X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 10-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wellbutrin kicked in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was almost going to stop Wellbutrin after 1 month and 3 days. But then I figured, you know what, i may as well give it another few weeks.

So yesterday and today I was feelin' kinda down, but today while I was watching TV, all of a sudden the room felt a lot "brighter" for lack of a better word, and I just felt more light hearted and calm and peaceful. I noticed when I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, i looked a lot better (in my opinion anyway) and I was able to smile a lot more freely. It was like there was less tension in my face.

Even right now as I type this, the room feels so much brighter than before

It's crazy because I swear I was gonna quit it at 33 days. I even made a post about it.

But now, on about day 35 it kicked in!!!!!!!!

And this is probably just the tipping point! I bet it'll get even better from now.

I just feel very calm and peaceful and mellow and happy

Cheers!
peaceandlove09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
MBL

Wow, thats awesome.

I *WISH* I could go on that drug, but my pdoc said no becuase it can cause seizures in people who have had them in the past (although it's been like 5 years since I had one).

Sucks.

HALIFAX, Nova Scotia (Canada)
MBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

wellbutrin is bad for anxiety disorders because it is a stimulant. i was on it for depresssion and fatigue and it increased my anxiety . i just dont get why my doctor prescribed me prozac and wellbutrin when he knew i had anxiety.
zelda123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

OHHH YEEEAAA!! good for you!!..the same thing happened a few weeks after i got on cymbalta which was last week..Im not really badly depressed anymore.....but i still have crippling anxiety.
King Moonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

congrats dude. hopefully it stays that way.
bben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymbalta Eater View Post
OHHH YEEEAAA!! good for you!!..the same thing happened a few weeks after i got on cymbalta which was last week..Im not really badly depressed anymore.....but i still have crippling anxiety.
Thanks man!! Yeah it's awesome! Today i had a great day I hungout with a friend, ate some pizza, enjoyed the lovely fall weather. I just had this feeling like "life is good"

It's scary that I was almost gonna stop taking it too!!!!! But i kept taking it, and two days later, bam. It finally kicked in!

It took about 35 days to kick in. I felt some benefits the first month, but today and yesterday were the first days where I really felt the benefits. A calm, peaceful, happy feeling. My mind feels clean and clear and under control haha!!!

I also feel motivated!! I feel like I have so much to do! And i've lost so much time!!!

It really does feel like "today is the first day of my new life" ...

Wellbutrin for the win!

Cheers,
Old 10-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awesome news buddy!!

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Anyone is free to PM me questions or ask my MSN adress.
crayzyMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

That's great to hear.
So those initial super-energy, speed like feelings wore down?

lonelygirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelygirl88 View Post
I don't know about him, but as for me, yes it did slow down. At first it felt like I was on speed or coke and I was VERY anxious and jittery. That went away after about 3 weeks. When the jittery feelings go away, that's usually when the mood elevating effects kick in.

I'm on SR 300mg. I'm also on a low dosage of Lexapro (10mg) so that probably takes the edge off the anxiety.
alex999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Don't make the mistake of coming off your anti-depressant when it just starts to work. Usually you would want to stay on an anti-depressant for 8-11 months after entering remission.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Note: majority of typos are from posting on my phone
Noca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'm glad it didn't kick out. Thats good news!!
metamorphosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Arg!!! I wanted this, but my doctor preferred me to go on the "rolls royce" new drug Pristiq (moron).

Please keep us posted with your progress every now and again. I've heard great things about Wellbutrin from this site and many others, so I'm keen to hear about your experience too - good or bad.

But congrats on the positive effects so far

x
Old 10-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelygirl88 View Post
That's great to hear.
Hell yes! The first week was the worst. Then the next two weeks were OK.

By the fourth week most of the sides were gone, but I wasn't experiencing too many benefits.

And now, into the fifth week, I am finally feeling very good. I feel peaceful and happy. I feel like the world is happier around me too. My creativity and motivation is BACK!!!! I had totally lost my motivation and creativity and now I feel like I have SO MUCH TO DO!!! SO MUCH LOST TIME TO MAKE UP FOR!!!!

I can't believe I have spent the past year mostly doing nothing. I just want to get out into the real world now and live life to the fullest.

Cheers,
Old 10-18-2010, 09:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr House View Post
Don't make the mistake of coming off your anti-depressant when it just starts to work. Usually you would want to stay on an anti-depressant for 8-11 months after entering remission.
Stop it? No way dude! As far as i'm concerned I will take it forever. Or as long as it works for me. I have seen on askpatient.com that people are on Wellbutrin for YEARS and YEARS.

I have lost years of my life, and i didnt even realize it until now. Most of 2007, 2009, and 2010 were spent quitting jobs, and sitting at home. I quit like 5 jobs for no reason. Now I realize it was because I was depressed. I dont want to lose anymore time in my life. I am still in my 20's and I have a lot of living to do!!!!!

I have a new outlook right now. It's like a "light" turned on in my head. The world seems so much brighter, and I feel optimistic and motivated.

Cheers,
Old 10-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex999 View Post
I don't know about him, but as for me, yes it did slow down. At first it felt like I was on speed or coke and I was VERY anxious and jittery. That went away after about 3 weeks. When the jittery feelings go away, that's usually when the mood elevating effects kick in.

I'm on SR 300mg. I'm also on a low dosage of Lexapro (10mg) so that probably takes the edge off the anxiety.
I am only on 150mg dose. It took over a month to really feel the benefits of this medication. So I would encourage people not to get discouraged and stick with it.

You will really honestly have a new life if you stick with it. Especially if depression is genuwinely your issue. This medication SUCKS at first, but wow. When it kicks in, the room feels brighter, and life seems better.

I am scared at how good I feel. I feel like I can conquer the world.

Cheers,
Old 10-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #16 (permalink)

I take 75mg instant release Wellbutrin tablets 3 times a day for 225mg daily.. I have noticed some improvement in depression, but I balance the stimulation/anxiety out with Klonopin. I've had a couple random "good days" recently, so I'm hoping it's taking full effect soon.

I'm on day 28 of this regiment... I'm hoping to discover the relief you have!
DistinctlyAmbiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

If you work out do you notice that your workouts are much stronger? Ever since being on WB I get a huge adrenaline rush when I'm lifting or doing whatever. Like something clicks on like an adrenaline rush and I feel much stronger. I've already gained more muscle faster than I ever have since I've been on it. I've also lost some body fat. I know WB's DA effects are relatively weak but maybe the increased dopamine = increased testosterone?
alex999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Wellbutrin was a great appetite suppresant

-------------------------------------------------------
CopadoMexicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

I knew it would kick in for ya!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
I knew it would kick in for ya!
Ya man.

Lookin' forward to seeing what it can do over the next month. But overall, I am much more optimistic, and motivated than before!

Cheers,