Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Like Tree9 Liked Posts

Old 03-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Memantine + Amphetamine

I take (d)-amphetamine 15mg IR ~3 days per week. It works very well for SA and sometimes can make me very extroverted, but it's not a practical treatment as tolerance sets in if I use it more frequently.

After hearing many glowing reports about how memantine inhibits the development of amphetamine tolerance, I started taking it at 5mg for 4 days, and have been on 10mg/day since. On the 12th day of being on 10mg memantine, I took my usual 15mg dose of amph, and felt a powerful surge of euphoria, sociability, confidence, and was completely free of SA. It was just like taking amphetamine for the first time! Over the next 4 days, I took 15mg each morning but skipped one day. Each dose was just as powerful and efficacious, AND the duration was extended to ~7-8 hours! So this brings me to today, where I decided to reduce my amph dose to 10mg, and it's working even better than 15mg did before starting memantine.

Could memantine render amphetamine a practical longterm treatment for SA/social anhedonia (among many other disorders)? Looks like it may, but I'll have to give it the test of time. Anyone else have any experience with this regimen?
IllusionalFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awesome to read about your experience with memantine for amphetamine tolerance. I personally have been researching memantine for this purpose for a while, and have contacted some people that have used this regime on a long term basis. The longest succes story i know about was off someone who has been on this combo for 18 months succesfully, however those are a few things ive learned from looking at other ppl's experiences:

- Memantine should be taken in 2 doses a day, because even tough it has a long half life, its windows of effects could be shorter.
- 30 or 40mg a day is optimal, altough for some ppl lower doses may work great.
- You need to take a 1 or 2 day break from amphetamine every week.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Anyone is free to PM me questions or ask my MSN adress.
crayzyMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

I took 5mg memantine and 30mg adderal IR a few hours ago and the addy is working great. I also mixed in a benzo.....no social anxiety and plenty of euphoria. Am I treating my SA properly or are all these meds a bad idea? I guess some having some general anxiety about the med situation. The Benzo/Adderall/Memantine combo has been completely destroying my SA at work....this is promising.
inVis420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inVis420 View Post
I took 5mg memantine and 30mg adderal IR a few hours ago and the addy is working great. I also mixed in a benzo.....no social anxiety and plenty of euphoria. Am I treating my SA properly or are all these meds a bad idea? I guess some having some general anxiety about the med situation. The Benzo/Adderall/Memantine combo has been completely destroying my SA at work....this is promising.
That's awesome to hear.

It's a very safe cocktail. The memantine mitigates amphetamine-induced neurotoxicity by reducing excessive glutamatergic neurotransmission.
IllusionalFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionalFate View Post
That's awesome to hear.

It's a very safe cocktail. The memantine mitigates amphetamine-induced neurotoxicity by reducing excessive glutamatergic neurotransmission.
Thanks

I dont know why benzo's work so well for me. There's just something about that total relaxation feeling that's got me hooked. I hope I just use the benzos responsibly....i bought some phenibut to use on days off, hopefully that helps. Amphetamines are essential too because i'm diagnosed with inattentive ADD.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzyMed View Post
Awesome to read about your experience with memantine for amphetamine tolerance. I personally have been researching memantine for this purpose for a while, and have contacted some people that have used this regime on a long term basis. The longest succes story i know about was off someone who has been on this combo for 18 months succesfully, however those are a few things ive learned from looking at other ppl's experiences:

- Memantine should be taken in 2 doses a day, because even tough it has a long half life, its windows of effects could be shorter.
- 30 or 40mg a day is optimal, altough for some ppl lower doses may work great.
- You need to take a 1 or 2 day break from amphetamine every week.
I take 10mg of memantine and feel weird....I can't imagine taking that much. Am I still getting tolerance benefit of any kind?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I take 10mg of memantine and feel weird....I can't imagine taking that much. Am I still getting tolerance benefit of any kind?
Since you take enough breaks from your meds it could work, cant say anything for certain as its differend for most people.
Keep on eye on any tolerance forming, if there is, up the dose.

Also, the wierd feeling goes away after a few days. And i highly recommend to try to up your dose when you have time to let your body adapt.

-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzyMed View Post
Since you take enough breaks from your meds it could work, cant say anything for certain as its differend for most people.
Keep on eye on any tolerance forming, if there is, up the dose.

Also, the wierd feeling goes away after a few days. And i highly recommend to try to up your dose when you have time to let your body adapt.
Thanks man i'll try that....I trust your opinion you seem to do alot of research.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Is Adderall + Klonopin considered a speedball? Is it safe?

Lol...btw I would take Generalized Anxiety Disorder over SA anyday of the week. Which is how i'm feeling right now.

Gotta go to work....i'll keep you guys updated. I love the medication forum
InTheWorldOfNiM likes this.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

^^adderall/klonopin feels NOTHING like a speedball...a speedball is heroin/cocaine IVed....completely different ballgame...

very interested in memantine...d
belfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Is Adderall + Klonopin considered a speedball? Is it safe?

Lol...btw I would take Generalized Anxiety Disorder over SA anyday of the week. Which is how i'm feeling right now.

Gotta go to work....i'll keep you guys updated. I love the medication forum
No, this combination is safe The downside of such a combo would be that you would have the withdraw from both if you want to stop taking them, but you take breaks every week so thats not a problem.

-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah, definetly dude....i took only 5mg Memantine, and I got alot of tolerance benefits. But, still, honestly, the faster you go up to 20mg or above, the more pain u can save yourself. I was lazy and waited 1 month after each dose raise, before going up again, now im going up to 15 or 20mg,.....it seems, at 5-10mg, tolerance is prevented for about 2-4 weeks. Definetly a higher dose is more desirable....the wierd side effects go away within 3 days, as Crazymed said....its not too bad at all. yay for Amph+memantine...... makes me functional again.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belfort View Post
^^adderall/klonopin feels NOTHING like a speedball...a speedball is heroin/cocaine IVed....completely different ballgame...

very interested in memantine...d
speaking of such....(haha) i wonder what Amphetamine+Memantine(20mg or more)+Codeine+glutethimide would be like.......i dunno if Amphetamine is metabolized by CYP2D6 strongly or not. Glutethimide would be a pain to get though......But anyways, Klonopin+Amph+Memantine seemed alot like a speedball to me, but then again, ive never tried a speedball, let alone any strong opiates. So why am i even talking? lolol Im just interested in obliterating my SA. Klonopin+Amph+Memantine did it for quite a while, until tolerance set it.....so, ya.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Those increases in memantine don't really sound like a sustainable solution Vini. Taking regular breaks from amphetamine is the only way to do it properly long-term, and even memantine will at best allow you to take those breaks a bit less often.

20mg seems like a low dose of Parnate, btw. Do you plan to stay at that? Parnate is a great drug to take with amphetamine in adequate doses because it vastly increases the potency and also protects against dopamine-induced neurotoxicity (not through glutamate excitotoxicity or anything, but by preventing the oxidation of dopamine to neurotoxic metabolites).
meyaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

well, an adderall/valium combo feels to me like a strong initial burst of mild euphoria coupled with social motivation while at the same time feeling relaxed...a heroin/amphetamine combo provides a huge burst of euphoria...just absolute relaxation rushes thru your body and mind...you are completely content with the world, you love everything and everyone..i dont get like that from adderal, not even close...
belfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vini Vidi Vici View Post
yeah, definetly dude....i took only 5mg Memantine, and I got alot of tolerance benefits. But, still, honestly, the faster you go up to 20mg or above, the more pain u can save yourself. I was lazy and waited 1 month after each dose raise, before going up again, now im going up to 15 or 20mg,.....it seems, at 5-10mg, tolerance is prevented for about 2-4 weeks. Definetly a higher dose is more desirable....the wierd side effects go away within 3 days, as Crazymed said....its not too bad at all. yay for Amph+memantine...... makes me functional again.
Id go to a minimum of 30mg of memantine a day since you take amphetamine on a more regular basis. Even 20mg is probably too low if you take amphetamine more then 4 times a week.

As far as breaks, you know i'm pushing you when its time for one.

Quote:
even memantine will at best allow you to take those breaks a bit less often.
It does make a BIG difference when done correctly, however a big difference doesnt mean you can take amphetamine all the time without tolerance, its just that amphetamine itself can build a COMPLETE tolerance after just 2 days in some people, and many report being completely tolerant to the mood boosting effects after 2 weeks. There are also ppl that dont have much issues with tolerance tough, but its a pretty big problem.

You are correct that you still need to take regular breaks, i allways recommend people to take a 1 or 2 day break off amphetamine every week and/or a 1 week break after every 3 weeks.

-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

well this is an interesting thread
for one thing i never knew amphetamine was legal lol, i asked my doc about mixing adderral with memantine or taking a amphetamine and he laughed and shook his head and said "no way" because amphetamine will cause more anxiety when u come down off it also i am pretty sure anything ending with amine is not legal, unless i am wrong off course i thought methamphetamine was a potent drug that you snort known as crank, spank, P, Ice, speed and so forth

Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?-Abraham Lincoln
Arisa1536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

I'm going to see my doc on friday to ask for dexedrine. I think I'll ask for memantine too. If I only take the dex 3 or 4 days of the week should I take the memantine everyday or just the days I take the dex?
DrewDrewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewDrewson View Post
I'm going to see my doc on friday to ask for dexedrine. I think I'll ask for memantine too. If I only take the dex 3 or 4 days of the week should I take the memantine everyday or just the days I take the dex?
I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself
meyaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

Once your body gets used to it, it'll poop out.
mike8803 is offline   Reply With Quote