Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Zoloft day 47 - still nothing -.-

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Sweeto 
#1 ·
First 7 days 25mg
Then 35 days on 50mg
Last 5 days on 75mg

First 3 weeks, even a month was hell!
I was so dizzy I couln't walk, drive my bike, or any social activity.
Then it started to ease up a bit, but I still felt worse then before I began :S

So I did as the doc said and upped to 75mg, the first 2 days were actually OK, but just OK!!
Today, at day 5 I feel sick again as I've felt a bit yesterday too... So what the **** is with this medicine? I had not even one tiny little benefit from it, and am thinking to quit it and take only benzos for a while, since I suffer only anxiety, and very very mild depression rarely.

And don't tell me I gotta wait or up the dose even more, 'cause I don't wanna try this **** and lose a year of my life waiting for something that may not even happen.

Peace friends! :)

#2 ·
All it sertraline did for me was give me a huge right arm from all that trying to knock one out to no avail !! I was on it for a while and got nothing, I quit cold turkey and got nothing !!

Problem is the doc will just try to give you the same **** with a different name. I agree with you, dont waste any more time, if you have anxiety then get Benzo's.

#6 ·
I say we knock up the dosage a bit, take that for six weeks and let me know you feel then. If after six weeks, you don't still feel better, we'll try you on a different SSRI. It will take a few years of tweaking and trying them all out since there are quite a few. This is, unfortunately, a patience game. What works for one patient might not work for another. If after a few years, we still can't find an appropriate SSRI for you, we'll move on to the SNRIs. We need you to sit tight and be patient.

#8 ·
I had those **** brain zaps or what, but it felt like i get weakened for a second like a fainty sensation where i lose control over my body for a second, and then everything cool. Nothing shocking and no electricity like others said... I'm a bit depressed again and anxious like before... but I CAN ****ING DRINK BEER which I missed so much, that I was hungover and it didn't last for a long period next day, coz I'm so happy I can drink again :D

I think I'll become a benzo addict and live like that.. :D **** SSRI's! Sulpiride worked ok for me, but made me tired too... I need something to get rid of this fukin tiredness... And Zoloft did **** for that either...

#10 ·
Actually studies have shown that SSRIs and placebo have the same success in treatment.

I've tried all ssris on the market. I've tried them for at least 3 months each and increased each one to maximum dosage, so I took them by the book.

Only sertraline worked for me for like a year or so by slightly alleviating my depression. Slightly. After that year it stopped working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.