Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Secondary Disorders (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f33/)
-   -   Can't stop using drugs (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f33/cant-stop-using-drugs-19876/)

soundsgood 01-12-2007 01:09 AM

Can't stop using drugs
 
It's a bit of a problem. I love using drugs - they ley me drop my worries about the world and enjoy myself, i connect to people better and can talk for hours to anyone without feeling the least bit uncomfortable. It's such a chilled break from my usual self-conscious, worried, stressed-out self. It's like drugs are a total crutch for me. Can be a very bad habit. Eh.

Anyone relate?

Razorblade Kiss 01-12-2007 02:54 AM

re: Can't stop using drugs
 
What kind of drugs?

Shauna 01-12-2007 09:18 PM

I was thinking about geting into drugs again, but i changed my mind when i realized how stupid that would be. I'm already a sad case, drugs would only make me even more messed up. That would only add to my problems. I have a pisces moon soo i get addicted to things pretty easily. Drugs are nothing but trouble and heartache. I'm still paying the price for smoking a joint 2 years ago. I can't even drive a car untill i pay an $100 fee. I got a controlled substance Violation. Sucks.

I've seen the affects that drugs have on people. My father has been using cocaine for as long as i can remember. Thats all he ever cared about. He put drugs before his family and i still hate him for that. He has lost several jobs due to failing drugs tests. He had a good furture ahead of him untill he got hooked on drugs. Now he is a 47 year old man, working low paying temp jobs just to get by. He blew all of his savings on drugs and its sad. He doesn't have a home or anything. His ex wife is taking care of him untill he gets back on his feet. My biggest fear in life is ending up just like him AND my mother.

Drugs are no good. Soundsgood..you need to seek help before you fall deeper into that mess. On top of your anxiety(i think you have anxiety)...that will be another thing you will have to overcome and it won't be easy. If you smoke weed...you better be careful because somebody can slip cocaine in your blunt..joint(however you smoke it)...and before you know it..you're a crackhead.

Eimaj 01-12-2007 09:38 PM

Stay away from drugs.


However, don't let this stop you from smoking marijuana:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauna
If you smoke weed...you better be careful because somebody can slip cocaine in your blunt..joint(however you smoke it)...and before you know it..you're a crackhead.

That is one of the silliest things I have ever heard, no offense.

Eimaj 01-12-2007 09:44 PM

re: Can't stop using drugs
 
soundsgood what drugs are you talking about? Ecstasy, opiates, cocaine, amphetamines? They all make you feel good but they all can lead to addiction and become very destructive habits in your life. Although they exist, I don't know any responsible regular users of these drugs.

millenniumman75 01-12-2007 10:05 PM

SoundsGood,

You have made complete sense while here. I hope you weren't under any kind of influence.
It is a method of escapism. The thing is, the problems don't go away. They are still there, along with the coping mechanism you just picked up. Soon, the quantity need to escape increases, and then a hospital stay for overdosing. Not cool :no.
You are afraid of letting people see who you are (we all are). The thing is, everybody has their faults. A LOT of people would want to get to know you! You are too worried to see it :(.

jms42 01-13-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eimaj
Stay away from drugs.


However, don't let this stop you from smoking marijuana:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauna
If you smoke weed...you better be careful because somebody can slip cocaine in your blunt..joint(however you smoke it)...and before you know it..you're a crackhead.

That is one of the silliest things I have ever heard, no offense.

well actually around here people do that but only for themselves most dont go offering it to other people.

nubly 01-13-2007 01:25 PM

re: Can't stop using drugs
 
"i dont like the drugs but the drugs like me"

ThirdEyeGrind 01-13-2007 02:24 PM

re: Can't stop using drugs
 
SWIM = someone who isn't me

SWIM has been doing alot of drugs lately also. Mostly Ketamine/pot/cocaine. I totally understand what the thread starter was talking about when he said, you can just relax and be yourself around others on drugs. In the long run though, SWIM will probly regret doing any of them.

D.B. Cooper 01-13-2007 02:38 PM

re: Can't stop using drugs
 
I'd like to spit on potheads who think they dont use a drug and bad mouth other drugs/drug users.

instil 01-13-2007 04:31 PM

Re: re: Can't stop using drugs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilEthereal
In the long run though, SWIM will probly regret doing any of them.

without a doubt. It's just a matter of how long it takes before things get out of hand and the walls start crumbling down around you.

Optimistic 01-14-2007 07:12 AM

re: Can't stop using drugs
 
Suffice it to say, you have to be careful with drugs, illegal or legal.

instil 01-14-2007 07:58 AM

Re: re: Can't stop using drugs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimistic
Suffice it to say, you have to be careful with drugs, illegal or legal.

Agreed, but still, some things dont need to be experimented with. Leave it alone and you'll be better off.

millenniumman75 01-14-2007 01:04 PM

Re: re: Can't stop using drugs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper
I'd like to spit on potheads who think they dont use a drug and bad mouth other drugs/drug users.

I am not a pothead :no. I don't bad mouth other people. I see people who use drugs as hurting and have no one they can trust out of fear of judgment! :yes

scotthallkevinnash 01-14-2007 05:55 PM

Re: re: Can't stop using drugs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper
I'd like to spit on potheads who think they dont use a drug and bad mouth other drugs/drug users.

Obviously pot is a drug, however there is a certain amount of stigma attached to marijuana use and reffering to a pot smoker as "drug user" is highly derrogatory. So I like to think of pot as more of a plant then a drug.

instil 01-14-2007 08:34 PM

Re: re: Can't stop using drugs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by millenniumman75
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper
I'd like to spit on potheads who think they dont use a drug and bad mouth other drugs/drug users.

I am not a pothead :no. I don't bad mouth other people. I see people who use drugs as hurting and have no one they can trust out of fear of judgment! :yes

Was he even talking to you? I dont think he was, seriously. What makes you think he was referring to you? I re-read the replies and i'm pretty sure he wasnt taking a shot at you.

instil 01-14-2007 08:43 PM

Re: re: Can't stop using drugs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scotthallkevinnash
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper
I'd like to spit on potheads who think they dont use a drug and bad mouth other drugs/drug users.

Obviously pot is a drug, however there is a certain amount of stigma attached to marijuana use and reffering to a pot smoker as "drug user" is highly derrogatory. So I like to think of pot as more of a plant then a drug.

i dunno. thats a real thin argument you have there. i mean, i understand your point completely...but if weed isnt a 'drug', and legally speaking it IS a 'drug'...whose to say THEY are right?

I like steak, but its wrong and a sin to eat a cow to an Indian. Im no more right than he is. (phewwwww, that comparison may have been a bit of a stretch... i blame the time...its 11:50)

Inturmal 01-14-2007 10:01 PM

Re: re: Can't stop using drugs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by millenniumman75
I see people who use drugs as hurting and have no one they can trust out of fear of judgment! :yes

I think your concern is misguided. Using drugs does not by itself mean that someone is hurting, or trying to escape, etc.

But, yes, there are people who develop a drug problem if they use it as a crutch, but that's a seperate issue from merely using a drug just for the hell of it (hanging out, relaxing, etc).

Mehitabel 01-15-2007 10:22 AM

Re: re: Can't stop using drugs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scotthallkevinnash
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper
I'd like to spit on potheads who think they dont use a drug and bad mouth other drugs/drug users.

Obviously pot is a drug, however there is a certain amount of stigma attached to marijuana use and reffering to a pot smoker as "drug user" is highly derrogatory. So I like to think of pot as more of a plant then a drug.

I agree with D.B.
It's true that pot isn't as bad as some other illegal drugs people could be using, but if you use pot, you ARE a drug user. Pot has THC, THC is a chemical taken for "non dietary needs". Therefore, it's a drug. That's not an arguable fact.
There is a difference beetween using pot and being a pothead... I figure you're only a pothead if you use it regularly.
Not excuse my while I shudder and go take a shower. God I hate pot.

AdamCanada 01-15-2007 10:52 AM

when people say its not a drug they don't mean literally. it has nothing to do with facts its just a perception. That my perception to, its nothing compared to other drugs.


theres chemicals in cigarettes to


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.