X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 06-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Got some klonopin samples

It turns out my neighbor has panic attacks so she has a bunch of 0.5mg klonopins.

my girlfriend got me some from her so i could try them out before I make recommendations to the doc.

Here is what I got.

1 0.5mg pill - I took this lastnight and after about 45 minutes felt drowsy and past out for the night.

2 0.5mg wafers - I took one at 2pm, felt a slight calming but still to nervous to go and carry on a conversation with a neighbor. So now at about 4pm I took another 0.5 wafer and I will be monitoring what happens. Right now I should have 1mg in my system.
jeremynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: Got some klonopin samples

Cool, keep up posted
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Alright, its about 9pm now and I just got back from having dinner at my girlfriends dads house (Social Event).

I felt a little more relaxed, but the social anxiety was still there. I could not carry on a conversation and started getting a "Blank Mind" again like always. The klonopin also made me feel a little more edgier like I almost had the courage to go punch someone in there teeth. hmmm dunno about this stuff.

Sometimes I wonder if I dont have ADD/Social Anxiety because I could never concentrate worth a crap in school and could never follow lesson plans. That is part of the reason I dropped out in 9th grade.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

You, your GF, and the neighbor are engaged in illegal activity. Doing so with any prescription drug would upset the FDA. Doing so with a controlled substance like this would upset the DEA as well. I'd scold you, but it's my dream to get rid of both the DEA & FDA (with the main emphasis on the DEA).
UltraShy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

If you want your doc to trust you, don't tell him you tried someone else's meds!!!

They're controlled substances. They weren't prescribed for you.

You can't really get away with acting like you thought it was an OK thing to do. Even children in this country are taught that you aren't supposed to take someone else's medication. It's a fairly basic and widely held ideal.

I understand wanting to try them out before requesting a script from your doc, but I'd highly advise against indicating that you took a drug that wasn't prescribed for you. Any excessive alcohol or illicit drug use will also get you put on the "no controlled drugs list" with your doc.

The fact that you couldn't hold a conversation and felt angry after Klonopin is not a good thing, as I'm sure you are aware of! (the anger sounds like a paradoxical rx'n) You really need a doctor to give an accurate diagnosis and to monitor your treatment. Trying to do this yourself isn't helping in the long run.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
jealibeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hey no bursting of bubble here. And yea I know, I was in no way planning to go tell my doc that I was trying the neighbors meds lol. I am actually just going to read off all the stuff I wrote down on paper on what I go through everyday and I am going to ask her to refer me to the shrink (I have a hard time spelling physalogist) Yes, I know I was performing illegal activity by sampling her meds. But I have been suffering with this for so long that I am desperate for anykind of help. I have no more left now , so dont worry

btw, what is paradoxical rx'n?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Really, my biggest worry isn't about legality, it's about trust. That's why you wouldn't want to tell a doctor about using someone else's psych meds, you'd appear untrustworthy.

Paradoxical means opposite. Sometimes people have a reaction that is the complete opposite of what is expected (i.e. anger from Klonopin, a medication that is thought to be somewhat calming or sedation from a stimulant, which should make one more alert).
jealibeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

The fact that you couldn't hold a conversation and felt angry after Klonopin is not a good thing, as I'm sure you are aware of! (the anger sounds like a paradoxical rx'n) You really need a doctor to give an accurate diagnosis and to monitor your treatment. Trying to do this yourself isn't helping in the long run.
[/quote]

Well I know the drug was making me a little edgy, but I think alot of it has to do with fustration.

For example, Dealing wth my girlfriends dad, he is the kind of guy that thinks his shhiit dont stink. He is also an attention *****. He has never really excepted me as being his daughters future husband. I know he would rather see her with an american hero or something (Someone that just came from iraq) instead of some quite person...

He tends to hold a grudge against me too since my mom would'nt fukk him. He also never starts a conversation with me, I always have to say somnething to him to start a conversation with him.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremynd
Well I know the drug was making me a little edgy, but I think alot of it has to do with fustration.

For example, Dealing wth my girlfriends dad, he is the kind of guy that thinks his shhiit dont stink. He is also an attention *****. He has never really excepted me as being his daughters future husband. I know he would rather see her with an american hero or something (Someone that just came from iraq) instead of some quite person...

He tends to hold a grudge against me too since my mom would'nt fukk him. He also never starts a conversation with me, I always have to say somnething to him to start a conversation with him.[/quote]
Old 06-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

A paradoxical reaction (I assume that's what "rx'n" means) is when a drug does the opposite of what you expect. Such reactions are most commonly seen in the very young & very old. Examples would be Benadryl making a little kid hyper, when it would make most people sleepy. Or Valium making an elderly many highly agitated, when it would make most people more mellow.
UltraShy is online now   Reply With Quote