Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

the closest medication to make you not care about anything?

72K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  so_so_shy 
#1 ·
I'm sick of feeling, I'm sick of worrying, and I'm sick of pondering. Right about now I just want a medication to feel numb. Yes, I know a lot of people hate that feeling, but I want that feeling. I just want to go through life, do what I have to do, live through what I have to, and move on without a second thought. My emotions and thoughts just screw things up for me.

I go to the doc this Friday. What would be a good med to suggest? Mabye Seroquel? I heard that zombifies you pretty good. Of course I wouldn't tell the doc I want to be zombified, but I'll think of something.

#4 ·
Have you tried MAOI's? Maybe finding a effective med is better then taking crap to fog up your brain.

#5 ·
Seroquel may work yes.
SSRIs don't make everyone numb, so don't expect anything too amazing.
Adderall makes some people zombie-ish but it probably isn't worth trying unless you've had great results with it before.
Weed chills me out and allows me to live "in the minute" instead of worrying to much about other stuff. But it may not be what your looking for.

Also you probably won't be content to be numb. After a while it'll get annoying and you'll want to improve beyond it. Maybe therapy or something would help you? I'm sure you've already considered it, but just throwing it out there for the sake of discussion.

#6 ·
Actually I found that my Xanax sorta has this effect. I took it at work and it helped my anxiety, although it made me sleepy. And it's very addictive, hence why this med isn't the answer I'm looking for.

Adderall is one I'm interested in, though I'm guessing my chances of being prescribed that are about zero. I've never tried at MAOI but I dunno if a family doc would prescribe that. Weed makes my anxiety worse. Therapy is too expensive. :(

#10 ·
benzos and you dont even have to keep taking them. they are the drug that keeps on giving. benzo withdrawal has me the numbest i have ever been in my life, it is so bad now i am having a hard time not killing myself. but it's incredibly affective at getting rid of all emotions. my dog got cancer and is going to die and i couldn't care less.

#11 ·
Haldol? Yeah that would work if I want to be knocked the heck out for awhile... lol which sometimes I do but anyway... opiates, I love that feeling but I think I'd have less of a chance of being prescribed them than Adderall... unless i break a bone or something but I'm not THAT desperate haha.

#12 ·
Don't search for the perfect zombie drug but for meds that could really help you...

#14 ·
the Xanax helps a lot with the anxiety I have at work and to not care so much... ughhh why is it so addictive? I was not so afraid to talk to people, not as jumpy and nervous... the only downside was that it does make you sleepy. Well... and that it's addictive. But it works.

#23 ·
High doses of Lyrica

#24 ·
I take Xanax 1-2 times a day and Klonopin about 1 time a week. I dont have any dependence or withdrawals inbetween and my tolerance if anything has reversed. I started out on 2mg of Xanax a day and went down to 1-1.5mg of Xanax a day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.