Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

how is buspar+ssri? (not buspar alone!)

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ahmad 
#1 ·
i'm basically wondering how buspar+ssri is vs just the ssri.... i've read that it's a different story if we're talking about augmenting w/ buspar, versus it alone, so please don't just say "buspar is useless" - you can say "buspar+ssri is useless" if you want want.

i'm 40mg fluoxetine (prozac) now. it's not too bad, but not as great as i'd like. the p-doc says next visit, if i don't feel much better, i'll either switch to escitalopram or augment with something like buspar. thoughts?

(can adding buspar help with delayed orgasm? on fluoxetine it takes forever for me to ejaculate....)

#2 ·
Hey :D
Well the answer is no it wont help because buspar is useless
Sorry thats my own biased opinion and my friend les who i used to flat with took buspar in high doses and she felt numb and nauseous all day everyday, whereas i felt it only added to depression and made me agitated and unable to sit still plus it can make you eat and gain weight.
Mixed with an SSRI it would most likely blunt your emotions as a lot f people find SSRI meds tend to do that and buspar is even worse IMO

I would stay away from it personally
The best SSRI for SA would be paxil but it has its own side effects and issues

Bupropion is good for SSRI induced sexual dysfunction and can usually increase or at the least normalize sex drive, i would ask about that :D

All the best

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.