Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

*New* Which type of medications have been succesful for Your SA? Version 2.0

*New* Which types of medications have been succesful for Your SA? Version 2.0

217K views 397 replies 306 participants last post by  SunshineRays 
#1 ·
Which types of medications have been succesful for Your SA? Version 2.0

#69 ·
I find pain meds all but cure it for me. I'm outgoing and love to chat with people. I can go to the store without freaking out. I know it's sort of a taboo idea but if it causes you to "feel good" isn't that the point? I have also tried pot and alcohol and they do not help with that. Pain meds make me feel "normal", not high. I don't know if it's just me or not but that's my opinion.

#71 ·
zoloft for anxiety, xanax for panic. after 1.5 weeks of zoloft excessive social anxiety is gone. now i can make positive changes in my life and hopefully after 6 months like my doctor recommended tamper off and live without excessive anxiety. Btw almost no side effects, improved sleep, mood and pioneer was definitely better than generic (idk why, but many people experience the same thing)

#72 ·
Xanax for rare occasions, but Gabapentin for anxiety and Zoloft for Depression.

Gabapentin- 900 MG per day (300 MG 3 times a day)
Zoloft- 100MG (Use to be 200)

Xanax- Depends

#74 ·
Thank you to everyone who has posted useful information on this site. I can not believe I took so long to do a google search on this problem and find this site. Based on the advice I read on this site I went to the Doc and asked for propranolol. She prescribed Inderal (which has propranolol) and in fact the chemist was out of this so gave me Deralin which is the same as Inderal. Anyway I took 2 x 10ml tablets 1 hour before I needed to do a presentation and it went incredibly well. It regulated my heart rate which made my voice steady and suddenly I was confident. Usually I shake, voice trembles, sweat, eyes water etc and then I lose confidence and am a mess for the rest of the time I am talking, so normally talk for as short a time as possible in a group situation. On this stuff, you could not shut me up.

#75 ·
I found that after tripping on mushrooms,next few days I feel completley relaxed and without anxiety.During the onset though,mushrooms always tend to pull me in some dark places.Sometimes its almost unbearable,because psychedelics may shed light on something you re trying to repress and escape of.So in order to do it right,you ve got to be really honest and in positive mindset.It can be a great learning tool if used right.

#77 ·
I had an awesome go with Zoloft. It helped tackle my SAS and depression. Unfortunately, now, I'm off of it. I do say it's worth a shot for anyone who's looking to go on a medication.

#81 ·
Wellbutrin has been helping me a fair amount, it took 3 whole months for 300mg to start working properly but due to side effects I'm going back down to 150mg

Also been taking clonazepam for a while now which helps immensely but I'll get off it whenever I can, or just take it on the occasions where I really need it

#85 · (Edited)
A combination of 120mg daily of Cymbalta, 20mg daily of Abilify, and 1mg (x3 daily) of Klonopin left me feeling pretty decent with a little more confidence, but I also smoked a ton of weed to supplement my meds.

When I was on Neurontin(600mg x3 daily), Inderal (a low dose x3 daily that I cannot remember), Klonopin(1mg x3 daily), Cymbalta (120mg daily), Abilify (20mg daily) and Vistiral (25mg PRN) I didn't have anxiety, or any emotion, or feeling in my limbs. I stayed on the combination for two months, and don't have much memory of it, nor do I know how I managed to drive to work each day.

It's pretty clear that I am treatment resistant, and I have tried a plethora of medications, most to no avail. I don't just suffer from SAD though, I have a hefty list of "conditions".

Honestly I don't know that the psych meds did much, I think the benzo+weed combination was what helped, and the psych meds that seem to help me are not available in a generic and are incredibly expensive.

I just started Celexa (20mg daily) alone, as I am on a weed vacation, so I will give an objective update on how it has affected my anxiety after a month or so of treatment.

#90 ·
I was given Paxil but stopped taking it after 3 days once I read more into it and decided it would be best to quit.

I also have .5 Xanax and it does make me feel a little better. I've only used it twice so far, when I'm really bad and am not in the mood for trying to make myself relax.

#91 ·
Anything with a stimulant property to it made my anxiety worse when I had nothing to do, BUT when I was around people I completely blossomed & was willing to be sociable. If I did say the wrong thing I didn't agonize over it hours later either.

Benzo's made me feel drugged & basically numb. In social situations I was lethargic & always disinterested in the topic at hand. A complete slug. Needless to say I tapered off & i i i had been using them since i was 15! They are VERY addictive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.