Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

rTMS treatment for severe anxiety

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ladysmurf 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried rTMS for severe anxiety issues such as social anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks with any success ? I heard it works for depression, but is it also effective for anxiety ?

#2 ·
Hello Mike, I am in the process of doing the bilateral treatment right now. The anxiety treatment is not covered by insurance most of the time but I feel like it will be in the future. I believe my depression makes my anxiety worse so the depression treatment should help me overcome my anxiety as well.

I am on treatment 6 out of 30. 1/5 of the way there. I will let you know how it helps my anxiety. :)

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com...stimulation-therapy-rtms-for-6-weeks-1810777/

#3 ·
Hi everybody, I am in the process of doing the bilateral treatment right now too.
Yoga and practical psychology helped me with social anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks much faster. By the way, I was constantly at risk to get depressed because of the lack of purpose in life, and the wrong perception of the world (thanks to Victor Frankl).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.