X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 03-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default ritalin and klonopin

20mgs of Ritalin SR and 4mgs of Klonopin at once and I feel amazing. I feel so high yet so mellow and yet so talkative/extroverted.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Note: majority of typos are from posting on my phone
Noca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: ritalin and klonopin

That was probably the reasoning they went with when they marketed Dexamyl (dextroamphetamine mixed with amobarbitol) back in the 1930s-70s. Stimulant/depressant combinations seem to be fairly effective for immediate relief.

Things I have tried:
Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Prozac, Paxil, Effexor XR, Remeron, Wellbutrin SR, Eskalith CR, Topamax, Valium, Xanax, Ativan, Ambien, Restoril, Desyrel, Ritalin, Adderall, Dexedrine, Inderal, Lopressor, Thorazine, Lamictal, Abilify, Depakote, Geodon, Seroquel, doxepin, chloral hydrate
korey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey
That was probably the reasoning they went with when they marketed Dexamyl (dextroamphetamine mixed with amobarbitol) back in the 1930s-70s. Stimulant/depressant combinations seem to be fairly effective for immediate relief.
I took a dose, of a friend's mother's Dexamyl, in high school. It was the most intense euphoria and socially functional I've felt compared to other amphetamine medication's I've taken. I wanted to take it again, but my friend didn't get anymore. Too bad they don't manufacture it anymore. I would like to have the opportunity to try it again.
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinx
Quote:
I took a dose, of a friend's mother's Dexamyl, in high school. It was the most intense euphoria and socially functional I've felt compared to other amphetamine medication's I've taken. I wanted to take it again, but my friend didn't get anymore. Too bad they don't manufacture it anymore. I would like to have the opportunity to try it again.
The effective medications have a tendency of being removed from the market or being rescheduled into Class I (i.e. illegal)

Things I have tried:
Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Prozac, Paxil, Effexor XR, Remeron, Wellbutrin SR, Eskalith CR, Topamax, Valium, Xanax, Ativan, Ambien, Restoril, Desyrel, Ritalin, Adderall, Dexedrine, Inderal, Lopressor, Thorazine, Lamictal, Abilify, Depakote, Geodon, Seroquel, doxepin, chloral hydrate
Old 03-26-2008, 01:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
The effective medications have a tendency of being removed from the market or being rescheduled into Class I (i.e. illegal)
This is why I want the DEA to become DOA. The meds that produce a rapid & profound change in mood are highly effective. They also are the most potentially addictive.

The DEA is, I guess, about protecting junkies from their own poor choices. Screw patients who need powerful meds to deal with severe mental or physical problems.

And the DEA doesn't even protect junkies when they are the reason opioids are mixed with liver-toxic Tylenol. A chronic abuser of Vicodin is likely to die of liver failure long before the hydrocodone harms them, or do they seriously think a junkie will be sure not to take more than 8 a day and avoid drinking? They force junkies to buy black market drugs of unknown potency that could be laced with who knows what at sky high prices (that forces them into prostitution, burglary, robbery and the like to pay the cost). The DEA hurts both addicts & legitimate patients alike and you get to pay for it with your tax dollars. Especially when they fill prisons with non-violent drug offenders, who hurt nobody except possibly themselves. Oddly, we don't lock up alcoholics for inflicting self-harm.
UltraShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraShy
... Oddly, we don't lock up alcoholics for inflicting self-harm.
That's because alcohol isn't harmful or addictive. Everybody knows that!

Things I have tried:
Old 03-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

might be an OK combination for occasional specially difficult SA occasions, to help you recover some self confidence
obviously very addictive though, although it seems not many of us have addictive type personalities
arthur56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

maybe i need this.....
--Mr. SandMan--
Mr. SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
dns

i heard if you take stimulants for a long time you get problems with your face nerves. any idea if that is true for ritalin?

hopefully it is not
dns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca
20mgs of Ritalin SR and 4mgs of Klonopin at once and I feel amazing. I feel so high yet so mellow and yet so talkative/extroverted.
Why are you taking Ritalin and adderall? Do they work better together?
tulips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulips
Quote:
I just take the Ritalin when i feel really depressed. I take Adderall XR everyday.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Old 05-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just take the Ritalin when i feel really depressed. I take Adderall XR everyday.
What doses do you take of each, and you had mentioned the adderall was the best antidepressant you have ever tried, so how does the ritilin help any futher when you are depressed?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
What doses do you take of each, and you had mentioned the adderall was the best antidepressant you have ever tried, so how does the ritilin help any futher when you are depressed?
i only have enough Adderall XR to take once a day. Im on 30mgs of Adderall XR daily and I take like 20mgs of Ritalin SR prn.
--Isaac Asimov

Old 05-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
i only have enough Adderall XR to take once a day. Im on 30mgs of Adderall XR daily and I take like 20mgs of Ritalin SR prn.
Isnt the Adderall XR supposed to work all day? Do you find that it wears out earlier?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Isnt the Adderall XR supposed to work all day? Do you find that it wears out earlier?
it works for 10-12 hours
--Isaac Asimov

Old 05-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

so after the 10-12 hrs, is that when you take your Ritilin?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
so after the 10-12 hrs, is that when you take your Ritalin?
after 10-12 hrs i am usually depressed, take my regular meds then go to sleep. I dont take Ritalin at night or Id never be able to sleep.
--Isaac Asimov

Old 05-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

So if you dont feel depressed until night when you are going to sleep, I don't understand when you would take the ritilin with the adderall to get the best effect.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

some times my life is so ****ty that I feel down regardless of having taken the adderall, thats when i take some ritalin simply because i dont have more adderall.
--Isaac Asimov

Old 05-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

do you think the Adderall XR is better than the regular Adderall you take several times a day?