Pain Killers (Vicodin/Percocet) are the only drugs that take away my SAD. - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 06-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Pain Killers (Vicodin/Percocet) are the only drugs that take away my SAD.

I had back surgery two years ago and got prescribed these types of drugs. My GOD! When I take a few Vicodin I get a rush of a nice, beautiful, warm feeling. It makes me want to have conversations with EVERYONE! I'm not worried about going to work or public. Hell I could probably give a 5 hour presentation in class! Xanax or Klonopin never did this for me.

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD SIMILAR RESULTS FROM THIS? I'm not suggesting this, but I have found that for some odd reason these are the only drugs that work for me!

The downfall, now I have to take 6-8 vicodin a day to get similar results. It is a very fine, slippery slope.
BNelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Most people find hydrocodone and oxycodone to be awesome like you described. I never experienced any alleviation from SA though with 15, 22.5, or 30 milligrams of hydrocodone (with no tolerance either ).
IllusionalFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Get some naltrexone and take it at "ultra low" doses, plus magnesium and/or memantine. You'll be able to stop any more tolerance developing, and if some user reports are to be believed, be able to reverse your tolerance to the pre-drug days. Dosage adjustments are needed, of course. This can actually make opioids a sustainable treatment of anxiety/depression.

In reply, yes, I have experienced this feeling on opioids, although I find directly dopaminergic drugs more useful; opioids usually just make me want to lie down.
euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yes, narcotic pain killers eliminate my social anxiety completely, and also make me very pro-social. This occurs with as little as 15 mg of hydro, but of course the effects are more profound as the dosage increases.

The downside to them is addiction, and in the case of pain killers mixed with acetaminophen (i.e., most of them), doing a number on your liver at higher doses.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with responsible use, though I know that can be quite hard.
soaringfalcon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Drinking some kratom, ahh.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
The downside to them is addiction, and in the case of pain killers mixed with acetaminophen (i.e., most of them), doing a number on your liver at higher doses.
You could do a cold water extraction or use adequate dosed N-Acetylcysteine to prevent liver damage. But without tolerance prevention tricks like euphoria mentioned full mu opioid-agonists are a one way street without a sustainable shortcut to happiness.
Disclaimer: The user "Medline" is not a medical professional and does not provide medical advice. All information provided by "Medline" is based on his own research and/or personal experiences and should not be considered professional medical advice. All information provided by "Medline" is intended to be for informational purposes only. "Medline" assumes no liability and/or responsibility for the actions of individuals using any information provided.
Medline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Can you imagine doctors prescribing hydrocodone or oxycodone for social anxiety,
but the chances of that ever happening are very slim unless you are famous like Elvis LOL...
BradPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPit View Post
Can you imagine doctors prescribing hydrocodone or oxycodone for social anxiety,
but the chances of that ever happening are very slim unless you are famous like Elvis LOL...
Hehe, true

However I wish there were some studies or anything out there that proves this so doctors would maybe open their eyes to this. Also maybe doctors and scientists could research this more (if not already happening) so that maybe they could develop a new drug (i wish). Well off to bed. Thanks for sharing.
BNelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Elvis had a great doctor, yeah... treating patients dead because they want to get high and down and high and down... is brilliant. I don't know why he was never nominated for the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. Maybe those old jury guys in Sweden don't listen to Rock ’n’ Roll and never heard of Elvis?
Disclaimer: The user "Medline" is not a medical professional and does not provide medical advice. All information provided by "Medline" is based on his own research and/or personal experiences and should not be considered professional medical advice. All information provided by "Medline" is intended to be for informational purposes only. "Medline" assumes no liability and/or responsibility for the actions of individuals using any information provided.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

I think the fact that tolerance can be blocked will (slowly) change public/medical opinion of opioids somewhat, but it'll still be a long time until they're actually prescribed for anxiety/depression. Buprenorphine would be my bet as the first opioid for this. Maybe we'll see a time when having a "regimen" is the normal thing to do.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria View Post
I think the fact that tolerance can be blocked will (slowly) change public/medical opinion of opioids somewhat, but it'll still be a long time until they're actually prescribed for anxiety/depression. Buprenorphine would be my bet as the first opioid for this. Maybe we'll see a time when having a "regimen" is the normal thing to do.
I happen to know a few doctors, albeit ones that haven't attended medical school and usually operate their practices within the comfort of their homes, that prescribe them readily for anxiety and depression. Guess you just have to know where to look
soaringfalcon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

They are doctors but haven't attended medical school? Interesting! Where do they get their narcotic prescription pads from? The DEA doesn't really like doctors or "doctors" who overuse such pads, and if the DEA does not like a person they usually show it quite offensive.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Once again: Happiness is not allowed. Not legally, at least
korey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

It seems like all the best drugs are illegal like there's some huge conspiracy in people not having any fun...
Old 06-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

And @ night the DEA guys open the evidence room, take some of the best stuff out and party till morning, or what?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPit View Post
It seems like all the best drugs are illegal like there's some huge conspiracy in people not having any fun...

I don't know why they can't take some of the best drugs and be selective on what receptor they work on to be safer. Seems to me if they focused more on a pill that lifted peoples spirits, hit there sense of humor components, and enthusiasm receptors more, most of these personality disorder would fade away.....
Jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrock View Post
I don't know why they can't take some of the best drugs and be selective on what receptor they work on to be safer. Seems to me if they focused more on a pill that lifted peoples spirits, hit there sense of humor components, and enthusiasm receptors more, most of these personality disorder would fade away.....
Those drugs have already been synthesized. MDMA and AMT are powerful 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A agonists respectively; Both induce a life-changing empathogenic and euphoric experience. I predict that only ~5 doses can completely cure SA in a large percentage of people.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionalFate
Those drugs have already been synthesized. MDMA and AMT are powerful 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A agonists respectively; Both induce a life-changing empathogenic and euphoric experience. I predict that only ~5 doses can completely cure SA in a large percentage of people.
Any data or studies to back that up? Rolling (with pure stuff) for several times cures SA in a large percentage of people? I doubt that. The MDMA taken 5 times eg. just heals the dopaminergic dysfunction forever?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:17 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medline View Post
Any data or studies to back that up? Rolling (with pure stuff) for several times cures SA in a large percentage of people? I doubt that. The MDMA taken 5 times eg. just heals the dopaminergic dysfunction forever?
It's purely conjecture, though the sociability enhancement due to 5-HT1A (MDMA) and 5-HT2A activation (Alpha-methyltryptamine) sounds like it would do wonders for me in being able to interact with other people. Drug administration should start with one low-dose of MDMA during a social event the first week. Second week, low dose AMT. From there, I would be able to take AMT or MDMA once every couple months and sustain the empathogenic qualities that I learned during the trip. The dose would have to be taken during a social situation that I fear greatly, and this should greatly help me learn how to deal with the situations I frequently avoid.

Screw the dopaminergic dysfunction, I only care about the serotonergic empathogenesis.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

So you mean it's about some kind of slow but steady learn process happening, because while on MDMA or AMT you can interact completely free with people even if you have extremely severe social anxiety?

Quote:
Screw the dopaminergic dysfunction, I only care about the serotonergic empathogenesis.
I just meant that people with SA have dopaminergic dysfunctions and it sounds not realistic that MDMA can heal this. But forget about that now.