Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

I take 200mg Zoloft and 25mg quetiapine

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  watertouch 
#1 ·
Hi guys new to forum I have been prescribed 200mg and 25mg quetiapine in the morning for major depressive disorder with psychotic features. I also take 50mg quetiapine and 2mg of risperidone and 7.5mg of zopiclone at bedtime to help me sleep. I guess my question is it normal to be on two anti psychotics.
Posted via Mobile Device

#2 ·
No idea whether its normal or not and I know nothing about risperidone but thats a low dose of quetiapine so shouldn't have much in the way of anti psychotic action.

How are you finding that combination ? working ok? I hated zopiclone, it would make me depressed in the morning.

#3 ·
The combination is good in the morning make me feel happy but I have a lot of social anxiety that I'm dealing with right now when I go grocery shopping I can't be in the store for more then a half hour 45 mins feels like I'm going to freak out I do have lorzapham 1mg twice daily but feel they don't work anymore. Interesting what you said about zopiclone I have not found that make me depressed in morning but the 200mg of Zoloft with a coffee kinda perks me up.

#4 ·
It's not usual to be on two aap's.

#5 ·
but that is a low dose of quetiapine and certainly not anywhere near the dose prescribed for its anti psychotic action. If its working then fine I guess !!

Swim, a question for you, am I right in saying you take 15mg remeron ? I used to take it a good while back and can remember being very hungry for a while but can't remember if that was an initial effect that subsided, has it for you ? I know that I didn't put any weight on though. Also, a bit personal :) but how do you find your libido on it combined with the Paroxetine?

#6 ·
low dose remeron is the best thing for inducing sleep I've ever taken, and it works all the time. Paroxetine highly affects my libido, and it also causes me anorgasmia.

#7 ·
Hi guys new to forum I have been prescribed 200mg and 25mg quetiapine in the morning for major depressive disorder with psychotic features. I also take 50mg quetiapine and 2mg of risperidone and 7.5mg of zopiclone at bedtime to help me sleep. I guess my question is it normal to be on two anti psychotics.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quetiapine at that low dose usually are not really "antipsychotic" so its kinda common its used with another AAP, But no as Swim said its not normal to use 2 AAP, but then again, kinda with Quetiapine.
Its much "safer" options to compensate for Quetiapines "Antihistaminergic" effects...

Im not really getting if you are;
Being depressed with Psychotic episodes or are diagnosed with:
Psychotic-depression, so it might be something you need to ask you Dr more about.
(don't quit any meds without consulting with your Dr)

Read this
http://psychotropical.com/psychotic-depression-and-tranylcypromine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.