Nardil making me feel awful - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Trying to remember normal

Nardil making me feel awful

Hi all, I have had to make this thread because I have not been able to find anythinelse on the forum of people feeling like I do on Nardil.
I'm on my 6th dose of 45mg and every day I just feel horrible on it, I feel high but not in a good way. I have no energy. My pupils are tiny. The feelings are similar to how I felt once the days after an overdose and this worries me.

Do I need to stop taking this med? or do i just need to chill and let it get into my system.

It's got so bad now where I don't think I should even drive my car now. I stumble about. It takes me ages to write stuff online as I have to keep checking my spelling for the frequent mistake. I just totally feel on edge and unwell at the moment.

I don't want to give up on this and won't because i want to get well, just need to know this is not unusual and it will pass.

Thanks to anyone who replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 11:40 AM
SAS Member

Are you on day 6 in total or have you been on it a while and just increased the dose to 45mg?

If you are on day 6 in total then I would say it is very early days and some side effects usually occur before any benefits - that is true for most antidepressants.

Perhaps also 45mg is too high for a starting dose... or just too high for you full stop. Could you take a bit less until it gets into your system a bit more?
post #3 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 11:45 AM
Bitter and disillusioned

It might be low blood pressure.

I know that it's not uncommon for people to experience severe hypotension when starting Nardil. @UltraShy had severe hypotension when starting Nardil, will see if I can find his thread.

Here's a thread discussing Nardil hypotension from 2014:

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...nsion-1280562/

I've never taken Nardil so I'm unsure of how quickly you're supposed to up the dosage but perhaps you could drop it down until the worst of the start up effects pass. Start low and go slow works for me with antidepressants to lessen the side effects but I've never tried MAOIs.

post #4 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 11:52 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
Hi all, I have had to make this thread because I have not been able to find anythinelse on the forum of people feeling like I do on Nardil.
I'm on my 6th dose of 45mg and every day I just feel horrible on it, I feel high but not in a good way. I have no energy. My pupils are tiny. The feelings are similar to how I felt once the days after an overdose and this worries me.

Do I need to stop taking this med? or do i just need to chill and let it get into my system.

It's got so bad now where I don't think I should even drive my car now. I stumble about. It takes me ages to write stuff online as I have to keep checking my spelling for the frequent mistake. I just totally feel on edge and unwell at the moment.

I don't want to give up on this and won't because i want to get well, just need to know this is not unusual and it will pass.

Thanks to anyone who replies.
6 days is very early but 45mg is too high to start IMO. Some might be ok with it but you should probably drop to 30mg. When I try nardil I took 15mg for 4 days then 30 gor one week.
post #5 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 11:59 AM
Bitter and disillusioned

Here's Ultrashy's hypotension thread:

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...story-1541570/
post #6 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Hi all, I took 2 days at 15, 1 day at 30 then am so far on 45mg for 6 days.

I just poured some salt into a glass with hot water and drunk it, vile but im hoping maybe the salt will help.
I feel abit cold in my chest so wondering if these feelings are low blood pressure.

Thanks for all the replies, I will go read that thread by shy one now.
post #7 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:36 PM
SAS Member

Location: all alone yo, no one around and all i can hear is this ****ed up sound.
My Mood: Psychedelic
I feel so lucky - I got zero side effects from nardil, never ever have done. Sorry, you probably didnt want to hear that !

I never worked a day in my life, I just lay back and let the big beat lead me

post #8 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC01 View Post
I feel so lucky - I got zero side effects from nardil, never ever have done. Sorry, you probably didnt want to hear that !
Rub it in why don't ya? hahaha, kidding.

I think i will maybe try 30mg first thing then 15 early afternoon as I have noticed that when its time to go to sleep arounf 1am I feel pretty much ok. still wobbly when i get up but the feelings which i have all day of feeling ill are gone.
post #9 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:55 PM
SAS Member

I think you ramped up the dose too quickly. What did your doctor suggest (plus how did you manage to get a prescription for it)?
post #10 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:59 PM
SAS Member

You could be having MAOI induced mania/irritability. I recommend getting off of it. Go to a top psychiatrist if you believe your issues are complex and chronic with a long history.

This medication can cause intense OCD like symptoms. Initially you will get sleepy. This is why you should start with taking one tablet per day for a few days, then two, and finally two + one.
post #11 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 01:17 PM
SAS Member

Yeh, give it some time. Try 30mg for awhile longer before going to 45mg especially if you already feel like crap. If you stick it out then things should start to balance out. If it works for you, then you'll be glad you gave it a try. When I jump up in dose too quickly I get intense side effects. I hate waiting for meds to kick in but with Nardil it is better to take it slow so you have success with it. For me, I would give at least a 7-10 days per 15mg increase. Give it a chance!
post #12 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKguy View Post
I think you ramped up the dose too quickly. What did your doctor suggest (plus how did you manage to get a prescription for it)?
Doc said take 3 a day. that was it. I just asked for it, she looked in her book and prescribed it.

I'm glad she did. I always research stuff myself before requesting something. I had 3 suggestions which i thought might be a good shot at helping, my first choice was hydroxyzine, 2nd was Nardil and 3rd was buspirone.

The instructions i got from the pharmacist was to take 3 daily also....oh and to keep it in the fridge.
post #13 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza707 View Post
Yeh, give it some time. Try 30mg for awhile longer before going to 45mg especially if you already feel like crap. If you stick it out then things should start to balance out. If it works for you, then you'll be glad you gave it a try. When I jump up in dose too quickly I get intense side effects. I hate waiting for meds to kick in but with Nardil it is better to take it slow so you have success with it. For me, I would give at least a 7-10 days per 15mg increase. Give it a chance!

Thanks, im kinda looking at that feeling this ****e means its going to work lol
post #14 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Quick update on how i'm feeling.
I only took 30mg yesterday, still felt crappy after each dose so decided to just go back to 45mg and deal with it.
Been taking vit b complex every night before bed and vit e when i wake up.

I think I turned the corner ever so slightly today. Just something feels different. I'm still wobbly and not feeling great but I feel like there is a warm haze in my head (only way i can describe it).

When I woke up this morning I felt depressed, literally felt like I was going to burst into tears and just thought whats the point of all this. you know.

I look at this as a sign it's starting to work, from experience i always used to feel truy fed up when a med was starting to do something.

Hoping by the end of this week my body will be used to the dosing and I can function as a human been abit more.

Today is day 8 of my nardil experience.

p.s does anyone else feel like they are dry inside. I know this doesn't make any sense. Let me try to explain better. Nope i can't lol.

Hope all are well.

as you can see my typing has improved slightly haha
post #15 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 11:06 AM
SAS Member

Location: all alone yo, no one around and all i can hear is this ****ed up sound.
My Mood: Psychedelic
sounds **** mate but hopefully its a sign of better things.

How long have you been taking the vit B ? and what kind of dose ? Vit B supps seem to make me feel **** so I stay well clear these days, and I get enough in my diet.

Dry inside ? like struggling to piss, blocked nose etc ?

I never worked a day in my life, I just lay back and let the big beat lead me

post #16 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC01 View Post
sounds **** mate but hopefully its a sign of better things.

How long have you been taking the vit B ? and what kind of dose ? Vit B supps seem to make me feel **** so I stay well clear these days, and I get enough in my diet.

Dry inside ? like struggling to piss, blocked nose etc ?
No like as if you have dry skin but inside lmfao. i know it doesn't make any sense.

It's a vit b complex....

B1 - 1.1mg
B2 - 1.4mg
B3 - 16mg
B5 - 6mg
B6 - 1.4mg
B12 - 2.5
post #17 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 01:41 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
When I woke up this morning I felt depressed, literally felt like I was going to burst into tears and just thought whats the point of all this. you know.

I look at this as a sign it's starting to work, from experience i always used to feel truy fed up when a med was starting to do something.

Hoping by the end of this week my body will be used to the dosing and I can function as a human been abit more.
Yup that sounds like Nardil is doing something. The second month when i was on Nardil was depressing as hell. Plagued with apathy, I just couldn't find the energy to be bothered doing anything. There was a time when I was just lying on the floor...waiting lol. That depressing phased started to lifted thankfully near the end of the 2nd month. By the 9th week it finally kicked in like a lightbulb and has been working ever since.

Just keep at it and it should all blow over!

Tried: Lexapro, Cipralex, Celexa, Zoloft, Cymbalta, Abilify, Zyprexa, Nardil, Remeron, Lyrica, Beta-Blocker, Gerax

Effective: Gerax, Nardil

Current: Nardil 60mg
post #18 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Table Space View Post
Yup that sounds like Nardil is doing something. The second month when i was on Nardil was depressing as hell. Plagued with apathy, I just couldn't find the energy to be bothered doing anything. There was a time when I was just lying on the floor...waiting lol. That depressing phased started to lifted thankfully near the end of the 2nd month. By the 9th week it finally kicked in like a lightbulb and has been working ever since.

Just keep at it and it should all blow over!
Hi,

9-10 weeks is what im expecting for full nardil affects.

Could really do without the depressed phase though lol
post #19 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Surrounded by Sadness

The BP lowering effect went away pretty fast (within a month).

Probably could have entirely avoided Nardil's lowering of BP by simply starting at a low dose and increasing slowly.

This is something Parnate doesn't do -- no matter how fast you ramp up the dose nor high how you go. And I don't know of anyone on SAS who went as high as me.

DEA agents, being on par with Nazi war criminals, should be executed for crimes against humanity. They are guilty of inflicting mass suffering upon legitimate patients.
post #20 of 375 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraShy View Post
The BP lowering effect went away pretty fast (within a month).

Probably could have entirely avoided Nardil's lowering of BP by simply starting at a low dose and increasing slowly.

This is something Parnate doesn't do -- no matter how fast you ramp up the dose nor high how you go. And I don't know of anyone on SAS who went as high as me.

I feel like in general now, day 10 that i'm not feeling much bp change effect. Had a moment earlier but I think it may be because i was drinking pepsi? also playing ufc 2 on xbox which was making me angry prob didnt help.

Still feel like dog poop. Felt less out of it and wobbly though this morning, body is slowly addapting i think.

Yesterday I felt rather agitated. everything was annoying me and i just wanted to be left alone in peace. Didn't enjoy feeling like that.

Looking forward to better days to come

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page