Originally Posted by ilem
Regarding the dietary restrictions, my diet currently consists mostly of frozen food such as pizza, milk, bread and so on. Would such a diet pose a threat while on Nardil? I'm especially wondering about pizza and pepperoni in general (from major retailers) as there's loads of conflicting reports regarding whether it's safe to eat it or not.
I have gone on red wine benders while eating cheese platters, never ever had a problem with hypertension with nardil - even dexamophetamine produced hypotension - go figure.
I drink huge amounts of coffee, constantly chew nicotine gum (which somehow boosts the nardil)
Only time something happened was when I experimented with a small amount of meth - Dont do it - not smart.
What has helped me limit the side effects with Nardil.
(1) Avoid Dairy and pastry type dishs. Definetly make bloating worse as does diet drinks like pepsi max.
(2) Go to the Gym - Do a small amount of cardio as a warm up but focus your efforts on weight training, in particular - circuit weight training.
Circuit weight training keeps you heart rate up and gives the weight training a cardio componant and really helps to burn off fat.
Putting on muscle will not only use up some of the extra food you consume due to nardil increasing your appatite, putting on extra muscle will improve your posture, general appearence and the extra muscle increases your BMR so you burn more energy even while sitting around, something cardio doesnt do for you, in fact too much cardio will reduce your muscle mass and lower your BMR
(3) Eat enough - not enough food makes your BMR drop encouraging your body to burn less energy and store fat. It is the biggest mistake all dieters make
(4) Dont eat **** - I mean it, you just have to accept that if your eating processed calorie dense food like chocolate, soft drinks, breakfast cerials, potato chips and general junk - your going to put on weight. When I grocery shop I NEVER buy junk - EVER! If its in the house I know I will eat it. If I desperetly want something sweet I have to walk to the corner store, its enough to slow me down so I dont lapse too often.
But lots of fruit - it helps to get you through the periods between meals.
(5) Do some exercise every day - If you cant face the gym, just a walk will do.
I still have a belly and I am still 10kg over weight but it keeps it under control.
Because I have big muscles it improves my confidence and and takes the focus off my belly.
This applies just as much to girls. Girls dont get seriously muscley with weight training - they do get a lot stronger though. Dont be scared of looking butch, if you look in the mirror one day and dont like the size of your muscles, it only takes a couple of weeks to shrink down. But it wont happen, trust me