seroquel (Quetiapine) helping me sleep, not doing much else - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default seroquel (Quetiapine) helping me sleep, not doing much else

i've had some manic/bipolar stuff happen to me very recently so my doctor put me on this stuff, he said it also helps anxiety and depression. I stopped taking it for two days because I was angry it wasn't helping me, bad decision. I got some knives and cut the house up and was very paranoid.

Well...it keeps me from going crazy and knocks me out at bedtime, i'm still very depressed and my social anxiety is still very bad (I rarely leave the house or talk to anyone).

Anyone here have any stories about seroquel?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: seroquel (Quetiapine) helping me sleep, not doing much else

I took it for sleep and was up to 400mgs a night. It worked for 2 months then stopped. Im not bipolar so..
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Tried carrying the weight of the world, but I only have two hands... So wake me up when I'm older, when I'm wiser and I'm older
Noca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

It's probably not really going to do much from an AD point of view. Anyway, what dose are you on? It won't start working until an efficacious antipsychotic/mood stabilizer until about 500mg
Old 08-29-2007, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

I was up to 500mg a night. Helped me sleep but didn't do much else. I was also told it would help with anxiety but it didn't. One night even the 500 didn't knock me out so I ended up taking 800. Bad idea.. my tv started talking to me even though it was turned off It's one of those meds you don't want to quit cold turkey. I had to due to lack of money and man I thought I was dieing for 2 weeks from withdrawals. It sounds like it is helping with paranoia so might be worth staying on it just for that and talking to yr dr about adding something for the depression and anxiety.
mserychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speak Easy
It's probably not really going to do much from an AD point of view. Anyway, what dose are you on? It won't start working until an efficacious antipsychotic/mood stabilizer until about 500mg
i'm only on 200mg but steadily going up
Old 08-30-2007, 05:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Kori - that sucks that it didn't work, but if the gains don't outweigh the side-effects, then there's no point in taking a medication.

Anonymous Dude - If you're using it as a mood stabilizer, then try to stick with it until 500mg. It acts as a completely different medication at different doses. Thus said, how you feel at 200mg is in no way indicative of how you will feel at 500mg