Has anyone used Provigil (Modafinil)? - Social Anxiety Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 338
Question Has anyone used Provigil (Modafinil)?

Has anyone used Provigil, if so, how does it feel? Does it feel like Adderall? Im using it to counteract sedation and tiredness from klonopin. Any suggestions would be helpful.
spartan7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 338
bump
spartan7 is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In A Flashback
Gender: Male
Posts: 241
It's not near as strong as adderall, but it will keep you awake and motivated. I'm using it right now as an anti-depressant. It's working pretty well, but I take about 500mg at a time (of Nuvigil actually, the new version of it.).
Freebird is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 338
Adderall does barely anything for me at 40 mg a day combined with klonopin.
spartan7 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Surrounded by Sadness
 
UltraShy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI (BDSM sadist, Libertarian)
Gender: Male
Age: 42
Posts: 34,180
Provigil & Nuvigil feel nothing like amphetamines.

They produce some wakefulness effect, but lack the profoundly happy & not hungry effect of amphetamines.

I've only used free samples of both and wasn't too impressed.

DEA agents, being on par with Nazi war criminals, should be executed for crimes against humanity. They are guilty of inflicting mass suffering upon legitimate patients.
UltraShy is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:51 AM
kev
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 1,676
It worked a little for me. It wasn't a life-changer though. Everyone's different though.
kev is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:58 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 89
i'm also curious about this one, as i'm thinking of ordering it soon.

i'm thinking to use it once or twice a week, in order to be very productive on those days. does Modafinil work for that? aside from making me feel more awake, would i be able to concentrate better, or work on things that normally bore the hell out of me without too much difficulty?
csrpj is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Surrounded by Sadness
 
UltraShy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI (BDSM sadist, Libertarian)
Gender: Male
Age: 42
Posts: 34,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrpj View Post
aside from making me feel more awake, would i be able to concentrate better, or work on things that normally bore the hell out of me without too much difficulty?
I doubt they'd turn the boring into the interesting or even less boring.

Even amphetamines don't make doing complex tax returns fun.

DEA agents, being on par with Nazi war criminals, should be executed for crimes against humanity. They are guilty of inflicting mass suffering upon legitimate patients.
UltraShy is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 338
Its either 60 mg of Adderall IR a day or 200 mg of Provigil
spartan7 is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Spectacular Member
 
Noca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ontario
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 19,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan7 View Post
Its either 60 mg of Adderall IR a day or 200 mg of Provigil
and where is your source for this conversion?

There isn't enough bacon in the world for the two of us, so one of us needs to go.
Noca is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 12:28 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
It's not near as strong as adderall, but it will keep you awake and motivated. I'm using it right now as an anti-depressant. It's working pretty well, but I take about 500mg at a time (of Nuvigil actually, the new version of it.).
I don't take nuvigil, I take provigil, but I read they are the same med, or at least really similar.
500 mg of provigil it's a big dose, when I use 200 mg I have problems to sleep at night, even taking it at morning.
Have you sleep problems with 500mg of nuvigil?
feelalone is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 03:12 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
True, I've been using it for some time, and it is NOTHING like amphetamines at all. I doubt that it would help many people with social anxiety, but it does help keep you awake.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraShy View Post
Provigil & Nuvigil feel nothing like amphetamines.

They produce some wakefulness effect, but lack the profoundly happy & not hungry effect of amphetamines.

I've only used free samples of both and wasn't too impressed.
samsonite is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 03:18 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Caffeine I feel works better for this. Provigil for the most part is very good for people who have problems staying up during the day. Everyone is different, but I've found that boring things are still boring with or without Provigil. Additionally, the stuff is super expensive.


Quote:
Originally Posted by csrpj View Post
i'm also curious about this one, as i'm thinking of ordering it soon.

i'm thinking to use it once or twice a week, in order to be very productive on those days. does Modafinil work for that? aside from making me feel more awake, would i be able to concentrate better, or work on things that normally bore the hell out of me without too much difficulty?
samsonite is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In A Flashback
Gender: Male
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelalone View Post
I don't take nuvigil, I take provigil, but I read they are the same med, or at least really similar.
500 mg of provigil it's a big dose, when I use 200 mg I have problems to sleep at night, even taking it at morning.
Have you sleep problems with 500mg of nuvigil?
Nuvigil mainly just lasts a little longer. I think the dosing is pretty similar though. And no I don't have sleep problems. Once it wears off I sleep like a baby.
Freebird is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Provigil (modafinil) Helena_SAS Stimulants 6 12-12-2013 03:37 PM
Modafinil metamorphosis Medication 46 06-19-2013 12:18 PM
For those who know about Modafinil.. Iwillovercomeanxiety1 Medication 6 10-07-2010 05:30 PM
Modafinil? Anyone? peaceandlove09 Medication 8 09-04-2010 12:48 PM
Modafinil, anyone try it? n1kkuh Medication 2 12-13-2009 02:33 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome