Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Increased Lexapro dosage, intense anxiety follows?

10K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  alex999 
#1 ·
I increased my Lexapro dosage from 20mg to 30mg last night. 3 hours after I took 30mg for the first time I noticed a slight euphoric feeling and some side effects (yawning, dilated pupils, increased energy).

However, today I noticed a huge head change when I woke up. I woke up with a kind of "stoned" feeling and just felt out of it. My anxiety today has been through the roof, for no real apparent reason. My energy level is really high also, but I just feel frantic and anxious.

Is increased anxiety supposed to happen when you increase your dosage? The last time I increased my dosage from 10 to 20 I didn't experience this. Is this hypomania?

#2 ·
I increased my Lexapro dosage from 20mg to 30mg last night. 3 hours after I took 30mg for the first time I noticed a slight euphoric feeling and some side effects (yawning, dilated pupils, increased energy).

However, today I noticed a huge head change when I woke up. I woke up with a kind of "stoned" feeling and just felt out of it. My anxiety today has been through the roof, for no real apparent reason. My energy level is really high also, but I just feel frantic and anxious.

Is increased anxiety supposed to happen when you increase your dosage? The last time I increased my dosage from 10 to 20 I didn't experience this. Is this hypomania?
I just stopped taking Lexapro today because of the horrible sporadic anxiety attacks i was getting.

I was fine on 10mg then i went to 15mg after 2 weeks (as per my psychatrist) and it was the exact opposite experience. the panic attacks and insanely high anxiety ensued shortly afterward. The attacks would happen even before i took the dose or before i ate breakfast. They happened out of nowhere and were very scary since i had no reason of getting one. My anxiety had never been that bad before. People get prescribed it for anxiety and depression and it just ends up increasing the exact thing it was prescribed to them to stop. We even tried cutting the 10 mg pill in half and eating before i took it at breakfast and dinner but it didn't help at all so she took me off it immediately today.

Heres more peoples side effects. Many people reported they had the worst anxiety attacks they've ever had while on Lexapro and would gladly take the" normal" ones off Lexapro any day...
http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=21440

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

It seems like today it's finally working. I feel like a cloud has lifted today. Depression fading, feel like I'm in a better mood.

But sex drive is going down :( I learned though that is just a part of the med you have to deal with. I'll take a better mood and less depression and anxiety over low sex drive any day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.