*New* Which type of medications have been succesful for Your SA? Version 2.0

*New* Which types of medications have been succesful for Your SA? Version 2.0

217K views 397 replies 306 participants last post by  SunshineRays 
#1 ·
Which types of medications have been succesful for Your SA? Version 2.0

#5 ·
paxil and lorazepam were most effective for my SA
for depression :effexor
for anxiety, any benzo in a high dose and a bit of kratom ;O)

#8 ·
I was thinking I might try Ritalin for A.D.D (although not related to SA), I have tried citalopram before moving to ecitalopram and in the end the only thing I noticed it had done for me overall was to blunten my emotions. So now I guess I am hoping to stay off medications altogether (I've even decided I probably won't use Ritalin either). The whole notion of having to rely on these things kind of sucks when you think about it. I understand it is entirely necessary at certain stages of your treatment though.

#10 ·
None at the moment. anxiety is nothing but a figment of your imagination you either chose too let it bother you or not but i do take a low dose of dexedrine.

In the past cipralex and ritilin did help but the side effects became intolerable. In the future im hoping too give maybe remeron a shot.

#12 ·
Some of the meds that have helped (me) in one way or another for anxiety and mood overall (those in bold, currently taking):

• Fluoxetine, sertraline, escitalopram
  • Phenelzine
  • Mirtazapine
  • Methylphenidate extended release, ethylphenidate, dexamphetamine, modafinil & selected other stimulants
  • Nicotine / tobacco
  • Buprenorphine, dihydrocodeine, poppy pod tea, kratom, tramadol, codeine, oxycodone & other opioids
  • Clonazepam, alprazolam, clobazam, etizolam, lorazepam, diazepam, phenibut, theanine, kava, phenobarbital, carisoprodol.
  • Amisulpride
  • Carvedilol
  • Sarcosine (n-methyl-glycine)
  • Aniracetam
  • Tongkat ali
  • Rhodiola rosea
  • Sceletium tortuosum
  • Coffee
  • Curcumin (bioavailable type)
  • Methylfolate
  • Fish oil
  • Magnesium
  • Xtend-Life Total Balance

#13 ·
Klonopin has been the only thing that has completely taken away my anxiety and panic attacks. It felt so natural that I didn't even realize it was working until I got into a social situation and was completely relaxed. Effexor xr made me extremely happy and optimistic but did nothing for my anxiety and withdrawal was a hellish nightmare. The others things I've taken either just had bad side effects or no effects, good or bad.

#15 ·
I've taken (in order) Prozac, Inderal, Lexapro, Celexa, Wellbutrin, Buspar, Klonopin, Effexor, Pristiq, Remeron and Valium. I've also tried a whole range of herbal remedies with no success.

I'm currently only taking Pristiq (1 year), which has been the best in terms of treating depression. It has increased my extroversion considerably. Previously I didn't want to interact with people at all. Now I enjoy spending time with a few good friends. It also reduced some obsessive compulsive symptoms. But it hasn't been all that great in terms of treating anxiety.

Occasionally I get my hands on some Valium, which is just wonderful. It takes away the anxiety without the drowsiness. Klonopin makes me a walking zombie because I get so tired.

Everything else has either been completely ineffective or has had side-effects so horrendous that I had to stop taking them. I really wish there was something that worked for anxiety which wasn't addictive.

#16 ·
Zoloft at 200mg
Remeron at 45mg
Jogging 4-5 times a week.

The jogging helps immensely oddly enough. I also may experiment with 60mg of Remeron since I took it last night and am surprised. I will talk with my doctor as he may not be able to prescribe it so don't want to get used to it.

Also, cutting out alcohol and weed completely. Those 2 just ended up making my anxiety so much worse even the kush strains with more cannabinoids and less THC.

#270 ·
Tianeptine (!), kratom (before they both were banned). Currently Lyrica (phenylpiracetam ) and phenylpiracetam (Phenotropil).
So Tianeptine worked will for you too? It's worked wonders although I've suddenly been experiencing blood sugar issues. I've been taking a low does Lexapro with it which I increased and wonder if that is the culprit.

The others you mentioned, phenylpiracetam and phenylpiracetam, they don't cause you any anxiety? Are you prone to anxiety with stimulants like I am unfortunately?

#19 ·
I'd like to try wellbutrin for SA and depression and weight loss
Paxil was amazing for SA, seriously I may have had all my other issues like anxiety, BPD and depression but socially I had more friends and went out more than I ever hae in my life. Effexor tends to cause avoidance but it helps with everything else

#62 ·
try and beat this

80 mg prozac
450 mg of wellbutrin
2 klonopins/daily
20 mg zxprexa
60-90 mgs of Restoril for sleep

cant top that.
Don't take zyprexa! That **** will make you diabetic and who knows what else. There have been lawyers running ads for years on TV..."If you or someone you know has taken zyprexa..."
I took it for almost two years, during which I was a walking zombie.

#21 ·
Posted in the medication reviews, Citalopram cured me. I went from a shaking, worrying, anxious wreck to very confident, popular guy. It was awesome!

I'm just posting this to give some confidence to people trying, or questioning trying SSRIs. They might not work for some, but they are definitely a great place to start. They are much safer than stimulants and MAOIs.

Even if one doesn't work, another might, everyone reacts differently. From my experience they are well worth the time.

Don't let someone else's bad reaction persuade you. Plus the people that go on internet forums tend to be people that haven't had great reactions. If you find something that works why would you even search for a help forum?

#22 ·
Having a good doctor I have had access to virtually every medication, besides opiates(which I like, but don't want because of side effects). My bigger problem is depression. But I have tried several drugs that reduced, or even wiped out social anxiety, not permanently.

-Nardil, this helped alot, I would say a reduction of about 50%, which was more than enough had it continued to work. I would either develop hypomania, be taken off, or it would poop out. It eventually stopped working & am still tapering off to this day

-Marijuana, I have a medical marijuana card & this stuff can get rid of about 80-90% of it, however I have motivation or energy to do something. If you don't care about interacting with people, but just dont want to give a damn what anyone thinks, this works(for me). It is kind of expensive to do it legally.

-Ketamine, I have a prescription for this & this can reduce if anxiety quite a bit when using the spray. By injection, it completely wipes out any & all anxiety, social anxiety, self consciousness & inhibition. So confidence is 100%, the issue is the nausea is *really bad*, unless you fast & I have huge appettite because of athletic pursuits so its not an option. It also lasts maybe 90-100 minutes.

I think really, if it is something that can be cured by therapy and exposure and risking rejection/pain & its not a severe mental disorder. The best thing is to really just learn to go through the pain. I can't think of one successful individual who has not had to deal with rejection/pain/difficulties in order to succeed.

#34 ·
-Ketamine, I have a prescription for this & this can reduce if anxiety quite a bit when using the spray. By injection, it completely wipes out any & all anxiety, social anxiety, self consciousness & inhibition. So confidence is 100%, the issue is the nausea is *really bad*, unless you fast & I have huge appettite because of athletic pursuits so its not an option. It also lasts maybe 90-100 minutes.
did your doctor give you a prescription for ketamine for anxiety? Or was it for pain or something else? My doctor is really good, but I'm wondering if this would cross the line for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.