X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 05-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What to try if Lexapro doesn't work?

I've been on Lexapro for 2 months now and I am still tired all of the time. I feel like I have no energy and by going out to social events, it drains what little energy I do have. Lexapro is literally doing nothing for me. It maybe just may be helping with the anxiety a tiny bit but not that much. I have already tried Prozac and that did not help either. What is the next step for me now? I just want something that will give me energy and make me more outgoing. Also, how hard is it to get a prescription for a beta blocker and are they safe to take everyday?
CrazEdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazEdoctor View Post
I've been on Lexapro for 2 months now and I am still tired all of the time. I feel like I have no energy and by going out to social events, it drains what little energy I do have. Lexapro is literally doing nothing for me. It maybe just may be helping with the anxiety a tiny bit but not that much. I have already tried Prozac and that did not help either. What is the next step for me now? I just want something that will give me energy and make me more outgoing. Also, how hard is it to get a prescription for a beta blocker and are they safe to take everyday?
idk about all the other stuff but i know that when i tried antidepressants they made me feel like a zombie..Ive learned that its not the serotonin thats responsible for being social and happy..i know beacause i was addicted to painkillers for a few years and thats just synthetic endorphins and i just was non-anxious..serotonin just makes you content but kinda zombie-ish..now endorphins are what you need because thats what makes you feel talkative and connect with others etc. and also have a positive outlook on life..I dont have SA anymore due to the fact that i now run and lift weights everyday since that gives you an endorphin rush and you should really consider the supplements tyrosine and DLPA..i have used tyrosine for a while and i cant stress enough how well it works for energy and anxiety and just overal better mood...im about to try DLPA when i order it because THAT DLPA stops endorphins from "destroying themselves" so you feel better all day even 5 days after..tyrosine increases dopamine
SO HERE IT IS
Tyrosine:dopamine
DLPA:endorphin,norepinephrine
and they are natural amino acids
endorphinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

i agree. tyrosine and DLPA (also called phenylalanine) raise the levels of dopamine in your body. dopamine is what makes you feel good and makes you want to go out and do things. if the tyrosine doesnt help, there are many meds that can raise dopamine levels that might work better.

here are some links about them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLPA#D-...-phenylalanine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrosine
michael10364 is offline   Reply With Quote