Women desperate to get pregnant offering to sleep with sperm donors - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Controversial Discussion > Society & Culture

View Poll Results: How does this article make you feel?
Supportive 4 6.90%
Offended 2 3.45%
Aroused 9 15.52%
Morally Outraged 7 12.07%
Intrigued (You want to try it) 6 10.34%
Indifferent 22 37.93%
Other 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Women desperate to get pregnant offering to sleep with sperm donors

Women are turning to sperm donor websites where men offer 'natural insemination' (sex). Apparently this offers a better chance of becoming pregnant without all the costs of artificial insemination.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-li...e-baby-1862462

I wonder how many guys here would go for something like this. What if they changed the law so that there's no risk of child support and there was an agency handling all of the meetings which tested the woman for STDs?

Fun way to earn some cash or is it gross and weird?
arnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Relevant:

Genesis 16:1-3

Hagar and Ishmael

16 Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian slave named Hagar; 2 so she said to Abram, “The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.”
Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well, at least the woman can get child support that way. And she can find out what sort of personality the guy has. Having a kid without ever meeting the father is sort of creepy cause you can only know so much from pics and a profile. That one woman should have chosen a younger father though (35 is a bit old). Babies of older fathers are more likely to have a number of birth defects.
komorikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

If the woman is already in a relationship then I suppose it becomes more complex, due to the direct intimate contact with the donor. Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with it.
andy0128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Meh as long as they aren't screwed into paying child support.
#1 Reason Winter is better, No spiders.
Monotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie View Post
Women are turning to sperm donor websites where men offer 'natural insemination' (sex). Apparently this offers a better chance of becoming pregnant without all the costs of artificial insemination.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-li...e-baby-1862462
I don't think the parties involve (namely, the men) understand that they end up being responsible for the children if later the woman decides to demand child support.
VanGogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotony View Post
Meh as long as they aren't screwed into paying child support.
There was a recent case in the US where a man who gave up his sperm in this way became legally responsible for child support. The lesbian couple that used his "services" ended up going broke and used the courts to extract money from him.
VanGogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGogh View Post
There was a recent case in the US where a man who gave up his sperm in this way became legally responsible for child support. The lesbian couple that used his "services" ended up going broke and used the courts to extract money from him.
Yep it was ridiculous.
#1 Reason Winter is better, No spiders.
Monotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
This didn't sound possible to me, so I looked it up and found out that it was the state that was suing the pants out of the man, mainly because it refuses to acknowledge gay marriages and wouldn't recognize the financial role of the other mother.

Nice misrepresentation of the case, though. I'll bet it'll go down in history as another McDonald's-hot-coffee lawsuit.
ohgodits2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Well, at least the woman can get child support that way. And she can find out what sort of personality the guy has. Having a kid without ever meeting the father is sort of creepy cause you can only know so much from pics and a profile. That one woman should have chosen a younger father though (35 is a bit old). Babies of older fathers are more likely to have a number of birth defects.
I think you have that upside down. Women greater then 35 have birth defects
Old 05-24-2013, 04:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan View Post
I think you have that upside down. Women greater then 35 have birth defects
Both.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paternal_age_effect
komorikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

This article makes me feel amused for some reason.
Albert Einstein
Nono441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #13 (permalink)

It's probably not a good idea for men to do this due to the legal ramifications in regards to child support. At least with sperm donation centres, you probably have documentation which provides you with legal cover.
Soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
It's probably not a good idea for men to do this due to the legal ramifications in regards to child support. At least with sperm donation centres, you probably have documentation which provides you with legal cover.
This basically.

Don't give crazy a baby (well, not through natural means anyway)
therefore do not rouse me. Hush! Speak low.

Paper Samurai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednosereindeer View Post
This didn't sound possible to me, so I looked it up and found out that it was the state that was suing the pants out of the man, mainly because it refuses to acknowledge gay marriages and wouldn't recognize the financial role of the other mother.

Nice misrepresentation of the case, though. I'll bet it'll go down in history as another McDonald's-hot-coffee lawsuit.
Wonderful as always, rednosereindeer. It's nice how often people take anecdotes like this and use them to bolster their own arguments without considering, you know, facts and whatever.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #16 (permalink)

I actually joined a sperm donor site a while ago when I heard this happens, it'd be a good way to lose your virginity if you can't get laid! I'm not sure I could really go through with it, if someone actually contacted me though.
Fenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #17 (permalink)

wHAT IS ADOPTION?
Old 05-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think the parties involve (namely, the men) understand that they end up being responsible for the children if later the woman decides to demand child support.
Quote:
In that case, the lesbian couple didn't want his child support. It was the state that asked for the name of the father in the hospital and when they gave it, then the mechanics of government went to work collecting child support. The women protested that they DID NOT WANT child support, but it doesn't matter. The state gets federal funds for each dollar of child support it collects. (1)

Ejaculation is a lot like a strict liability crime. It doesn't matter what the circumstances were. It doesn't matter if you have a notarized legal document with the mother that it's just for insemination and you don't want to pay child support. It doesn't matter if the sperm is literally stolen from a sperm bank without the man's consent. (2) or if she takes the condom out of the trash and impregnates herself with it. It doesn't matter if the women drugs the man and rapes him or finds some other way to steal his sperm. It doesn't matter if the women is in her 30s and has sex with a 15 year old (statutory rape). (3)

If any woman anywhere manages to get pregnant with a man's sperm, then that man is 100% liable for child support.

1. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2395412.html

2. http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-accuses...8#.UZ-JI3dmEnE

3. http://www.lawlink.com/research/caselevel3/74059
Old 05-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #19 (permalink)

There is to many risk involved in doing this yourself, how can you be sure the person involved is truthful? I'm indifferent, its whatever they want to do. The man would be held liable for the child though.

As for the thing a few months ago, The lesbian couple broke up, the one with the child received help from the government. Since they did not go through a physician or doctor for the artificial inseminiation the man was liable, they did it themselves. So the government went after him because he did not go through the proper procedures and the child is considered his.
If the women did not get aid from the government then none of this would have happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie View Post
If any woman anywhere manages to get pregnant with a man's sperm, then that man is 100% liable for child support.
Quote:
Kansas Supreme Court ruled in October 2007 that a sperm donor who works through a licensed physician can't legally be considered a child's father – and doesn't have the right to visit the child or have a role in its upbringing – absent a formal, written agreement. But the case involved a sperm donor who was seeking access to a child but had only an informal, unwritten agreement with the child's mother.
Nope, they have laws in place where the sperm donor can not be held liable for the child. Thats if you go through a doctor.
Jig210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

Probably wouldn't do it myself but I'm fine with it, people can do whatever they want in regards to this sort of thing as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps they should come up with a contract first absolving the guy from any involvement with the child (unless he wants to be involved and the woman is OK with that of course.)
But what's normal now anyhow?

Persephone The Dread is offline   Reply With Quote