I would hold it in until I came home! I never have problems with that when I'm home. Even now, if I'm in the bathroom and there's people in the other stalls, I can't go until they all leave. It seems so easy for everyone else. I always feel like the only one. The only time I don't have a problem is when I'm drunk. I sometimes wonder if that's why I'm a bit of a urophiliac. It's very twisted!

Think for yourself. Question authority.
venusfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #38 (permalink)

One tip I found is to basically cover my ears by pushing a flap on my ear into the earhole. If I can barely hear me or the other person I can usually pee. Waiting for the other person to flush can work although sometimes it is really fast.
I hate people who use their mobile when you are in the toilet-what must the other person think! That is grim...
shychick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #39 (permalink)

Chances are no one's really paying much attention to you tinkling, but here's what I do when pee shyness strikes: I flush the toilet then go
Sierra83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #40 (permalink)

Yup. Most embarassing thing ever. There's no good way to explain to your date, for example, that you spent the last five minutes in the restroom at the bar because you need to reach a state of absolute zen in order to take a tinkle. My last girlfriend actually thought I was calling other women from the bathroom. The one before that thought I was doing drugs in there

During freshman year of college I once went three days without being able to pee. Now that was scary!

Of course, getting drunk usually solves this problem...
sanspants08 is offline   Reply With Quote