Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Nardil questions

219K views 751 replies 170 participants last post by  joost78 
#1 ·
I've been on nardil for about 13 months. I am totally symptom free of SA!!!

I come back to these forums to help push people to try nardil. Unfortunately it has a bad reputation for harsh side effects (I experience none) and bad food drug interactions, which are very easy to avoid.

I have probably been PMed by around 10 people concerning nardil, I only come on this forum to give advice and help out now.

Please feel free to contact me when any questions of Nardil- dosing, side effects, anything!! I know how bad dealing with SA sucks and controls your life, so I want to pass on any knowledge that could help those who currently take nardil or are considering it!!!

NOTE: WHEN STARTING NARDIL START AT 15MG AND INCREASE DOSAGE BY 15MG EACH WEEK UNTIL YOU REACH 60MG!!! A HUGE MISTAKE PEOPLE MAKE IS STARTING AT A HIGHER DOSE. YOUR DOCTOR MIGHT WANT YOU TO START HIGHER BUT PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND SLOWLY WORK UP YOUR DOSAGE!!! YOU MUST GIVE YOUR BODY TIME TO ADJUST!!! THIS IS KEY!!!!

Once again, contact with me to ask any questions, I would love to help!!!

You won't be bothering me at all. I get on this forums a couple times a week so I might not answer your message right away but I will get to it!!

Good luck to all!!!

-mr t

Updated info by request***

wikipedia has a pretty good summary on nardil, mechanism of action etc..

Nardil has interaction with B6 which can lower B6 levels. B6 is critical in neurotransmitter synthesis and feeling good over all.

**I recommend supplementing a good multivitamin daily, possibly B complex but the multivitamin should provide adequate B vitamins
. Also supplementing ~2000-3000 IU of Vitamin D is great for mood. Even if you are getting plenty of sunlight, according to studies there is a trend in lower Vitamin D levels and depression. Vitamin D is also crucial for NT synthesis. I supplement vitamin D, get plenty of sunlight, and still actually had a deficiency when I got a blood test!!

As for daytime fatigue: supplementing these vitamins can definitely help. Try drinking some coffee also, i found that has helped me alot. Hypotension-lowered blood pressure- is a common cause of fatigue while on nardil. You can get a cheap BP cuff at any local drug store to check your BP levels. For hypotension, drinking plenty of water daily can help increase your blood pressure, as well as increased salt in diet.

For persistent daytime fatigue: If you are on nardil for a while and fatigue is not getting better, talk to your doctor and consider trying provigil/nuvigil(modafinil/armodafinil). They are unique stimulants that destroy fatigue, do not have too bad of a crash, and importantly never greatly increased my anxiety. I prefer nuvigil over provigil, because it is the isolated R-isomer of provigil which is thought to provide most of the benefits of the drug. Nuvigil gave me less headaches, less anxiety, and less unwanted stimulatory affects such as high heart rate.

**It has been stated by my doctor by an efficacy report he made that there is a 60% percent chance patients will greatly respond to either Nardil or Parnate. Nardil seems the obvious choice first when treating SA. Basically MAOIs are a great option.

Many worry about the food interactions. The list of food interactions needs to be updated because it is way overhyped. I can eat most of what is actually on the list. Be careful though and if you are trying something that is prohibited but has been shown to be fine to eat, just eat a little bit and see how you feel.

**For me, my diet has not changed really at all. I mainly avoid very aged cheeses such as blue cheese. I can eat cheddar, provologne, mozzerella, jack etc.. Avoid AGED BEERS, ESPECIALLY TAP BEER. I drink plenty of beer, which i dont recommend doing anyway, but i make sure they arent too aged like some microbrews can be. Start slow at first anyway. Also avoiding aged meats like pepperoni and others. Pepperoni on chain pizzas and most others are fine. I eat pizza all the time, no problems.

Further questions of food interactions, PM me.

The drug interactions like cold medicines are much more severe and can be life threatening. These are obviously very easy to avoid.

See less See more
#44 ·
Yea blakelyz has a point about lower NE being source of fatigue. Thats also attributable to increased GABA transmission because it helps limit the stimulatory NTs being released.

However, if you add modanifil it will boost your NE and also importantly your dopamine release. Both of these effects should greatly benefit you.

I wish I could send you some of my nuvigil lol... I'm aware of the online market but I've never had to buy from there being that my dad is a psych.

Do you have any family or friends of family with an MD? They dont need to be a psych to prescribe you medication. Just have an honest discussion with them and that you are trying to get a psych appointment, its taking forever, and that you are feeling pretty desperate at the moment. Maybe you can find a short term solution through that route.

BTW what manufacturer of nardil are you using? The nardil I use is from Gavis Pharm. I've tried the Greenstone brand when my pharmacy was refilling once and I was not crazy about it at all.

#45 ·
For some reason when i add NE effecting meds it makes my hypotension work. I'e tried nortputyline, reboxetine and bupripion and they made it a lot worse.

I tried some pseudoephedrine a couple nights a go to see if it would get my heart pumping a bit harder but it made me faint and i've pulled two tendons in my hand now :p oops.

#50 ·
For some reason when i add NE effecting meds it makes my hypotension work. I'e tried nortputyline, reboxetine and bupripion and they made it a lot worse.

I tried some pseudoephedrine a couple nights a go to see if it would get my heart pumping a bit harder but it made me faint and i've pulled two tendons in my hand now :p oops.
Thats crazy!!

Weird that NE drugs didnt raise pressure. Its pretty common sense that NE activates the sympathetic nervous system etc... What NE drug did you try?

#46 ·
Hey mr.t what was your experience like on the Greenstone version? Ive had great success on the Pfizer brand in the past and am currently on Greenstone which is a generic owned by pfizer(which they werent making last time I was on Nardil) . Im currently on 15mg once day and have been on for 3 months cause my pdoc want to take it slow. Will soon be increased. Do you think i should switch to Gavis?

#48 ·
I've read plenty of reviews about the different versions of Nardil when I first started. I generally saw better reviews from people taking Gavis. I'm not sure why it would be more effective but the discussion was pretty much Greenstone vs. Gavis. Gavis definitely came out on top. People were having less issues with it and more positive effects.

A while ago i looked up the ingredients in each and I believe Gavis was most similar to the old nardil.

I would switch to Gavis if it was me. I've tried the Greenstone for one refill and its effects seemed different. Its really weird how these generics can differ like that but they only have to be a certain percent purity to be approved.

Glad you are taking it slow. Good decision!

If you want to switch to Gavis it shouldnt be an issue. My pharmacy called in Greenstone that one time and I specifically told them I preferred Gavis, they always call the right one in now.

Hope that helps.

#54 ·
beta-blockers + stimulants can supposedly raise your BP really high through beta-blockade without corresponding alpha blockade, so theoretically the reverse could lower your blood pressure I guess. This stuff is so complicated you pretty much just have to try it and see what happens.

#55 ·
I'm in my 10th week at 60 mg, broken up into 3 doses at mealtime. My last refill was generic and I feel as if all the sides and the main effect of the med have decreased substantially in this last week. I was feeling deeply depressed and getting really bad myoclonic jerks, which reminded me of the first half of my last cycle, a cycle that ended with nardil working pretty well for 4 days. Maybe I'm just getting used to the med and sort of plateauing, or maybe this generic is less pure. What do you think?

#66 ·
It shouldnt be plateauing. Generally the benefits keep increasing for up to a year or more. Hopefully it was just a bad week... If you keep getting those jerks often consider going down to 45mg for a bit and see if that helps.

Sometimes a different dosage can make a big difference. I'm only on 45mg and wouldnt consider going up to 60mg again because I think i do better on this dosage. See how you do next week. BTW do you take a multivitamin/b complex/ or vitamin d? All those are critical in neurotransmitter synthesis, especially b6 which can be lowered by taking nardil.

#68 ·
I dont have too much to say about it. Basically I had been on Gavis version for a while and when i tried the Greenstone version it really threw my mood off. Just didnt feel right, and i quickly switched back to Gavis, things settled back to normal and I have not tried Greenstone since. Wish i had more experience with it to tell u!!

#57 ·
Maybe we should edit the 1st post and include some great Nardil links to summarize some of the questions being asked (pubmed). Things like B6, daytime fatigue, efficacy reports and so on. A lot of good ideas/info gets lost in a thread this big.

#58 ·
Hi mr t :) I have a question about taking b6 with Nardil. I've read that it's best if you space it 12 hours away from the time you take Nardil. I was just wondering how you do implement that when taking your pills throughout the day instead of one dose. Say if you're on 60mg and you take two in the morning and two at night, where do you fit b6 in? Does it really matter? Also, what is the best form to take? I've heard talk about p5p.

Also, I wonder if taking b6 is helpful when it comes to maintaining a steady weight. Since it's responsible for processing carbohydrates and glucose, could that be why a person that's deficient craves sugars and carbs? I'm deficient now and I'm tired all the time and my weight fluctuates because my food isn't being converted to energy. I've noticed that the people that have NOT gained weight on Nardil are also the ones that supplement with b6 so I'm just curious about your thoughts on this. Thanks again as always :)

#69 ·
When i first started supplementing B vitamins i had read the same things and spaced them out further away. Eventually i tried taking them just whenever, if it was with breakfast or lunch. I dont recall telling a huge difference. Try supplementing a B complex at different times of the day and see if you can tell a difference. Everyones different so see what works for you.

I would use a B complex, you can just get that at walmart. I recommend taking a complex without a huge amount of B6 since it interacts with Nardil. Basically what im saying is done buy some B6 pills themselves, take a b complex that has everything you need. Supplement a multivitamin as well. I've tried taking B6 at 100mg/day by itself. I definitely thought there were benefits but actually ended up preferring a complex instead. If the complex isnt doing great things you could try ordering B6 by itself. Its hard to differentiate what did what since I tried a ton of things a while back lol.

Whatever the case, B6 is crucial to GABA synthesis which is one of the main mechanisms nardil works for helping SA.

I definitely tell a difference when it comes to nardil if i take it on an empty stomach or not. I think i get a bigger dopamine boost from nardil taking it without food.

B vitamins are huge for metabolism, brain function, NT synthesis among other things.

Hmm to your point about carb cravings.. I'm not really sure if B vitamins do help with that. Whatever the case, when i use B complex it generally curbs my appetite some and stimulates my brain. Like i can focus more etc..

Eating carbs generally feeds more carb cravings. So if you can cut down on carbs a bit and eat more protein with your meals, that should cut down cravings some.

#60 ·
If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful.

I have had constant tinnitus (ears ringing) for 4 days now. It's driving me crazy!
I checked my blood pressure today and it was 109/80 so I believe that's normal. I had to walk to the chemist so I don't know if that made a difference.
I feel like something is wrong though because I can't think properly (started around same time as tinnitus). For example I'm struggling to do basic maths equations but I got decent marks in physics/maths in High school. It's kind of worrying me to be honest..

#62 ·
Whoa, your talk about NRI's is really good news to me! I feared this would be an absolute no-no on Nardil..

Anyone know if a lower dose of bupropion (150 mg) and modafinil (400 mg) can be combined with Nardil (60 mg)?

I have severe ADHD and modafinil and bupropion are pretty much irreplaceable for me, but as I suffer from atypical depression and social anxiety I'm really curious to trying Nardil..

#64 ·
Mr.T did you use Nardil for real serious depression as well? Because it definitely works on anxiety for me, it's not 100% yet, but its still easily the best med of them all @ 45 mg. But for depression I want it to do so much more..

#65 ·
I would like to know this too, also does Nardil numb you much? I would like to feel negative feelings still, just not be so overwhelmed and frozen by them as my brain feels its always running at 200 mph, the stimulating parnate doesn't help it slow down :( (although at higher doses it seemed to help more paradoxically).

current meds:
Parnate 30mg (max I can get rxed)
Buprenorphine 1.2mg (fast-tapering to zero)

#71 ·
I should of done this earlier:

I'm going to list what I take daily as in medications, vitamins, supplements, etc.

I added lyrica to my regimen last November. i started nardil may 2011. I probably added nuvigil soon after lyrica.

I found that both boosted positive effects of Nardil. Both mood and anxiety were greatly improved!! Nuvigil helped mood alot and made me very social with great dopamine boost. Lyrica with nardil kills anxiety IMO.

AM:
Nardil 45mg-empty stomach as soon as i wake up, find i get a better dopamine boost
2 cups of coffee- i def think coffee helps with mood and energy
Nuvigil(armodafinil)75mg-i used to take regularly, helped mood alot, big dopamine boost, now i just take it when i study or am really tired. Absolutely destroys fatigue

Afternoon:
Multivitamin/sometimes with B complex- take with food
Vitamin D- 2000 IU: great for mood, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

PM:
Lyrica: 50mg-great for anxiety and mood, especially on nardil
Lorazepam:.5mg-1mg- for sleep, i've had sleep problems before i took nardil. Lorazepam puts me to sleep, lyrica helps keep me asleep.
ZMA 3 pills: ZMA=zinc magnesium aspartate. ZMA is the most bioavailable form of magnesium you can get.ZMA helps me sleep, it also helps keep me from getting a dopamine burnout if i am taking nuvigil too frequently. Ive found it helpful for anxiety, sleep, and mood.

It seems like alot, but hey i feel better now than i have in my whole life. I really believe i owe it to finally finding the right mix of meds, vitamins, etc...

#74 ·
I completely messed up when I said I've been on nardil for 10 weeks, it has actually only been like 6. So I guess it makes more sense that I feel like a fiery bag full of crap.

Anyway -- the questions! I take 60 mg of nardil and I've been at this dose for about 3 weeks; I had started at 45. I usually break it up into 3 doses, one around each meal. Usually I feel slightly calmer and chiller by the 3rd dose, but this is late in the day. Should I change things? How should I break this up?

Did you notice any kind of cyclic effectiveness early on? (shyone seemed to in his testimony)

Easier: How much vitamin B and D and when?

Thanks.

#77 ·
Try taking your doses earlier in the day if you feel better onces its all in your system. It usually takes a couple hours to kick in and feel it. When i took 60mg i took 30mg in AM with breakfast and then the second 30mg after lunch.

Now I take all my 45mg at once on empty stomach when i wake up. I feel like this dosage is more effective for me when i take it without food.

Anyhow, i would suggest splitting the doses in half in AM and after lunch. Give that a shot and see if you notice a difference after a while.

Hmm i dont think i noticed any "cyclic" effectiveness. Once the anxiety benefits started they slowly and continually got better. Yea im sure i had some ups and downs with anxiety at the time, that might be what hes referring to. But the general trend was definitely anxiety and depression improving.

Vitamins:

For B vitamins I would just take a quality multivitamin/maybe add a B complex also. Sometimes i take in the morning, but usually after lunch. Definitely take it with food, atleast for me I can get some nausea if i take it on empty stomach. Taking it with food eliminates that problem.

Vitamin D i would take 2000-3000 IUs daily. Doesnt matter when you take it. Ive taken it different times of the day. Its a fat soluble vitamin so it takes time to accumulate in your body. Definitely dont take much because your body stores in fat, and if you have too much you will keep accumulating it and having too much can cause problems. At that dosage you wont have an issue. Just dont go downing a handful of it. I think i used to take 6000 IUs a day. I did that for a while, never had any problems and it might of helped get my blood levels up faster. Once i saw my new doc he told me to back down the dose which i did.

#75 ·
Hello!
Sorry if my English is bad, just ask if u dont understand, my grammar is also bad.
Hehe, anyway, im from Sweden, and we dont have so much science about this drug in sweden.. So the first i did was to start to take one tablet, and then i read the TOC that you have to go on the diet in two weeks, so i was very affraid for the crise you can get with Nardil, but everything was fine. And i eat the diet in two weeks, then yesterday i start with Nardil. My doc told me to begin with 2X15 i thought it was too little, so i start with 3X15... but now when i read what you wrote here about to start with low dose. maybe i should trap down?
I have SA as you, maybe i should go up to 60 each day too? My doc dont know how i should take this, maybe someone can give me some advice?

btw... is milk, bread, potatoes, wipped cream, ice-cream okey to eat?
And Can i eat Mc Donalds?

Kind regards !!

#78 ·
I would listen to your doctor and stay at 30mg for 2 weeks and then start thinking about bumping up your dose. You definitely dont want to rush into a high dose. Go back to 30mg and follow what your doctor tells you.

Take the 30mg for 2 weeks, then go up to 45mg for 2 weeks. If you are having side effects you can take a little longer on whatever dose you are on. Then after 45mg for 2-3 weeks I would go up to 60mg and stay at that dose. You need to slowly work your way up though. Thats pretty important.

All of those foods you listed are fine to eat. Yes can you eat Mcdonalds haha.

#80 ·
Just my personal opinion but I think rushing up dose to quick and the effect that has on blood pressure is counter productive to benefits from MAOI. I rushed up to quick and my heart rate was dropping down to the 40's after dose and when I when I cut it back to 30mg I started getting the Parnate " buzz " which has an anti-depressant effect in itself.

Gilmour are you still getting dreams ? I have read some theory's at dr-bob that not having dreams could be considered a sign that sufficient MAO inhibition has been reached. I think it was actually DR bob himself who said that...
Also apparently memory is consolidated in REM sleep

#81 ·
My dreaming has reduced significantly for about a week now. I still dream, but I don't remember them that well and they aren't vivid or crazy. Though I haven't officially STOPPED dreaming yet. Might be that its still a bit of a low dose or that it hasn't been long enough just yet.

It's actually been 35 days, I started Nardil 45 mg on the 7th of July. So exactly 5 weeks.

#84 ·
Anxiety symptoms continue to get better! I don't know how, but it has been obliterating my physical anxiety issues for the last 2 weeks.

Mood still is blah. Really need help with motivation, and somehow developing interest/genuine happiness again.

To week 12 we go on 45 mg! I think it really is paying off with keeping the dose the same! My anxiety has never been this good ever. Well it was before I became half crazy, but y'know in the last 18 months it hasn't been this good. It's real good.

#85 ·
I'm having a similar experience Gilmour. I'm starting to worry less and less about being nervous with people and starting to just enjoy talking to them. There are still some situations that scare the balls off me: talking to hot women for one. But, overall I'm starting to feel much better. I'm at 60 mg and have been for a few weeks. The main side effects at this point are trouble urinating, constipation, less sleep (not a big problem), trouble exercising, and, the BIG one, massively decreased libido and anorgasmia. I just am not half as excited about the prospect of sex. At first it was liberating, but I'm starting to miss my occasional horniness. Oh well, I hope it changes.

Hey, Mr t, how long after you start feeling good should you play with the dose? I mean everyone who has succeeded long term with nardil seems to mention occasionally dropping the dose then raising it back up to maintain efficacy. What process did/do you use?

#87 ·
Your libido should improve..The from what ive heard about staying at 60mg for inorgasmia is that it could take a couple months to get better.

There is a drug i used at one point to help with urination etc.. Its a cholingeric drug, ill try to find the name of it. No side effects at all. When i had trouble taking a piss i could go pretty easily with in 30 mins of taking it.

I was probably on it for 3-4 months before i dropped the dose to 45mg. But at that point i was feeling great with anxiety and mood. I was talking all the time in class, asking questions in from of a whole auditorium of ppl.

If your SA symptoms are improving i would stay at 60mg for a while longer and try to acheive the max benefits from that dose. Get yourself feeling better before you worry about inorgasmia and libido. Those can be taken care of later. Theres not much point in getting hard if youre not able to engage with woman right now... i know it sucks to have sexual side effects. I had post ssri sexual dysfunction for probably 2 years. Ugh, miserable. But its not the same deal with nardil bc of the NE and dopamine increased tranmission as well as serotonin when comparing it to ssris.

I initially dropped the dose bc my doctor was worried about my blood pressure being so low. Even though it was low, i rarely ever had hypotension. After i dropped to 45mg i was already feeling good, but at 45mg i had no inorgasmia, sleep got better. I always had my libido tho, but that could be due to being in a relationship at the time. That definitely helps, as well as improved mood in general.

How long have you been taking nardil, at what doses, etc?

Are you wanted to drop the dose to do a maintenance dose or is this mostly about fixing the side effects?

Ive posted before that a way many ppl fix their libido, inorgasmia problems is dropping down to 45mg for a couple weeks and the inorgasmia usually goes away at that point. Then when you bump back to 60mg you dont get the sexual side effects. Its weird, but this trick worked for me and ive also heard of others have success that way.

If i were you i would stay at 60mg for now until you maximize benefits. Benefits from nardil generally continue to keep getting better and better, up to a year or more at a pretty fast rate once you initially see improvements in mood/anxiety. After that time it continues to improve but at a slower rate in my experience and what my doctor has told me.

I truly feel that im still getting better and better socially and other aspects of life that SA had made difficult for me to engage in.

Once i came down to 45mg i have stay here for the most part. Initially if i ever needed a mood boost i might bump up to 60mg for a couple days or more but then drop back down to 45mg. Sexual problems never reoccurred. 45mg has been great for me so i dont see a reason in going back up. The less drugs, the better IMO.

#88 ·
Hi Mr. T, I'm very new to this forum and was hoping you could answer some questions I have, since that's the reason you started this thread :)

I guess I'll start with some background ... I'm a 23 year old female, SA/GA and panic attacks due to PTSD from a near fatal cocaine overdose 5 years ago ... Currently on Nortriptyline (50mgs/day) and right now it's not helping whatsoever. I also have Klonopin(.5mgs) which I'm supposed to take "as needed" but lately as needed is always.

I've been on Nortriptyline for over a year, and at one time I was up to 100mgs and it was really helping, so much so that I had my doctor cut my Klonopin script in half (to save money since I didn't need the whole thing). I was able to do almost anything without having to worry about anxiety or panic attacks, or if I did have a panic attack it simply wasn't that big a deal. I've since regressed in my SA/GA and panic attacks, tried Zoloft in place of the Nortriptyline because I thought maybe the regression had something to so with the drug not working anymore. Hated the Zoloft so went back to Nortriptyline.

In the past I've tried Cymbalta which I liked, but had to switch to Nortriptyline when my doc ran out of samples, and was fine with the switch. Also Prozac - hated the sexual side effects, Wellbutrin - first one I tried, increased my anxiety so much after the first dose I refused to take another. If there were others I tried them for less than a month, and obviously didn't help. Only tried Klonpin as a benzo and prefer it over Xanax, taken Ativan recreationally before I developed SA/GA/PA.

Because of my awful insurance I can only go to this counseling center that is filled with a few people like us, trying to find real help, and the rest are drug seekers, or actual crazy people (I've seen someone straight jacketed there). When I say awful I mean I've been trying to get a new appointment with a new doctor for 3 months to change my medicine because I'm a g*ddamn wreak. Popping Klonpin all throughout the day, drinking just to calm myself down, which I'm embarrassed to say. Thinking I need a trip to the hospital, that's how worked up I get. Like most people on here, I'm just looking for some help.

So after all that, my question is - Do you think Nardil + BusPar would be right for me? I mention the BusPar because I see a lot of complaints about sexual side effects, and that seems to counteract those effects and helps with the panic. Sexual side effects are one thing I really don't like to tolerate, I know nobody really wants to endure them, but that's a huge part of my life that I don't want changed because of this god awful affliction. Also, in regard to the side effects, which ones subside over time, and how long does it usually take?
Thank you for any help you can give me!
-Veronica

#92 ·
Really the sexual side effects of Nardil are overhyped. Most ppl start getting inorgasmia at 60mg which goes away most of the time after a couple months. Generally nardil does not have a negative effect on libido, though there are some cases, its nothing like an SSRI.

I had ssri sexual dysfunction and it lasted for years after being off the meds. Talk about horrible. Took me forever to start nardil bc i was scared of sexual side effects. I got inorgasmia at 60mg but i ended up dropping down to 45mg for other reasons and all the side effects went away.

I wouldnt really add buspar with nardil bc nardil already has plenty of serotonin activity. What keeps nardil from having terrible sexual dysfunction is that you are always increasing NE and dopamine transmission which are important for libido (sex drive). Basically if you do get some inorgasmia on nardil u can adjust dose or augment with something to get rid of it. It wont be a huge deal.

Nardil can give some ppl fatigue, that generally subsides. It can also cause insomnia, which i had already had a problem with before i took nardil. Insomnia was probably the worst part but sleep meds easily took care of that for me. It seems that it takes a while for insomnia to subside if you do have that problem and stay at high dose. Now at 45mg i dont really have any sleep problems.

Hope i answered what you needed!!! Feel free to follow up with more questions!

#91 ·
Hi Mr T,

I've been having a hard time sending private messages on the site. Anyways, just a few questions about Lyrica, first, does it cause you any adverse side effects at all at 50 - 100 mgs per day? Also, I'm amazed that only 50 mg of Lyrica is so effective for you. Now I'm thinking most likely that 50mg by itself wouldn't do much good but I guess it's because you're taking it in conjunction with Nardil that it's so effective? Thanks, Mr T!

#94 ·
It can increase ppls appetites and cause weight gain. I never had a problem with this and dont think its a huge deal at these lower doses for most ppl. Lyrica is primarily prescribed for fibromyalgia or chronic pain and they take 300-500mg/day. Thats when side effects get ugly. I would stay at a lower dose, thats prob all youll need anyway if your taking it with nardil.

Yea i had taken lyrica before without nardil and it helped my anxiety out but it just wasnt enough.

Now taken nardil with lyrica is a whole different ball game. Serious anxiety relief.

At 100mg i was probably a little groggier than i am now at 50mg. Anyways i always drink couple cups of coffee in the morning and my mind clears and im ready to go.

At first when you take lyrica with nardil, at 100mg like the first night, it really knocked my socks off and i was just out. BEST SLEEP OF MY LIFE haha. You adjust to it quickly tho and dont get knocked out like that. Maybe the first couple nights at 100mg. I would start lower than that anyways.

I would definitely use the lowest effective dose tho. I was on 75mg at first and it was kicking in but i thought if i went to 100mg the benefits would set in faster. After i was having great anxiety relief at 100mg, i dropped back to 75mg, then to 50mg.

The less medicine you can take and be effective is always a good thing!!

#95 ·
I took Nardil for about 18 months in 1991 and 1992. During that time, I had little or no SA. So what's the problem then? People said I was very rude and nasty on Nardil, i.e. it changed my personality in a bad way. I lost at least one friend whom I never got back. Does this sound familiar or was my reaction odd?

#100 ·
I havent ever heard of it making ppl more aggressive or anything like that..But everyone has different brain chemistry and maybe it caused that to happen.

Could it be possible that after it got rid of your SA, do you think that you were kind of still caught in a negative thought cycle or or had anger/emotion built up about having to deal with SA before? Its possible that you had alot of negative emotions built up from dealing with SA/or depression but never got to really express them because of the anxiety. Then it kind of flooded out?

Of course this theory is merely a shot in the dark, i dont know you personally or what you have been through. Its just a scenario that crossed my mind when i read your post. I'm no therapist/psychologist....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.