ran out of adderall today, still over a week b4 I can get new script, what to expect - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 01-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default ran out of adderall today, still over a week b4 I can get new script, what to expect

Yeah.... I took a little more most days then what was prescribed (my job is hectic), and I fully realized I would run out early but figured I could take at least a week off to lower tolerance.

Also, the past few days on it I've had a headache and felt more irritable and stuff, so I figured time for a break.

Is the withdrawal really that bad? I can deal with tiredness with energy drinks/coffee/etc. I've only been taking adderall for about close to two months, but my dosage some days went up to 80mg (not all though). Yesterday I think I took 50mg, and today 45mg (not all at once).
behindblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Its different for everyone. My Addy withdrawal includes extreme fatigue and depression with suicidal thoughts. Addy withdrawal for me lasts about 3 days max.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Quitting while you are ahead isn't the same thing as quitting; lesser known fact
Noca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

amphetamine withdrawal makes jonny a dull boy
jonnynobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Take some DL-Phenylalanine or L-Tyrosine to increase the amount of dopamine you produce. If you really can't bare the w/d (I've gone through this many times its honestly just a certain degree of catatonia and kinda just a bored pointlessness feeling)
If you have benzo's or if you can get wellbutrin I suggest either of those. If you're desperate you could invest in some Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex nasal inhaler, google it if you feel its worth trying).
Lastly, its only a week and chances are this won't be that helpful but perhaps in the future...there's a research chem MDPV, its similar to methylphenidate except it has a much stronger dopamine re-uptake inhibition.
Life is a process, not a state. A person is a process, too, not a static entity. Living life is not accomplished by holding on, by accumulating things or knowledge, but by always overcoming oneself, and by transforming or passing on everything that one acquires.

Currently Rx'd daily:
Adderall IR 20mg x 3, Clonazepam 1mg x 2, hydroxyzine 25mg x 3, Suboxone 8mg x 2, *I've managed to taper down to about 2mg IV/instranasal
Currently often making cameo appearances
4-Fluoroamphetamine. GBL, 2c-i
Echonnector is offline   Reply With Quote