X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 10-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Meds or Nostalgia?

I keep thinking back in the "good old days" like 4 years ago when I would feel peaceful, happy, and hedonic. No anxiety. No struggle to keep down tears. I was on paroxetine 20 or 30 (cant remember) back then.

Now things are different. I cant tolerate paxil anymore cuz i think it just zombifies me. Perhaps if i was on a high dose i would be extroverted and do some of the crazy things i used to do and would feel hedonia that way. but really...i dont know if it had anything to do with meds or just a worsening of my condition.

Nowadays i take benadryl sometimes to keep me calm....i previously took 10 mg of paxil and it made me only half as anxious as i am now but also zombied out.

I feel kinda down this morning but i know soon ill feel better. im sure my serotonin is just kinda low after i wake up from heavy rem sleep.
InterestinglyInteresting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestinglyInteresting View Post
I keep thinking back in the "good old days" like 4 years ago when I would feel peaceful, happy, and hedonic. No anxiety. No struggle to keep down tears. I was on paroxetine 20 or 30 (cant remember) back then.

Now things are different. I cant tolerate paxil anymore cuz i think it just zombifies me. Perhaps if i was on a high dose i would be extroverted and do some of the crazy things i used to do and would feel hedonia that way. but really...i dont know if it had anything to do with meds or just a worsening of my condition.

Nowadays i take benadryl sometimes to keep me calm....i previously took 10 mg of paxil and it made me only half as anxious as i am now but also zombied out.

I feel kinda down this morning but i know soon ill feel better. im sure my serotonin is just kinda low after i wake up from heavy rem sleep.
Never belived in SSRI, they keep you out of reality, killing your dreams.. If I need to calm me down and kill my creativity I prefere a good benzo for a prn use.

I'm not a big fan of serotonin.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have that nostalgia too about the "good ol days" before I had severe chronic pain but I was just as suicidal back then as I am now. I also didn't know about SA back then either, just thought I was crazy. But not med related nostalgia because most don't work for me.
Under17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestinglyInteresting View Post
Perhaps if i was on a high dose i would be extroverted and do some of the crazy things i used to do and would feel hedonia that way.
Unfortunately with SSRI's generally the higher the dose, the more pronounced the side effects become, so I think that a higher dose would only make things worse.
jim_morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

How about both?? Hence "Back in the day"...............
metamorphosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I was on paroxetine 20 or 30
Back in the day some antidepressant worked, in the future this other antidepressant will work.

Its time to think about antidepressants instead of the past, because that paroxetine definatly didnt work because he was used "back in the day"!

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Anyone is free to PM me questions or ask my MSN adress.
crayzyMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

So there the four hoursemen went fourth!
metamorphosis is offline   Reply With Quote