How long does clonazepam last when taken under the tongue - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 05-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How long does clonazepam last when taken under the tongue

This is a question I am curious about. On the rare occasion I will take clonazepam under the tongue as opposed to just eating it. I understand that when taken under the tongue it mostly bypasses hepatic metabolism giving it a little bit stonger effects, but consequentially it doesn't last as long.

Does anyone have a general idea as to how long clonazepam actually lasts when taken under the tongue?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm not sure but I'd like to know that as well. It sure does seem to kick in faster under the tongue.
49erJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

I melt in under my tongue for convenience at times but I don't feel it works any faster on me but your mileage may vary. Many seem to get that effect and it makes sense that it would. I generally don't feel it truly "kicking in" for at least 40 min despite taking it sublingually. It's just not a fast acting drug--this is why some people prefer Xanax. I personally am okay with the slow acting time of Kpins because of the longer half life.
WineKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineKitty View Post
I melt in under my tongue for convenience at times but I don't feel it works any faster on me but your mileage may vary. Many seem to get that effect and it makes sense that it would. I generally don't feel it truly "kicking in" for at least 40 min despite taking it sublingually. It's just not a fast acting drug--this is why some people prefer Xanax. I personally am okay with the slow acting time of Kpins because of the longer half life.
I agree with you. Especially when I have dry mouth, it takes forever for the pill to dissolve. In these cases I will eat 1-2mg and I will take 1-2mg sublingually. I love the minty aftertaste and it makes icigarettes taste like menthol. At least the Atctavis ones do. But it kicks in around the sane tiime that it would if I just ate it. Thats why I mix sublingual with eating them to ensure that I am covered for the day.