Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

I found a cure for my insomnia!

568 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SFC01 
#1 ·
I'm not completely sure if this is "Medication" worthy, but it seemed the most appropriate. Also, I'm probably stretching the term "insomnia".

At night, it usually takes hours for me to sleep because my mind is all over the place. Especially if I had a bad day, I have all these negative thoughts in my head, it can sometimes take upwards of 4-5 hours for me to finally drift off. This is with NO stimuli. Just a dark room and my thoughts.

The past few weeks, I experimented with sound to see how different stimuli works me. From white noise to music to ASMR, they seemed to have some effect, but not to any huge margin. One night, I was having very negative thoughts, and I thought, "What if I fell asleep listening to positive messages?" I turned on a Tony Robbins audiobook, and I was out in like half an hour. I made playlists of positive messages, and I listened to them every night for about a week, and it seems to work all the time. Less than an hour, and I'm out.

#3 ·
Have you tried mindfulness ? works really well for sleep but you do need daily practice to start to fell the benefits.

10-15 minute meditation, 20 minutes listening to a cosmology lecture and that's me gone for the night ! With the help of trazodone and amitriptyline but not sure if they are doing much for sleep these days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.