Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Paxil -- morning or night?

87K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  scotthallkevinnash 
#1 ·
Does it make any difference whether you take it in the morning, or at night before you go to sleep? Anyone have any experience here? =p

#3 ·
First time I took Paxil, I took it in the morning at breakfast. My doc back then told me that Paxil was somewhat activating and that was the reason I should take it in the morning. Now, after some years I am back on Paxil again, and I noticed that the doc had written on the label to take it in evenings. I don't know why. I have always taken it in the mornings, and never experienced no problems. So I continue to take it in the morning with breakfast.

#7 ·
tednugent2007 said:
I take it in the morning. I need help during the day, not when I'm sleeping all by myself in my house.
Isn't it supposed to last 24 hours anyway? I mean, you take it once a day to keep up the supply in your system. Maybe I'm wrong.

I've been breaking a 20mg tablet in half and taking it at night. It's only been a few days, but so far it's not annihilating me nearly as badly as it did the first time. I was taking 20mg in the morning for about a week before I quit because the side effects were worse than the disease. :lol

#8 ·
Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but..

I'm going to stop taking Paxil. Its making me sleepy all the time.. I don't know how anyone can take Paxil and be productive!
Anyone think the fatigue will go away?? (Been taking it a little less than 3 weeks now.)

#9 ·
I took it at night because it made me sleepy.

It never worked except for the side effects and those were consistent throughout the day so I dont believe that morning or night matters unless its making you tired like it did to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.