X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 05-21-2007, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wellbutrin, switching from SR to XL

---
peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Im on 300mgs of SR. As far as I remember there isnt really any difference between SR and XL. It was just the maker of wellbutrin's way to extend there patent. Most side effects go away with time, except sexual and sometimes drowsiness. I still get drowsy from my lex. Wellbutrin is stimulate-like so you shouldnt be drowsy.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Tried carrying the weight of the world, but I only have two hands... So wake me up when I'm older, when I'm wiser and I'm older
Noca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default re: Wellbutrin, switching from SR to XL

---
Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

I take buproprion (generic Wellbutrin) 300mg XL. I had some side effects that didn't start until four weeks into usage. I would feel lightheaded for a couple of hours and it was usually followed by a minor headache. I started taking the meds at night instead of in the morning, and noticed immediately that the side effects seriously diminished. After about two and a half months of usage, I am happy to say Wellbutrin is working really well for me. It seems to keep me focused, energetic, able to maintain a healthy routine of eating right and exercising everyday. It also keeps me from drinking and or smoking regularly, two habits I am glad to be free of. The only side effect I get now is a positive one, and that's that I am horny as all get out... seriously, its getting me in trouble!
Vintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

---
Old 05-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah I take Ambien CR at night as well, should of mentioned that. As I try to ween myself off the Ambien I may start taking the WB in the morning.
Vintz is offline   Reply With Quote