Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Paxil or Zoloft

8K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Noca 
#1 ·
I have been taking Remeron and its not really working for me so my theraist was sayig i should keep trying it a little longer but if it doesnt work, then I might try Paxil or Zoloft. So anyway I wanted to hear some people's exeriences and opinion. I know I might respond differently than somebody else but I just really wanted to hear how it worked for some people

#2 ·
I was on zoloft 200 mg for just over 7 months, I took myself off because my psychiatrist refused to switch me to something else, instead she just increased the dosage every time I saw her. I noticed a numbing effect on 200 mg which I didn't like, but I can't say it helped my anxiety. However, I would try zoloft first to see if it works for you, and if it doesn't work try effexor, then paxil as a last resort.

#3 ·
\

If you're more sad-depressed: Zoloft, Prozac
more nervous, anxious: Paxil(start very low, I only take ~5mg)

Painted_Veil said:
However, I would try zoloft first to see if it works for you, and if it doesn't work try effexor, then paxil as a last resort.
Effexor should be the last resort since it's an SNRI and it doesn't seem to have a good reputation for withdrawal also(worse than Paxil).

#5 ·
I'm up to 125 mg of Paxil and it may be starting to work. Actually, saying that it may be starting to work after taking it for months and increasing doses to 125 mg may indicate that its not the meds. Of course, I "suffure" from "severe social anxiety," just like I've been diagnosed in the past with "double depression." Anyway, I feel more able to communicate at home and work lately, but I'm not sure its the meds or my mind finally officially cracking.

#10 ·
Re: \

Bandit6 said:

Painted_Veil said:
However, I would try zoloft first to see if it works for you, and if it doesn't work try effexor, then paxil as a last resort.
Effexor should be the last resort since it's an SNRI and it doesn't seem to have a good reputation for withdrawal also(worse than Paxil).
Interesting... I have always heard that Paxil withdrawal is worse than effexor withdrawal :con

#12 ·
Re: \

Painted_Veil said:
Bandit6 said:

[quote="Painted_Veil":x17oskp6]However, I would try zoloft first to see if it works for you, and if it doesn't work try effexor, then paxil as a last resort.
Interesting... I have always heard that Paxil withdrawal is worse than effexor withdrawal :con[/quote:x17oskp6]effexor is worse and has a shorter half life than paxil.

#13 ·
Paxil is amazing. But start with a low dosage and give it at least 2 months for full effect. Dont go over Id say 60mg per day. Let your mind and body get used to the medication. Many or all side effects will go away after some weeks. Good luck. I use Paxil for SA and GAD.

#14 ·
Mercurochrome said:
I'm up to 125 mg of Paxil and it may be starting to work. Actually, saying that it may be starting to work after taking it for months and increasing doses to 125 mg may indicate that its not the meds. Of course, I "suffure" from "severe social anxiety," just like I've been diagnosed in the past with "double depression." Anyway, I feel more able to communicate at home and work lately, but I'm not sure its the meds or my mind finally officially cracking.
omg 125mgs???????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.