Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Like Tree9 Liked Posts

Old 08-04-2008, 03:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Klonopin (clonazepam)

Well, it's about my fourth day on this medication (first meds taken for SA). First night, I took it and instantly fell asleep (on the garage floor, mind you)...it really knocked me out. But the day after, I felt amazing! I felt comfortable in my own skin, and guess what. I felt so comfortable I went out and had sex for the first time because I was feeling so good (normally just the thought of someone seing me half-naked would have killed me..)
The next night when I took it, I didnt fall asleep immediatly, but instead was extremely loopy and cracked out...

It has been making me relaxed more and enjoy spending time with my family a lot more as well.

Anyways, I will not write a novel about just a couple of days, but I wanted to point out that today, I did not feel the meds working. I felt extremely irritable, mad at the world, and just flat out a rude@$$! Is this common? I do not want to be angry everyday! Also, I have been thinking a lot today and yesterday about me going insane. Am I psychotic? Because I'm pretty sure I'm almost there.

Also....could clonazepam cause insomnia? I know a side effect is lack in sexual desire..which by the way is killing me.

Thanks for any response I might get! Advice/ help would be appreciated!
malibubarista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Klonopin (clonazepam)

klonopin is the best for SA.
Average Citizen likes this.
prozacilhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

thats what I have been reading, I'm just not sure that I can handle these side effects. Random bursts of complet anger? Not so good at my job...
Old 08-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

ive taken clonazepam for two years and only had one severe reaction when I stopped taking my medication. my panic attacks came back but when im on the medication only i feel drowsy.

-------------------------------------------------------
CopadoMexicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nowadays Clonazepam for me feels just like a sugar pill. I believe i've already build up a considerable tolerance to it, but on the first days, yeah, I felt just like you did.

I have always been a late sleeper, and before I decided to stop taking the drug, I'd take something like 4 or 6 mg during the day, mix it with a beer or two, and still couldn't sleep before 4 a.m. Can't blame the drug, though, I blame the damn tolerance.

I was taking it daily and for two years. Never had any significant sexual side-effect. Are you mixing it with other drugs? And how much are you taking?
Steiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

I love my 2mg Klonopin pills They are so handy!
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Note: majority of typos are from posting on my phone
Noca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

1mg a night, only other medication im taking is clarinex for allergies
Old 08-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca
I love my 2mg Klonopin pills They are so handy!
i swear it seems everytime i jump on this site i run into at least 1 topic where noca will be confessing his love for his clonazepam..

but i so agree, i luv my 2mg tabs aswell... all this talk about em makes me wannna go hav 1
WhiteWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Be careful with Klonopin. I know all these feelings all too well. I have been taking Clono for 3 years now. I began to abuse them because of depression and tolerance. Please be careful and follow doctor orders. Yes, Klonopin can do wonders, but it can also have serious side effects and lead to problems down the line if not followed correctly. Goodluck.
BNelley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNelley24
Be careful with Klonopin. I know all these feelings all too well. I have been taking Clono for 3 years now. I began to abuse them because of depression and tolerance. Please be careful and follow doctor orders. Yes, Klonopin can do wonders, but it can also have serious side effects and lead to problems down the line if not followed correctly. Goodluck.
Agree'd. Once you build up a tolerance.... they really start to suck. I have dropped down to a half mg 3 times a day because I was popping them like tic tacs and getting few results. And withdrawal really sucks!!!
Cured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:19 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Agree'd. Once you build up a tolerance.... they really start to suck. I have dropped down to a half mg 3 times a day because I was popping them like tic tacs and getting few results. And withdrawal really sucks!!!
I hate when I build up a tolerance, cuz then I just take more and more
Old 08-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

well i havent taken them in... 3 nights, after about 2 weeks on them and basically, i cannot sleep.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Just hold on there bud. Those effects should diminish within a few days (atleast mine did).
Wellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
X33

How much do you take? I took 0.5mg for the first time today and didn't notice much in the way of anxiety relief. Initially, I felt drowsy and almost fell asleep on my lab bench but the sleepiness went away in an hour or two. I was expecting the anti anxiety effect to be stronger and last longer. I really, really don't want to increase my dose.
X33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

FYI, I asked my psychiatrist (Stanford M.D.) about Klonopin, and he told me that he doesn't prescribe these short-term effect drugs because they are highly addictive over time. He also mentioned that in order for these drugs to keep working, one will have to keep increasing the dosage, as your body adjusts to the medication. And eventually they will lose the effect they once had.

To me, that's frightening information and enough to keep me far away from taking drugs like Klonopin. Ever.

I hope that people who take medications on this forum are doing serious homework on the drugs. I wouldn't believe everything your doctor tells you, either--do the homework yourself before you put any kind of drug into your body. Meds for psychological disorders can do serious, serious damage in the long-term, and so may unsuspecting people think that they're relatively harmless and just follow doctor's orders. Don't. My doctor would have easily handed me a prescription today for an anti-psychotic that is riddled with harmful side effects, and he doesn't have a clue about what's going on with me at all. I denied the prescription and told him I wanted to read about it--on my own--first.

Good luck everyone.
philomath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
X33

Yeah, my uncle who happens to be a neurosurgeon, also does not recommend such drugs. But what can you do? Some people have severe anxiety that needs to be medicated if they are to make any progress. I have a strong family history of anxiety so I am certain my case is biologically rooted and something like a benzo. should hopefully help me at least get started in the right direction in overcoming this problem.
X33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

If it's going to make me not be sitting there shaking, or holding in my shaking, while hanging out with people, I'm willing to take the risk. If it's going to increase my chance of meeting a girl, even better. I think that it does help with the latter.
jbone and Average Citizen like this.
BeNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

Klonopin definitely helps but it doesn't take the edge off like Xanax does for me. Tranxene also worked better for me than klonopin.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

I love Klonopin, just wish my doctor would prescribe more than 15 measly 1 mg pills a month. I need 2-3 mg to really feel relaxed, so I have to ration them for specific problem days. If only I could have a limitless supply....!
paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:40 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid
I love Klonopin, just wish my doctor would prescribe more than 15 measly 1 mg pills a month. I need 2-3 mg to really feel relaxed, so I have to ration them for specific problem days. If only I could have a limitless supply....!
i have a limitless supply. I have a script for 5mgs a day and i rarely use klonopin anymore. Maybe just twice a week.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Note: majority of typos are from posting on my phone
Noca is offline   Reply With Quote