Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Like Tree3 Liked Posts

Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Lexapro + Augmentation / Experimentation Thread

Ive decided to make my own thread for the investigation and the experimentation of escitalopram.

In this thread im gonna investigate super low doses of lexapro from 0.5mg to odd ball doses up to 7.5mg.

As well uses of the drug in various other combination with other medication. Feel free to post your own augmention and experiment.

Im also gonna be investigating cycling anti-depressants doses on the weekend for 1-3days a week. My objective for this is to see if this is a useable method to give serotonin recepter a break to prevent tolarance and provide down time to aid in rest recovery as well reduce side effects.

Medication ill be investigating in various combination and doses. Medication. Adderall Wellbutrin Zoloft Lexapro Alcohol Nicotine and finally maybe Marijuana .

My objective is to figure out the most effective functional combination with the least amount of side effects. Also finding proper dosing and taping/weaning.

And finally my diagnosis is ADHD Depression and Avoidant Personalty Disorder. Will see how well this goes.
meedo likes this.

~~The best lesson learned in life are what is not taught they are learned.

~~We used to think the world was flat, Now we think its round, But are thinking is still flat, It needs to be round, So really are reality hasn't changed.

~~The difference between the known and the unknown, Is a half cup of fullness or, A empty cup of fullness, The difference in faith of believing and not believing,
GotAnxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just to note, Lexapro takes 6-8 days to clear from system.

Though you can prevent reaching possibly steady state by doing an on-off method, you will still have Lexapro in your system just lower amounts.

Good luck btw.
Sleep: melatonin 0.75mg /benadryl 12.5mg / zopiclone 1.75mg
kehcorpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks kehcorpz!.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'll post alittle update.

Lately I've become functional on 2.5mg of lexapro. I've went back to work after being on welfare for 2 years. Im doing a real laborous job total grunt work. Working in a warehouse lifting 140lb to 200lb boxes sometimes whole trailers full rapping and palletizing skids. Its a marathon job. But that what i need to recondition myself to survive. I've started reading again. I brought a sciencetfic america magizine. I wanna get my driver lience sooner or later here and save for a car.
meedo likes this.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Should get some good exercise with that job. It's nice to get a workout on the job especially if you're too lazy to workout at home.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

I started taking 10mg of generic lexapro from walmart about 2 months ago. It started out ok, kinda gave me the jitters, but it seemed like I wanted to leave the apartment even less.

Depression in particuliar has gotten much worse, where I don't get out of bed and havn't kept up with my hygiene. I stopped this one about a week ago, and I can still "feel" it in me. Head is groggy a lot--I didn't like this med because of this.
RockmanJL9981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

One of the problems with docters and medicaion now adays is they vastly over medicate the dosage is all wrong and that why were getting all these side effects.

This is my 5th or 6th time revisiting these same medication to come up with a viseable plan to make it work. I had to stop befor because of side effects.

I was on 10mg of lexapro befor it made me unhealthy and sick i came off it i looked way healthier. My skin look better.

When i say side effects i mean insomina sweating weakness malnurition weaken immune system sexual dysfunction.
These are unaccecptable.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Alright here my phase 4 of dropping my antidepressant to a lower dose on the weekend.

I manage to sleep 12 to 14 hours today. Cause i miss my dose of 2.5mg of lexapro at 5am my regular schedule time. I took 1.25mg of lex at noon to give my self a break. It seems like i only get 4 to 5 hours of sleep sometimes less well im working. But if i miss that dose for one day i can get a really long sleep in. im still so tired cause serotonin so activating and lower serotonin can make you tired.

I may only do this for about a day. It seems like you can develop a sore throat if you go over one day.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Here another little update.

I've started taking a low dose of 3.75mg to 7.50mg of adderall after work around about 2pm. Im gonna give this a shot for awhile. I do not like working on amphetamines. Besides i get my weightlifting and cardio in befor i take it. It makes the experience much better. I've notice my concentration has wavered a great deal when i don"t take it which is 75% percent of the time. I may eventually alternate back to Wellbutrin and try too see if i can still be functional on 1.25mg of lex and maybe 37.5 to 75mg of Wellbutrin. I like the comprehension enchancement of wellbutrin better kinda it doesn"t really help with focus tho. I think amphetamines gives me low blood sugar alot of the times which makes the crash bad so basically you need too eat lots of carbs to keep your mood up. I notice my circulation bad when my blood sugar low maybe it can potentially be why my blood pressure been high sometimes i wonder?.

~~The best lesson learned in life are what is not taught they are learned.

~~We used to think the world was flat, Now we think its round, But are thinking is still flat, It needs to be round, So really are reality hasn't changed.

~~The difference between the known and the unknown, Is a half cup of fullness or, A empty cup of fullness, The difference in faith of believing and not believing,
Old 02-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Another excellent day at work. Im thinking im gonna do 1.25mg lexapro and 35mg Wellbutrin this week and see how well i function.

I wanna see how low can i go with the lex.

I love how Wellbutrin makes me work im so efficient. I guess that the difference between Adderall and Wellbutrin. Ones used to decrease activity and the other one can make you move better :-)

Basically adhd drugs are downers. I took 25mg of adderall xr on Sunday. It made me wanna do awhole lot of nothing.

These micro doses of alcohol are killer so good for circulation and mood. i wonder if 5ml 18x a day would better.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Think I'm gonna try 62.5mg next then 31.25mg. Eventually I'll raise it back up too 3.33mg and try 6.66mg then 7.50mg the highest I'll go. I wanna get a feel for each dose then find my sweet spot.

2.5mg is pretty good side effects wise. I wanna see how low I can go untill I start feel crappy.

I need to find the right doses for adderall as well for myself.

25mg adderall xr is way to much maybe one half to one third of that will be good.

2.5mg to 3.33mg of lex is probably the sweet spot for less insomina and less sexual sides. Then 6.66mg to 7.50mg is a good sweet spot for more severe depression with less side effects.

I felt alittle emotional indifference today probably cause my dose been sitting in my frige for 4 days.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

To successfully wean off of lex from 10mg it would probably be best to do a week or more at these doses 7.50mg 6.66mg 5mg 3.33mg 2.50mg 1.25mg 0.625mg 0.3125mg 0.15625mg 0.078125mg 0.039625mg untill you get into nothing. That would probably provide enough time untill your brain takes over.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've decided to increase my dose up to 3.33mg my modivation was wavering at work I felt like quitting my job. It a real labor intensive bs job. But I wanna stick it out. Whether or not it was the decreased antidepressant dose causing those feelings. It coulda been the job it self because it so stressful. At 1.25mg I was starting to sleep so good. Tapering down slow as possible may be the best method to come off even dropping down 50% incerments may be way to much. Seems like every dose decreases causes a sore throat .
Old 02-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

why not just take a higher dose and something to help you sleep? Like an antihistamine?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have been taking gravol. But I think I'm gonna phase that out and try melatonin for a bit.

Another option is seroquel. But I need to reload on that one. I've never used it in combination with lex yet.

The higher doses of lex produce more weakness sweating and insomina some side effects that I hate. But Ill give lex another shot at 6.66mg and 7.50mg. I'm hoping that will reduce side effects from 10mg by 1/3 to 1/4.

I think it the insomina that causes the lack of vigilances. I really don't wanna be a space cadet and be feebleminded from lack of sleep. People are easily manipulated in that state of mind.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Ive decided to increase my antidepressant dosage to 6.66mg so far so good. Ive been busy working thinking about life. Ive been taking melatonin instead of gravol lately. Melatonin makes me pretty groggy during the day sometimes i can sleep like 8 to 16 hrs a day from taking it. A tiny dose of caffeine kinda helps with that like about 50mg.

Adderall creates alot of oxidative stress so i may look for another stimulants maybe we can go back on dexedrine or concerta.

Will see its been months since i made a real docters apointment. I wanna go in there and give him a good update of me doing good.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

That's an evil dose
meedo likes this.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
yay

I read a pubmed study with lexa at 6.66mg.
People who took 6.66mg developed psychosis and felt like they were being attacked by demons.
yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yay View Post
I read a pubmed study with lexa at 6.66mg.
People who took 6.66mg developed psychosis and felt like they were being attacked by demons.
funny
Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 AM   #20 (permalink)

With a name like Esatanicpram 6.66mg has to be the magic dose ;-)