Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Like Tree2 Liked Posts

Old 05-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default xanax and coffee?

I know that for anxiety caffeine is not recommended, but I just find that this "cocktail" if you will is the tits in the morning for feeling relaxed, but motivated. BTW, I don't like SSRI's and coffee also has a number of health benefits (sux that it stains the pearly whites tho). Anyone else do this?
deadphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Never thought of it. But I can see where it would be effective. Alot of SA people lack motivation to seek social interaction.
Jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

I hate coffee, so if I wanted caffeine I'd just take a pill. 200 mg caffeine pills only cost 3 cents each.
UltraShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think that Xanax and Caffeine and Cannabis is tits. If I can ask, where did you get the term tits? I actually invented the term as far as I know and I am trying to get it to catch on in the American lexicon.

I dont drink that coffee but I like the Green Tea and the Green Soda's. They are definately tits along with Xanax cause you feel like doin' stuff and your also motivated to do it.
DontTrustheGov't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Xanax + coffee was a somewhat effective combination, but if you're taking Xanax every day, well, enjoy it while it lasts because you're in for depressing times when you have to stop.

For a stimulant + depressant cocktail, I would choose kava + dextroamphetamine (or similar PEA). Kava's NRI properties would block the NA release from dexamp, and kava's MAO-B-inhibitory effect would potentiate the dexamp, meaning a much lower dose is required. Plus, MAO-B inhibitors are neuroprotective. The result would be extremely euphoric, yet calming. Probably bordering on psychotic too, so a glycinergic and cholinergic would be required.
euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Will someone tell this brit that we are not afraid of benzos here in the US? I am under the care of a Harvard educated pdoc who has no problem prescribing xanax for the rest of my life. I'm sorry your country is so paranoid.
Desolationstate likes this.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTrustheGov't View Post
I think that Xanax and Caffeine and Cannabis is tits. If I can ask, where did you get the term tits? I actually invented the term as far as I know and I am trying to get it to catch on in the American lexicon.

I dont drink that coffee but I like the Green Tea and the Green Soda's. They are definately tits along with Xanax cause you feel like doin' stuff and your also motivated to do it.
"The tits" has been around for decades AFAIK.

Also, I might have to try the caffeine pills, UShy.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadphish View Post
Will someone tell this brit that we are not afraid of benzos here in the US? I am under the care of a Harvard educated pdoc who has no problem prescribing xanax for the rest of my life. I'm sorry your country is so paranoid.
Well you should be. That's the problem with a medical care system based on money; they don't always have your best interests in mind.

The question is, can you afford to buy the likes of 20mg/day scripts of Xanax? If you keep having to up your dose every 6-18 months (which you will), you can quite easily get that high with a lifetime habit. If you have insurance, what if it runs out? You have to have an answer to all these questions if you plan to take them for the remainder of your life, because if you have to stop at any point after such a long time, it will be pure hell.

Also, don't you have any career ambitions? Whatever people say, Xanax DOES affect memory, intelligence and motivation, and pretty severely in high doses (>1.5mg). The people that say they don't get this effect are very much the exceptions. Do you have any plans to offset the cognitive impairment (nootropics, etc.)? Again, more questions that need to be answered in order for lifetime Xanax to be feasible.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

thats my biggest problem, is finding the motivation to live basically...i find caffeine motivates me and gives me energy but also makes me anxious so im not relaxed at all...in the past i have drank alcohol and a nice dose of caffeine makes me feel motivated and relaxed...i just wish i could feel like that without drugs..
belfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria View Post
Well you should be. That's the problem with a medical care system based on money; they don't always have your best interests in mind.

The question is, can you afford to buy the likes of 20mg/day scripts of Xanax? If you keep having to up your dose every 6-18 months (which you will), you can quite easily get that high with a lifetime habit. If you have insurance, what if it runs out? You have to have an answer to all these questions if you plan to take them for the remainder of your life, because if you have to stop at any point after such a long time, it will be pure hell.

Also, don't you have any career ambitions? Whatever people say, Xanax DOES affect memory, intelligence and motivation, and pretty severely in high doses (>1.5mg). The people that say they don't get this effect are very much the exceptions. Do you have any plans to offset the cognitive impairment (nootropics, etc.)? Again, more questions that need to be answered in order for lifetime Xanax to be feasible.
I'll take your comments into consideration, Euph. My career is doing great. Why would you assume my career is suffering? I trust my pdoc w/ a Harvard degree and 40 years practicing to help me make my decisions more than anyone. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts in both my threads.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadphish View Post
My career is doing great. Why would you assume my career is suffering?
I suppose it depends how academic your career is. If you are a career motivational speaker or something, benzos' confidence will help. If you're a university professor, you will notice the IQ points drop.

Good luck I guess. All I know is I've had my time with benzos and they are FAR from the answer to anxiety.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria View Post
I suppose it depends how academic your career is. If you are a career motivational speaker or something, benzos' confidence will help. If you're a university professor, you will notice the IQ points drop.

Good luck I guess. All I know is I've had my time with benzos and they are FAR from the answer to anxiety.
To each is own, but that's what is most recommended around here it seems.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

"Caffeine augments Alprazolam induced cytotoxicity in human cell lines."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...m&ordinalpos=2

Interesting huh?
Wellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

coffee or pure coffeine won't harm your health at all comparing to xanax...

note, that is is almost impossible to find real coffee in USA. even "cuban coffee" in Miami contains much less coffeine than coffee in Cuba on Jamaica.
colba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #15 (permalink)

Hi, coffee with xanax can be a nice trip....if i take 25-50mg of xanax and a coffee in the afternoon.and if i do this i can drink even a little alcohol in the evening and i become very social with other people....but if you drink xanax with alcohol can be very nasty, so beter be careful with the combination...i say if you whant to drink, take the xanax and the coffee and drink alcohol after a few hours (6-8 hours).
But after 3 years of hardcore anxiety, i can say thet the best thing is, if you face your fears, cause thats the point, accept the idea thet you are so strong, thet there is nothing in the world what or who can take this away from you.
And if you do this, you don't need to take medication...Yes i know all the things about the chemicals in the brain, but think about it, there is somethin what makes your chemicals not to do the what they should do.
Sorry for the bad english.
MateK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #16 (permalink)

25-50mg of xanax??
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

hm....hey guys better don't try the coffee xanax cannabis thing....cannabis can be a great anxiolitic but in the same time it can bring you terror....i started to hv. panic problems when i made this combination...after this if i smoke cannabis, the trip is fine but the day after i am very "paranoic", i asked my doctor friend why, and she say thet cannabis has a 1-2 or 3 day anxiolitic effect after the trip, but after thet it makes things more worse (i don't realy know why, she was explaining to me all the things with this brain chemicals, but i don't remember).
Old 03-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
25-50mg of xanax??
a 25-50 mg pill just for relaxing
Old 03-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #19 (permalink)

JohnG : a 25-50mg pill of xanax
Old 03-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

0.25 - 0.50 mg sorry