Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Paxil or zoloft opinions

10K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  staypresent17 
#1 ·
Hey guys new here and i'm goin to the doc this week.I wanted to get back on zoloft since i felt like it helped me a bit first time around but i've also been reading some good reviews on paxil(some bad ones too though).My question is to people who might have used either or both,how did it work for u? side effects? and which would u prefer.
thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
You may want to go with Zoloft. Such medications affect everyone a bit differently, and if I had to say anything based on personal experience, I'd technically say take neither (it really depends on age--I tried to commit suicide on Paxil, but I was also 12 when I took it, before the age problems were realized. Zoloft made me gain a lot of weight, but that's a common side effect anyway)...but if you are choosing between the two, Zoloft may be your better bet. Paxil can just be dangerous; some people like it, but in many cases, it only worsens the situation.

#9 ·
That's cause you have a brain the size of a rat.

#7 ·
I am on Paxil 40 mg and it has worked very well. So well in fact that I need some of my anxiety back because I have become outrageous. I am actually going to reduce my dose to 1.5 pills a day instead of 2 pills. SA is a secondary discorder for me as I also have bi polar and that could be why I am outrageous now.

#8 ·
I tried paxil for a few months and it had no positive affects whatsoever. It never felt like it did anything. If it wasn't for the 50 pounds I gained while I was on it, I wouldn't have noticed anything. As soon as I came off the paxil, I started to drop of the extra weight

#10 ·
Everyone is different. I've tried both and Zoloft works better 100% for me. My psychiatrist says Zoloft is the most frequently prescribed/effective SSRI specifically targeting social anxiety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.