X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 11-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default neurontin + wellbutrin combo

anyone tried this?

I would think this would kick *** because neurontin increases dopamine production + gaba levels thus canceling out the anxiogenic effect wellbutrin has. right?

I started this combo today without consulting my pdoc...so hopefully it works out

so far so good
martyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

my grandma has taken this combination for years, and from what i can see, it is working very well. shes one of the least depressed, most intelligent people i know. however, i know she does take something for insomnia (maybe caused by Wellbutrin).....lol..i mean i guess it works for her...

Gabapentin does raise GABA levels...and it also blocks some glutamate release (presumably). I don't know if Gabapentin (neurontin) raises dopamine, but Wellbutrin does. I think this combination would work quite well....i actually have both of these meds right now, i would certainly try them, if i didn't have OCD and if i wasn't on an MAOI.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

WOW. its day 2.... I HIGHLY recommend this combo. my SA is history
Old 11-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

you know maybe once i get offa parnate, i might give this Combo a try, since u say it works
Old 11-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Definitely. if you respond well to neurontin alone, id recommend this. For me, neurontin alone is nice, but it doesnt give me the kick in the *** that i need to wanna be social and talk more. wellbutrin seems to do a good job of that
Old 11-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

much like a benzo+stimulant combo but not quite as good
Old 11-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyboi View Post
much like a benzo+stimulant combo but not quite as good
yeah...neurontin was nice. but it wasn't stimulating, just helped with anxiety. yeah...i also agree Wellbutrin isnt as good as stimulants for increasing social drive, but it still helps significantly.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sounds like an excellent combo. I'm very curious about neurontin. I think the chances of me getting it prescribed are much higher than a benzo here in the uk.

Medications: Propranalol, Valium, Prozac, Celexa, Paxil, Zoloft, Roboxetine, Effexor, Mirtazapine.

Current status: Depressed and looking for a solution.
RockiNToM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockiNToM View Post
Sounds like an excellent combo. I'm very curious about neurontin. I think the chances of me getting it prescribed are much higher than a benzo here in the uk.
oh..definetly man. dude, neurontin, in my opionion has gotta be one of the easiest things you could try to get from a doc. Lyrica (just stronger neurontin) would be harder 2 get. but dude, tons of docs are familiar with it, at least here in the US,...it kinda like one of those prescribe for anything meds that can help with alot of stuff, but its weak in the normal doses used. you gotta take at least like 200-300 mg to get an effect....i know some people who take 1800mg a day. its just like a mild GABAergic, with slight euphoria and good anti-anxiety effects. cool substance.

its prescribed for pain mostly, but anxiety, OCD, bipolar, and tonsa other stuff it can help. my grandma takes it for pain and says it works great
Old 09-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

I know this is an old topic but I am very interested to know about any experiences with this combo. I may have to give this a try. Are you still taking this combo martyboi?
El Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

I was thinking of a similar combo the other day. Wellbutrin + Baclofen.
I also have some gabapentine at home. I ll try both.

Also this combo is good cause although wellbutrin increases the seizure threashhold, gabapentin is used for treatment of seizures. So it offers you some kind of protection.

My current speed of high is 20mg per hour
karoloydi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Default Neurontin n Celexa

I am on Celexa and taking Neurontin (1800 mg per day for pain) and the Neruontin really really puts the weight on. Can't mentally handle that.
geoffycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyboi View Post
anyone tried this?

I would think this would kick *** because neurontin increases dopamine production + gaba levels thus canceling out the anxiogenic effect wellbutrin has. right?

I started this combo today without consulting my pdoc...so hopefully it works out

so far so good
Maybe also neurontin + provigil could be a very effective combo. If I try I will report the results.
feelalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:14 AM   #14 (permalink)

Agreed on the Neurontin and Wellbutrin combo. I have both meds and when I have to do something social and stressful like job interviews or talking to hot girls I always take about 1,200 mg of Neurontin on top of my Wellbutrin 150 SR (I might even throw in a Adderall or 2) and it always makes me WAY more outgoing.