X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Secondary Disorders

Old 04-13-2011, 04:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hormones

Do you use hormonal birth control and have you ever considered its effect on your mood and your SA? I came off it and felt loads better, stopped feeling like I might kill everyone and crying for no reason at silly things. It did'nt help the SA much but now I'm recovering from all the awful moods and severe depression, I can focus more fully on controlling my SA. I only ask because it caused me no end of problems, and I didn't even realise what was doing it until I stopped it. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced that.
Anemone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

I was on birth control (cant remember which one, something beginning with an M) for a couple of months last year, it made me SO ill physically and mentally.
I think that hormones DEFINITELY do affect moods and when doctors are prescribing the Pill etc for people they don't take into account that.
rainbowOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

yes!!! I hate hormonal birth control. I went through 4 different kinds that all gave me horrible side effects..."permanent PMS" is an apt description. not fun! I hate that doctors don't really warn you about all that when they prescribe it. it took me a lot of misery and internet research to finally realize my birth control was causing it. it's really irresponsible of them, if you ask me.
BKrakow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Only problem then is what to use instead lol. I'm thinking of getting a persona monitor thingie. But it is soooo not worth the mental pain. I had implanon in my arm twice, so six years in total. When I think back to how much better I could have handled the events in my life in those six years I SEETH with anger. I went back to the doctors loads and said I thought it might be causing me problems but because of my SA I let them palm me off with excuses. All my research was telling me otherwise so eventually I flipped out at them and said I would get it out myself with a razor and they took it out. Thank god *shudder*
Anemone is offline   Reply With Quote