Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Your Parnate Dosage?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  watertouch 
#1 ·
Hi - I'm in the UK...Previously been on Nardil (90 mg)....I'm hearing that the therapeutic dose for Parnate is above 60 mg. Here in the UK it looks like 60 mg is the maximum prescribing dose....Any views on their satisfactory dose of Parnate...?

#2 ·
There are some studies, some even suggest higher doses cause less side effects eg 60-120mg...
One should probably start with less, accourding to Dr.Gillman wich have use MAOI on some 2000patients, only about 2% respond to Parnate doses lower then 30mg...

So 30mg is probably the minimum...

Parnate doses higher then 60mg is mentioned in the litterature and on pubmed n such...

Heres is from the latest textbook from "Massachusetts General Hospital Comprehensive Clinical Psychiatry"
it mentions doses 90-170mg Parnate, for patients that doesn't respond to lower doses.

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies - much appreciated...I've got a lot of info from Dr.Gillman's pages...I'll take them with me to my appointment. It always pays to show the p-docs that you know what your talking about. The one I'm seeing is older than me. Always a good sign.
To be honest most of the psych's at the docs I've dealt with over the years are no more than glorified pharmacists...I could do their job as they look through the pharmacy book looking for a med....I know them all and been on a majority....
"Have you tried Quietepine, It's very good" asked the fresh-faced junior doctor straight out of med school.
"Yes I have they're horrible - have you tried them?" he replied. "Didn't think so."

#5 ·
^Hehe yeah im on Quetiapine, use it for sleep.
(they should let the Drs try these psychmeds).

It's actually better then the old med i had, Theralen wich "is so "smooth'" one can give it to children" :grin2::mum
Of course its warning in other countries about prescribing it, it causes NMS, movement dissorders and yeah, works great for sleep, one sleeps atleast 12hours...

Here is a link from neiglobal.com both Dr. Stahl n Gillman answers some question about MAOI... Might be interesting
http://www.neiglobal.com/Activities/2012CurbConsultPosted/tabid/328/Default.aspx

Ps. You avatar, is it a clockwork orange? ds....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.