X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 09-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wellbutrin is making me tired...

Is this normal. I've just been pretty tired today, I'm on 150mg XL once daily.. its only my second day but everyone else seems to compare it to speed. the first day I felt a very subtle stimulation but today has been exhausting and I even got good sleep last night. I should also mention I am on 30mg Lexapro.
whatisnormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Probably just an adjustment faze while both meds work things out. I'd give it a good 2-3 weeks to decide.

beaches09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

LOL, you seem to be the total opposite of me. I'm on Day 2 of Wellbutrin 150mg and I DO feel like I'm on speed or coke. It doesn't sound as good as you think it is, I am starting to not like this feeling. I can't relax. I was sitting in class feeling really jittery and I was afraid people would notice.

But it's a welcome effect compared to the Lexapro which knocked me out completely.
alex999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisnormal View Post
Is this normal. I've just been pretty tired today, I'm on 150mg XL once daily.. its only my second day but everyone else seems to compare it to speed. the first day I felt a very subtle stimulation but today has been exhausting and I even got good sleep last night. I should also mention I am on 30mg Lexapro.
I did have a pretty significant energy boost the first few days. Now (8 days in) I am noticing that the energy boost isn't as significant, which is fine. I am mostly waiting for the full anti depressant effects to kick in. I do feel a bit better already, so I am optimistic about the results in 2-3 weeks.

It could be the Lexapro cancelling out the Wellbutrin. 30mg of Lexapro is an insanely high dose imho.

Cheers,
peaceandlove09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

The "adjustment phase" of Wellbutrin was horrible for me, I felt so god damn depressed and drowsy. I took it for about 1-2 months, and felt more or less like I did before taking it by then but when I stopped taking it I realized that I had lost a slight energy boost and got tired a lot earlier in the day.
Under17 is offline   Reply With Quote